Louise Pentland #8 #mumlife, crap 'wife', content free in covid strife.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That story she uploaded about Liam buying her book and a paint mixer at the same time. God forbid the man buys multiple items. The 'biggest day of my year' comment was what did it for me. Rather than focus on the fact he bought her book when she probably has 50 million copies lying around her house anyway she seemed miffed he bought a mixer too. 🤣 its the chocolates all over again.
I cant see her sister taking this very well. It must be awful knowing her own mum did that to her sister without it now being constantly spoken about so publicly.
she got engaged this year too. I hope she was joking!

Reactions: 7
I've followed Louise since she was pregnant with Darcey. I know this isnt a rave thread but I do quite enjoy her.

Years ago (Darcey was only a baby I think) she had made a very emotional video that she soon deleted about the abuse from her step mum. In the video she explain that she respected her sisters relationship with her mum has Tiyana had not recieved any abuse and Louise knew how it felt to not have a mum. They both respected each others feelings. I respected her for that and I think I would react the same. I would like for my sister to have a relationship with her mum if she hasnt received the abuse as long as my sister respected and believed me I dont understand why she shouldnt. I'm sure its complicated thought and tough to navigate.

Reactions: 22
Why didn’t she just call it a biography? Because people are going to pick it up thinking it’s a straight forward parenting book

I think her dad was clearly cheating on her mum, or maybe they were even separated when she passed away, because no one would introduce someone that early otherwise
I've read stories of partners separating when one is diagnosed with severe disability or terminal illness so they can get government payments if their partner makes too much, but I've never read that they've moved on, they're still by the others side as long as possible. So I'm on the side that he cheated, which is awful to think of someone, but a few pages ago someone said she may have been a secretary or business partner so who knows what happened. There's a lot of possible scenarios, and nearly all of them make her dad look pretty bad

Reactions: 9
I am very uncomfortable with the idea of her sharing details of her abuse in a book that she is promoting with a title that is put across in the way Mumslife !! Is With flowers and a picture of her children. It doesn’t sit well with me.
I agree, it’s a book with photos of her daughters on the front and a colourful cover and titled “mum life”. If someone just picked this up from a supermarket - as someone who doesn’t know Louise or recognised her but hasn’t been following recently - I think they’d have a completely different read to what the title entails. Also I’m not sure how an abusive step mother and “mum life” have in common. I can see a very loose tie between them but it’s really an odd title to choose when that’s the content.

Reactions: 12
That's such a good point- I hadn't thought about unsuspecting and well meaning friends/relatives buying it for new Mums thinking it is like the many other 'fluffy' parenting books. I'd be mortified if I'd bought it as a baby shower gift without realising how heavy it is!

I must say, the video this morning was very moving. Feels like that's the most raw and real we've seen Louise for years.

Reactions: 14
Listening to her book in audible. Currently in chapter if her talking about her abuse. My heart hurts for her so much and the child she was. I completely believe her and cannot image she would ever come out publicly if it wasnt true. Wow. I understand her resentment to her dad now. Jesus.

Reactions: 18
Listening to her book in audible. Currently in chapter if her talking about her abuse. My heart hurts for her so much and the child she was. I completely believe her and cannot image she would ever come out publicly if it wasnt true. Wow. I understand her resentment to her dad now. Jesus.
Hey would you be willing to share some of that part of the book for the people who don't currently have it?

Reactions: 4
It's pretty harrowing.

Mental abuse - mum called a bleep, louise called lazy and dirty, not allowed a bra or to shave legs, isolated from family, made to do degrading tasks.

Physical abuse - slapped, kicked, spat at, dragged and smothered.

I'm listening to it- she comes across well. It would be a good read if she could get over the 'lol' 'heh- heh-heh' 'yanno' ticks.

I'm liking her more than I have in years. This feels vulnerable and real and true. Bowing out of the thread now because I feel she's been brave and if she keeps her word about keeping her kids off screen then I have nothing else to say.

Side note: Matt is an a-grade hole for casually telling her that he was introducing Devon to Darcy 'that afternoon' - If he knew even a snippet of the info she has shared in this book then that was a pretty sadistic way to punish Louise - I hope he gets no more praise on this thread.

• Sad
Reactions: 46
He sprung it on her, sounds like he gave her no warning and just dictated that they would be meeting later in the day with no build up/ prior discussion.
why should Louise needto discuss it with him though it’s his business

he probably knew it would be hard and dreaded it so tried to do it as casually and naturally as possible

he doesn’t seem like a nasty person, Louise was going to be scared about it whether it was that afternoon or in years fime

*time

• Sick
Reactions: 3
I do have a lot of respect for Louise for speaking up about her abuse, and I'm glad that her dad read the book before it was released and that they have been to therapy together. Yes, she probably shouldn't make the comments she does about him online, but I think that's just unfortunate that she has a big platform because anyone who had been through what she had would also make negative comments about their dad still, it just wouldn't all be so public like her life is. Like I don't blame her for still having some resentment towards him, it's more just unfortunate that she shares it to so many people.

If only she'd actually keep Darcy and Pearl out of paid ads and mostly off the internet, and gave up some of the 'trying to be funny' bits like the 'ooer' thing etc and kept it more real, I might actually enjoy watching her.

Reactions: 11
why should Louise needto discuss it with him though it’s his business

he probably knew it would be hard and dreaded it so tried to do it as casually and naturally as possible

he doesn’t seem like a nasty person, Louise was going to be scared about it whether it was that afternoon or in years fime

*time
considering what she went through though, which I’m sure Matt must’ve known some of given they were married, the decent thing would’ve been to allow more notice than the day of. She would still have been anxious but Louise comes across as someone who likes to feel in control and I can imagine she’d be more than a little upset finding out that day. Maybe it wasn’t malicious on Matt’s part but it was a pretty big error of judegment

Reactions: 17
considering what she went through though, which I’m sure Matt must’ve known some of given they were married, the decent thing would’ve been to allow more notice than the day of. She would still have been anxious but Louise comes across as someone who likes to feel in control and I can imagine she’d be more than a little upset finding out that day. Maybe it wasn’t malicious on Matt’s part but it was a pretty big error of judegment
I think there could have been a more tasteful way of letting Louise know and giving her a proper heads up

Reactions: 6
I’m sure Matt would’ve known about her past and didn’t think to be respectful towards this when introducing Darcy and Devon. He could’ve given Louise advance warning, asked her about if she thinks the time is right, and allowed her to meet Devon before Darcy did to put her mind at ease. Could’ve been more thoughtful in the way he went about it for sure.

Reactions: 13
What strikes me about what Matt did, introducing Darcy to Devon... yes he should've told Louise, yes she has the right to have prior notice but all it shows is that Darcy's feelings weren't considered either 'cos to spring that on a little girl isn't very considerate. And it's like he robbed Louise of helping Darcy prepare for it, something which she herself would have wanted all those years ago when it was her own dad, too. Ouch.

Reactions: 35
He sprung it on her, sounds like he gave her no warning and just dictated that they would be meeting later in the day with no build up/ prior discussion.
My ex didn't even bother telling me he was planning to introduce our daughter who was 2 at the time to his current girlfriend. I only found out when she told me when she got home that weekend that 'daddys friend Laura took me out in her car' I was furious. It upset me beyond belief. When I confronted him he told me what he did with HIS daughter and girlfriend was none of my business. This was 10 years ago and it still gives me a pang of anger when I think about it. So I am with Louise on that one. However I wouldnt write about it in a book.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Has Mrs hinch done a publication day shout out? I mean she loves it so much she’s on the front cover right

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.