Lucy Flight

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s coming across very aggressive and patronising in her stories. In my opinion that is not the way to go about helping the cause. I hope I’m wrong but I really doubt she’d be this passionate about it if it wasn’t for Dan :/ there’s a difference between trying to educate people and berating people for not swiping up on a particular article you have linked. And as said by allstars, I’m sure the majority of her followers are more intelligent/educated on the matter. Feels very “bandwagon”ish and dare I say insensitive in light of recent events.

it’s such an important issue and I feel like she’s not treating it in the right way at all.

Reactions: 8
Oh my gosh, I'm sorry but this is horrendous. The girl wasn't that rude to her, just addressed the fact that just because people aren't as passionate as her doesn't make them bad people, and she has added it to her story and basically called the girl racist?!

Attachments

Reactions: 3
Oh my gosh, I'm sorry but this is horrendous. The girl wasn't that rude to her, just addressed the fact that just because people aren't as passionate as her doesn't make them bad people, and she has added it to her story and basically called the girl racist?!
I am the person who she sent this too . I called her out after this and said wasn’t she being racist when she was calling her Black bf ( then ex ) in her old YouTube videos by calling him saying how awful he was to her and taking her money but I just blocked as she didn’t like that ! I am the not at all racist and I think it’s awful that she made me feel like that just because I didn’t click on her story .She’s delusional! I told her that we don’t have all hours to spare just sat around in our London flat and some people dnt have time to go through everyone’s story’s as much as we would like too ! But that doesn’t make me racist does it

Last edited:
  • Heart
I am the person who she sent this too . I called her out after this and said wasn’t she being racist when she was calling her Black bf ( then ex ) in her old YouTube videos by calling him saying how awful he was to her and taking her money but I just blocked as she didn’t like that ! I am the not at all racist and I think it’s awful that she made me feel like that just because I didn’t click on her story .She’s delusional! I told her that we don’t have all hours to spare just sat around in our London flat and some people dnt have time to go through everyone’s story’s as much as we would like too ! But that doesn’t make me racist does it
That doesn’t make you racist at all!! Im sorry she did that to you x

exactly, time is precious for most people, I prefer to spend mine doing my own research and getting information from trusted sources, NOT from a YouTube vlogger who has suddenly decided to advocate for black rights. I’d prefer someone who is well educated on it. Absolutely doesn’t make you racist just because you don’t choose to read the article she has decided to reference.

in the same breath, I do think it’s great that she’s using her platform to spread awareness for such an important issue but as I said, she’s going about it in the complete wrong way.

• Heart
Honestly I've gone right off her. Great she is raising awareness but have you seen the story she's just uploaded? She's obviously reading here. She's saying if you're not racist, why would you be triggered by being called racist.
Calling someone racist is a massive statement to make, and especially to expose you as 'racist' to over 150,000 followers is not ok when you've not even said ANYTHING remotely racist. Imagine the hate that person could potentially get? Raise awareness but don't attack other people in the process. Racism is an awful thing, and I would never ever be, but the aggressive way she is going about things is not ok.

Reactions: 4
Dan and Lucy are basically saying if you can't share my story to help me get more followers and views that makes you an automatic racist. Even if you have explored racism and white privilege in other ways or using other articles than the one Lucy has told you to read that makes you a racist. It is laughable!

Sorry but not swiping up on her story doesn’t make you uneducated, did she ever consider that her following have already seen it or maybe are black and the whole thing has been triggering? Funny how she’s now claiming people need to educate themselves this has been an issue that has been going on for a long long time

She’s deluded. I know she’s speaking out of anger, but why does getting offended at being called a racist make you a racist?😂 maybe someone would get offended because they’ve spent their time and efforts already reading up about the case, not swiping up on a crappy swipe up link. The privilege screaaaamed out

Reactions: 5
She’s deluded. I know she’s speaking out of anger, but why does getting offended at being called a racist make you a racist?😂 maybe someone would get offended because they’ve spent their time and efforts already reading up about the case, not swiping up on a crappy swipe up link. The privilege screaaaamed out
So true, she's showing herself to be the absolute nutter that she is. This is a matter that goes far beyond a bloody instagram story, but she's too self-absorbed to see that. Truly disgusting.

I'm sorry but where were all her stories the countless other times stuff like this has happened in the US? I am all for raising awareness etc but this has been going on forever and it seems as if Lucy has only just realised herself and is trying to make people feel like tit for not being aware etc.

