Love Island 2022 #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Judging by Reddit, I don’t think it is just the Tattlers that want a change.

Look at the reaction to this comment, made by their official account: 😳 (also what a twaty thing for them to say….)

330A1E58-E9FA-4615-92E2-F14C959DC3CB.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Absolutely! I want to see ordinary people who are in there not for the PLT deals and insta fame. I want LI to be somewhere between First Dates Abroad and Big Brother.

Because I'm old I remember the first few series of BB, before reality TV (or social media) was a thing, and they were brilliant, a world away from all of this.
Totally agree- the era of reality TV we are currently in is merely a stepping stone to insta advertising and fast fashion brand ambassadors. Toxic behaviour was more accountable- ie the Shilpa racist bullying incident in BB when they were called about about it and public votes actually got rid of the least popular people.

Reactions: 13
Judging by Reddit, I don’t think it is just the Tattlers that want a change.

Look at the reaction to this comment, made by their official account: 😳 (also what a twaty thing for them to say….)

View attachment 1426485
Maybe it’s just me that doesn’t want change then 💁🏻‍♀️ But I’d watch it if it was another show.

Reactions: 1
I want Danica to let loose on some of these men. I think she has it in her to say some home truths.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
This is true actually. But then the media would probably slate a woman for leaving her kids at home while they’d say nothing about the man you know?

But yeh great point and that would be amazing if they’d include contestants like that
When Katy Price went on I’m A Celeb I remember that there was LOADS of stuff in the press about how irresponsible it was of her to leave her kids to go on a reality TV Show.

I remember nothing about the series, and I don’t particularly know much about her, but this has really stuck in my mind. I’ve just googled, and this was in 2009, and I was still at college…

Reactions: 3
Sorry not sure who mentioned it in the last thread but I was just saying to my bestie at the start of this series that Love Island has never had someone with a child / who’s been married before on it! Unless it’s been kept quiet or I’m remembering wrong!
First season did.

Reactions: 4
Can someone who understands such techs matters please make a montage of Laura Whitmore doing that annoying squat and arm flap as she shouts AFTERSUN.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
There has been a single mother on love island Australia before but non that I’m aware of on UK or USA.
Think back in s1 a og called Rachel (she didn't last very long was the first girl dumped I think) she was a single mum :) think her childs dad is David McIntosh

Reactions: 11
I don’t see that she threw herself at anyone. She had to couple up with someone and she chose the guys she knew would give herself more chance of staying in. She can be a massive cringe but I don’t think she’s embarrassed herself by way of literally trying to crack on with anyone who said they were not interested.
That’s fine agree to disagree 🤙🏻

They’ll never recapture the magic from the first few seasons because the show has just got too big. Everyone says they want “normal” people in there but who are these normal people? To sign up for the show you HAVE to want the exposure that comes after it because it’s unavoidable at this point - and most people don’t want that! I don’t necessarily think it’s the producers actively looking for people after boohoo deals and Instagram followers, I think it’s just that they’re the only people willing to tolerate having their life and actions scrutinised. The early seasons didnt throw people into the limelight like going on the show does now, those normal people from the first couple of series signed up to a very different experience.

Anyway, movie night…

Gemma has done absolutely nothing wrong but she needs to RUN from Luca. I’m glad she wants her parents approval before making anything official because I hope her parents will tell her his behaviour isn’t ok.

Don’t really know what to make of Davide and Ekin. I’m tempted to believe her re the Casa thing but I don’t think we’ll ever know for sure. I think they’ll stay together for the rest of the show cos they both know they’re in another league lol, but won’t stay together outside.

I like Indiyah but I’m really disappointed in her with Dami. He is awful and she’s letting him get away with it. All this “it takes two to tango” yes but Summer did nothing wrong? She had no loyalties and the whole point of being a casa girl/guy is to try and get into the main villa. Dami is a massive sleaze - I thought Indiyah deserved better but she’s made her own bed at this point.

Tasha and Andrew still just give me the ick

Reactions: 24
I’m just catching up and have got to the bit where Luca is kicking off at the table. Wtf is his problem? All it showed was Billy talking pretty much? I don’t understand what he’s angry with Gemma over? I’ll try and catch up with the thread 😅

Reactions: 9
When Katy Price went on I’m A Celeb I remember that there was LOADS of stuff in the press about how irresponsible it was of her to leave her kids to go on a reality TV Show.

I remember nothing about the series, and I don’t particularly know much about her, but this has really stuck in my mind. I’ve just googled, and this was in 2009, and I was still at college…
Yeah exactly but they’d say nothing about the man 🤣 double standards to the max. I have just remember kim from love island australia had a little boy and there was no media about her leaving her child but the press in Oz is a lot kinder than the brutal uk media lol

Reactions: 4
I’m just catching up and have got to the bit where Luca is kicking off at the table. Wtf is his problem? All it showed was Billy talking pretty much? I don’t understand what he’s angry with Gemma over? I’ll try and catch up with the thread 😅
I was so confused at Luca's reaction to that clip, I am seriously starting to wonder if the islanders were shown something that didn't make the edit?! Because the reaction just made no sense whatsoever.

Reactions: 12
There should be an option on the favourite couples poll for “none of them” 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
It might have showed the clip where gemma said to someone that her and Billy have had a few flirty conversations ?

I have voted for Tasha and Andrew in the poll and will now (unless an Ovie level bombshell comes in) be voting for Tasha and Andrew to win. The simple reason is that if they win £25k goes to charity, and literally none of these utter bellends (the “men”) deserve to win and have the accolade, and voting Tasha results in some good.

Reactions: 31
I see the producers told Adam to talk to Davide. Not sure if I'm happy about it after last night's episode.

Reactions: 7
Danicas class in my opinion. She’s become a lot more likeable. You’re in there too make effort, try get to know people which she did. The boys reasoning for saving her over Antigoni was justified, Danica makes an effort to form connections. It’s not her fault the men are pieces of tit this year, the way Luca treated her initially was vile.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.