Love is Blind - Netflix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't understand why they've split this season up the way they have
I gathered it was a trial of a compromise between weekly episodes and the whole season dropping at once. So people can still binge multiple episodes but there are gaps to allow suspense to build, word of mouth to spread etc.

From a marketing pov it seems to have worked. This season has been so comparatively poor, if it had all dropped at once it might have sunk rather quickly.

Reactions: 16
Just dipping into this thread as a newbie and have to say that my eyes have been opened to a lot of things! I knew something was off about Shayne but my innocent little brain didn’t even think about the fact he was most likely on drugs 🤦‍♀️

I loved the first season of LIB (guilty pleasure… no shame!) so was super excited for this season. I was a bit disappointed to be honest, it didn’t have that same feeling as S1 and I felt like they were almost trying to repeat storylines, i.e.: the bitchy blonde hung up on age (Lauren/Shaina), the love triangle (Barnett, Amber & Lauren/Shayne, Natalie & Shaina and Jarrett, Iyanna & Mal), the less drama filled couple (Cam & Lauren/Nick & Danielle) etc.

My take on the couples are as follows though:
• Nick & Danielle: They were cute together, and I sympathised with Danielle a lot as I’ve had similar experiences with weight issues/loss myself. However, I think she has some growing up to do, and Nick has his own issues he needs to sort through too (namely a mum who showed zero emotion besides indifference!) I honestly thought he was going to say no at the altar… glad he didn’t though as I was rooting for them.

• Shayne & Natalie: I thought they were both going to say yes, but glad Natalie went the other way. I grew to like Shayne after he shut Shaina down at the beach party, and I was surprised at how honest he was in telling Natalie what was said. However, she deserves much, much more. I loved her dry sense of humour, and let’s be honest, her dad was the real MVP. What an amazing man he was.

• Sal & Mal: Yeah, I called this one. Sal gave me the creeps, and as others have mentioned, he was too much of a perfect ‘nice guy’. I got weird vibes though when it was mentioned that he had been seeing some girl before the Pods, and Mal was understandably annoyed. However, Mal was dishonest from the get go. She didn’t find him attractive - there was no spark - and she would’ve clearly gone for Jarrett if she had her time again. Sal’s singing got on my tits too.

• Shakes & Deepti: There are no words for that man. Oh wait… shallow and narcissistic? He didn’t deserve her at all, and I’m so glad she said no. Along with Natalie’s dad though, Shakes’ mum was an absolute queen with what she said about Deeps, and she was right. Deepti deserves so much better, and I hope she finds that! She was just such a genuinely nice woman.

• Jarrett & Iyanna: I was surprised by their outcome. I honestly thought one of them would say no as she seems dead set on further education and a career, and he wants to party with the boys but then have a family? They seemed it two different places in life. I also personally couldn’t get over the feeling of being second choice for him. Regardless, I hope it works for them as they did have a connection. Jarrett’s dad was so sweet too.

All in all, the parents saved this series really. Natalie’s dad, Shakes’ mum and Jarrett’s dad… I’d watch just for them! :D

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Shayne seemed to have some kind of disability in his leg - like a dystrophy. His right ankle turns over.

He’s got major unresolved trauma issues imo. Red flags!

Do we know why Jarrett’ was stabbed? He implied it was a friend I think.

Reactions: 3
What time is the reunion out? I was planning a lazy morning in bed because I’m feeling a bit blurgh and was hoping this would be just what I needed.

Reactions: 1
It’s already out
urgh! For some reason it won’t play for me

Oh I’ve got it. I’m going in

30mins in and Shake thinks he’s coming across well and ‘real’ but my word he is coming across as the biggest dick ever. I’m cringing at how bad he sounds

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Can someone make shake sit outside in the carpark

Nicks face when he said the only person he was attracted to in the room was Vanessa 💀💀💀💀

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
I really want the three others on the sofa with him to get up and move to another seat. He’s vile. (Shake)

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I’m about half way through. I can’t stand it 😭 So proud of Deeps for seeing through it.
Fair play to the rest of them, whatever their issues with each other, they are united with how they feel about him. Love hearing their constructive and helpful advice to Shake. He doesn’t deserve their eloquence.

Reactions: 12
fair play to the hosts! although when vanessa was telling shake there are reality shows where they match based on looks, they missed an opportunity to tell him he could never get onto one of those shows 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Erghh Shake has far to much to say for himself hes vile! Poor Deeps absolutely deserves someone who loves her for her, hes so shallow!

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.