Exactly 😂 I’d be offended if I got called anything horrible that doesn’t describe who I am as a person! Racist, homophobic, b*tch, stupid- I’d be offended by any of those 😂 by her logic that makes me a racist homophobic stupid b*tch 😂

there are so many things that are wrong in the world, it’s IMPOSSIBLE to read every article/study and raise awareness for them all. She’s not currently raising awareness for gay rights, female rights, animal rights, religious discrimination, climate change.. does that mean she doesn’t care about them? Absolutely not! I’m sure she does but she’s not going to read every article on them that’s linked by someone she follows on Instagram.

there’s a difference between reposting someone’s story of his poor face on your story vs actually going on twitter and reading about it without telling anyone. I’m so angry, she really is deluded

Exactly 😂 I’d be offended if I got called anything horrible that doesn’t describe who I am as a person! Racist, homophobic, b*tch, stupid- I’d be offended by any of those 😂 by her logic that makes me a racist homophobic stupid b*tch 😂

there are so many things that are wrong in the world, it’s IMPOSSIBLE to read every article/study and raise awareness for them all. She’s not currently raising awareness for gay rights, female rights, animal rights, religious discrimination, climate change.. does that mean she doesn’t care about them? Absolutely not! I’m sure she does but she’s not going to read every article on them that’s linked by someone she follows on Instagram.
Someone who used to bully me in school called me homophobic, and yeah I got angry (and still am), not because I am a homophobe but literally the opposite 😂 if anyone calling a non-racist a racist would make someone more offended no?

I see Amy her sister hasn't posted anything to her stories regarding it - why isn't she screaming at her.

Reactions: 4
Wow, I cannot get over the aggression of her approach and choice of words she’s used. I’m actually in shock. Clearly she is not diplomatic in any way, anyone that disagrees with her is wrong.

After seeing her stories I’ve unfollowed her on all platforms. I am saddened by what’s happened and will do everything I can to support the movement. I simply unsubscribed because she’s so nasty, aggressive and righteous. She’s on a huge attack and I’d like to know what she’s done for movements such as the black lives matter movement before this incident. She comes across as a bullish, nasty idiot and though I think it’s excellent to raise the issue, this is not the right way. I think she’s doing it to prove her support on the matter to her boyfriend, but she could have urged people to open their eyes and educated themselves in a different way. I liked her content but she’s really put me off lately. What id like to see are actions. Why doesn’t she refuse to do a brand deal unless that brand deal shows support to the movement and has a clear diverse brand - I bet she’s never looked into those things.
Again, this is a serious matter and I am behind it with anything in my power I can do,

her manner and aggressive tone is nasty and I hope she learns a lesson.

I hope she starts turning down the free giveaways etc and asks those brands to make donations to the movement instead.

what a stupid girl. I imagine a lot of it is the influence of her boyfriend and he’s known for having an attitude anyway so it’s rubbing off.

I so hope she reads this.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
My boyfriend is a filmmaker and I showed him her stories- thinks she’s ideal example of the downfall of society and is now watching her videos for research on a completely vapid character he’s writing 😂😂

I just find it so self-righteous that she feels she has the right to nearly act as if she has personally suffered because of black prejudice? That’s the vibe I’m getting anyway. I’d be interested to know how her black followers feel about it? Again, I think we’ve all made it clear that it’s great she’s spreading awareness but perhaps not in the best way.

No wonder her and Dan are back together they are both ignorant, rude and self righteous it makes complete sense.

Reactions: 7
My boyfriend is a filmmaker and I showed him her stories- thinks she’s ideal example of the downfall of society and is now watching her videos for research on a completely vapid character he’s writing 😂😂

I just find it so self-righteous that she feels she has the right to nearly act as if she has personally suffered because of black prejudice? That’s the vibe I’m getting anyway. I’d be interested to know how her black followers feel about it? Again, I think we’ve all made it clear that it’s great she’s spreading awareness but perhaps not in the best way.
Also he has adblocker so dw he’s not lining her pockets 😂😂

Reactions: 1
I would also like to see proof of her really pushing her viewers on this issue before? Also, I just watched some of her boyfriends Insta stories - wow. The terrible issue is not at all coming across, he’s just nasty. This is a very serious issue and they’re obsessed with people swiping on their stories?
I also forgot to mention earlier that Lucy posted a link to a petition you can sign today. Yesterday I tried to sign this petition and I wanted to share it BUT you can only sign it if you have a US zip code, so she obviously hadn’t signed it. I played ignorant and messaged her in reply to it asking where she signed because I was struggling how to do so with a UK postcode.

absolute idiots the both of them. I’ve engaged with their content today but no more - BYE.

all of theirs friends like the Emily Canham would have posted pronto after seeing Lucy’s stories yesterday. Let’s see how accountable Lucy makes her You Tube friends for spreading awareness with massive followings.

• Heart
I would also like to see proof of her really pushing her viewers on this issue before? Also, I just watched some of her boyfriends Insta stories - wow. The terrible issue is not at all coming across, he’s just nasty. This is a very serious issue and they’re obsessed with people swiping on their stories?
I also forgot to mention earlier that Lucy posted a link to a petition you can sign today. Yesterday I tried to sign this petition and I wanted to share it BUT you can only sign it if you have a US zip code, so she obviously hadn’t signed it. I played ignorant and messaged her in reply to it asking where she signed because I was struggling how to do so with a UK postcode.

absolute idiots the both of them. I’ve engaged with their content today but no more - BYE.

all of theirs friends like the Emily Canham would have posted pronto after seeing Lucy’s stories yesterday. Let’s see how accountable Lucy makes her You Tube friends for spreading awareness with massive followings.
To be fair she has included in the story to use zip code 10001, at the very bottom, easily missed x

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.