Love Island UK 2021

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Checking in for my summer guilty pleasure.

The problem with putting anyone on with a less than perfect body is that even if the other contestants were supportive of that person(s) the general public aka Twitter would rip them to shreds.

I preferred it when then had normal people in it e.g. series 1-3

Reactions: 10
I can not wait. Even if it’s the same body / personality type I’ll still be watching .. bloody love trash tv I do

Reactions: 3
It's nice for the TV team to ask people to think before they post but with the Love Island viewers I think it will fall on deaf ears unfortunately.

In other news Greg from series 5 has now qualified for the 2021 Olympics with the Irish rugby team. Good for him, it's nice that some of them stick to what the were passionate about before the show, even after winning.

Reactions: 26
The problem with putting anyone on with a less than perfect body is that even if the other contestants were supportive of that person(s) the general public aka Twitter would rip them to shreds.
I think it’s more that they are choosing a very specific type of “perfect” body if that makes sense. There’s a range of what someone very good looking in great shape can look like but it’s generally always the same types. Think of how a footballer and a rugby player look different despite being in great shape. Or a tennis player versus a yoga teacher. The show is escapism so they should be gorgeous IMO, but there could be a little more variety/diversity in various ways.

If they go back to using more people who had jobs beyond influencer you would go back to that variation. From the first few people announced, at least they have bios beyond influencer . Not sure which series, but one of the recent ones had so many where they had no job beyond "influencer".

Reactions: 6
Love thats there's a Sharon* going in. Honestly you hear Sharon from love island and that girls face does not pop up in your head

tenor-3.gif

*no offence to any sharons

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
So far I’m only interested in Kaz and Shannon. Really not fussed on the cast this year 🥴

Reactions: 2
Brad looks alright but 'lives with his nan' usually means he has everything done for him. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt though 😉

Reactions: 5
Not impressed so far but I say that every year and still get proper invested so we'll see 😂

Reactions: 2
The first cast are always the most boring, the ones that come in are the best! Excited to watch this year - this show is my guilty pleasure! 🥰

Reactions: 8
I’m impressed by how normal most of these islanders look. It is refreshing that they look like ordinary people. But I kind of feel like the brand is tainted now with what happened to Caroline, Sophie and Mike. Three suicides linked the one show is pretty horrific when you think about it, especially when Big Brother ran over a decade and nothing like that happened. I also really don’t Laura is the right host for it. She’s a happily married mum. Caroline was an unlucky in love singleton who could empathise with the contestants predicaments because of that. However I will still watch and no doubt become hooked.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
me and my husband love this but i really cant hack the fact it finishes so late 😂😂
Same I always have to avoid social media as I end up having to watch it on catch up because I can't keep my eyes open at night :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I’m disappointed that they’ve announced the cast already… I love the speculation and the reveal in the first episode

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.