Louise Pentland #8 #mumlife, crap 'wife', content free in covid strife.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't believe she included the hideous condom/morning after pill story. For a book that she said is for her daughters to read when they grow up.

I'm just about to get to the abuse chapter now. So far I've been enjoying the book somewhat but it's been mostly a retelling of things we've already heard a lot before, like Darcy and Pearl's births. Which I knew to expect because its called mum life. I did find the part about her mum's death to be really upsetting. I'm listening to it on audible so to hear her crying made me sad.

Also, just wanted to point out that people are saying it's bad that he sprung the devon meeting darcy thing. Louise says that Liam was driving past one day and said he'd like to call in and she said yes he could come round and Darcy was there. So there was no preparing Darcy for that or consulting with Matt. So it goes both ways. Just saying.

• Wow
Reactions: 27
This is super off topic but in that video she said she was 35 and I swear she’s been saying she’s 35 for about 4 years now, has anyone else noticed this? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
This is super off topic but in that video she said she was 35 and I swear she’s been saying she’s 35 for about 4 years now, has anyone else noticed this? 😂
No, she has the same birthday as me and has always said she's the age I am when I've been that age lol.

Reactions: 2
American man who took her ice skating - I think x
you’re right it was. He had a girlfriend who he was on and off with the whole time so he was basically shagging Louise on the side though, none of her friends liked him and thought he was bad for her!

does anyone remember when she dated Louis’ friend Dave too? He was teaching her to dance and they hung out with Zalfie together in Brighton one time

No, she has the same birthday as me and has always said she's the age I am when I've been that age lol.
I remember an old video where she admitted to lying about her age when she was in the Brit crew so thought I’d check if anyone else noticed lmao

Anyone who’s read the new book, what are the intimate sex details she says?

I can't believe she included the hideous condom/morning after pill story. For a book that she said is for her daughters to read when they grow up.

I'm just about to get to the abuse chapter now. So far I've been enjoying the book somewhat but it's been mostly a retelling of things we've already heard a lot before, like Darcy and Pearl's births. Which I knew to expect because its called mum life. I did find the part about her mum's death to be really upsetting. I'm listening to it on audible so to hear her crying made me sad.

Also, just wanted to point out that people are saying it's bad that he sprung the devon meeting darcy thing. Louise says that Liam was driving past one day and said he'd like to call in and she said yes he could come round and Darcy was there. So there was no preparing Darcy for that or consulting with Matt. So it goes both ways. Just saying.
It does go both ways, and it is petty that she did it back. Still, having been in the position to have no say in my ex husband introducing and moving in with his 'alleged' affair partner, I still think he is worse starting things off like that.

He did it first, and she obviously is more sensitive to it having been introduced to the new woman in her dad's life 5 days after her mums death. That is a really crappy thing to do anyway, let alone with that kind of history.

Reactions: 6
Finished the book! Honestly taking into account her three fiction books that I’ve also read this is definitely her best. I found the first half more interesting than the second, probably because the writing about her mum was genuinely beautifully done. The way she described her parents picking her up from school early after her mum got her cancer diagnosis, and her little 7 year old self being really concerned that they had parked in the teachers parking spot rather than taking in the full gravity of the situation was just 🥺.

Truthfully this book works far better as a personal memoir than like a guide to motherhood. I found the actual content much more interesting than the ‘tips’. Especially because they were either fairly generic or hyper specific to her own situation. The dating sections as others have said was mostly rehashes of stories she’s told on her channel. I found the Drew stuff pretty interesting. She literally describes the week she spent with him in NYC as ‘one of the best of her life’. He really spoiled her too booking her a spa day for her birthday, and a fancy dinner in a train themed restaurant (she loves trains apparently) and then whisking her off her a moonlight horsedrawn carriage ride. And of course with Louise’s background being made to feel special and important would be particularly enamouring to her. Yet he refused to commit to her. And she basically got strung along in that non-relationship for two years! The way she described him I don’t think she ever truly got over him and will probably always hold abit of a candle for him. Liam comes across as kind and decent and dependable but probably not an exciting grand romantic gestures type of guy.

All in all if you’ve been following Louise for atleast the last couple of years most of the anecdotes you’ll have heard before. It was mostly the childhood segments that were new and I felt they were nicely written. None of it felt salacious or in bad taste. Super interesting that in the section when she wrote about the women she admired and/or helped her on her journey she didn’t mention Zoe at all. Even Carrie Hope Fletcher got a random mention. I guess their friendship is well and truly dead. It’s a shame seeing as they genuinely were very close and Zoe was definitely a big part of her career like it or not. Plus she was always so close with Darcy.

Reactions: 22
It might be because I'm tired, but as someone who has lost a parent when I was very young, I did cry when she was saying all the things her mother didn't get to see. It really hit home.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
She didn't mention the broken ribs during the abuse chapter. I'm wondering if she wasn't able to say this for some kind of legal reason or something? She mentions having her chest pushed but not broken ribs.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Does she say anything about what her dad said to ‘Sandra’ after he found out about the abuse?

Reactions: 1
She's got a point though, if someone is too dumb to understand the very basic rules and see the word "Ad" yet feels the need to reply about it, they deserve a sarcy response. That's their problem, not Louise's (or any other influencer who does the exact same thing). I love her sassy replies 😂

Reactions: 10
She's got a point though, if someone is too dumb to understand the very basic rules and see the word "Ad" yet feels the need to reply about it, they deserve a sarcy response. That's their problem, not Louise's (or any other influencer who does the exact same thing). I love her sassy replies 😂
But instead of doing #AD or AD she tries to make it blend into the text. Also that particular reply is untrue, she isn't ITV 🙄. She is creative behind the advert, she gets to choose how to present it. So people would complain to her, just like they would complain to Walkers about the tone/execution of the ad. Plus, her followers are the customers, who else is she selling too 😂😂 very misinformed reply on her part and she looks so unprofessional and aggressive. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 20
But instead of doing #AD or AD she tries to make it blend into the text. Also that particular reply is untrue, she isn't ITV 🙄. She is creative behind the advert, she gets to choose how to present it. So people would complain to her, just like they would complain to Walkers about the tone/execution of the ad. Plus, her followers are the customers, who else is she selling too 😂😂 very misinformed reply on her part and she looks so unprofessional and aggressive. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
YOu should reply this to her response ha though I think you'd be DM'd and offered the role of #AD overseer ;)

I wouldnt call it sassy I’d call it unnecessarily aggressive, yes she is marking ads as per the guidelines and I have no doubt that having endless messages about marking adverts consistently/clearly gets annoying - but if she’s Getting comments saying ‘why haven’t you marked this as an ad’ when she has, why bother with the whole ‘YOU need to manage social media better’ - surely it reflects on HER as the advertiser and HER execution of it? Surely you’d look at it as, ‘hmm, clearly the way I mark adverts isn’t clear enough’. But no. It’s not louise’s fault, it’s everyone else’s. And if she posts adverts all over her Instagram, YouTube et al - but those followers AREN’T her customers - who the hell is she advertising things to?

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.