Louise Pentland #8 #mumlife, crap 'wife', content free in covid strife.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone already did! 😂😂 hope they are prepared for the angry DM!
I'd be interested in seeing the person's response if you're able to post it here, as well as any subsequent response from Louise!

This is where she loses people's sympathy/goodwill - by being unnecessarily rude.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I'd be interested in seeing the person's response if you're able to post it here, as well as any subsequent response from Louise!

This is where she loses people's sympathy/goodwill - by being unnecessarily rude.
No response from Louise

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I think the book has been missold. Its a memoir of her life, in which she is a mother. It focuses more on herself than motherhood.

Also, she truly does not understand the concept of showing and not telling. At one point she literally writes *I'm saying this in a sarcastic tone of voice* for gods sake. In her video she said this book was aimed at adults but she writes for a child's intellect.

Reactions: 16
From what I’ve read it is definitely more of a misery memoir than a book around any description of motherhood. Would be mortified if I bought this for a friend at a baby shower. It’s more like Louise’s life story, which a portion of is motherhood but nothing to do with the concept of motherhood overall. Wonder how her team allowed it to be published and promoted as a book about motherhood, when really it’s just a life story of Louise. More than half of which I knew from her ‘draw my life’ video. Maybe she’s surrounded by too many ‘yes people’? Not sure. Also feel bad for Darcy about how much detail Louise went into over her birth, those details are out there forever. If it’s not bad how much Louise exploits her now, she’s now sold the story of Darcy before she was even born. A bit too uncomfy for me ngl

Edit: not to mention how overly familiar her book is with her audience. Saying aloha, talking about diet cokes, oldie but goldies and the rest of her sickly gimmick. Would be well confused if I purchased this and had no idea wtf she was

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
She mentions the "naysayers on the Internet" who have called her lazy and a part time mum. Obviously a reference to this site 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Finished the book! Honestly taking into account her three fiction books that I’ve also read this is definitely her best. I found the first half more interesting than the second, probably because the writing about her mum was genuinely beautifully done. The way she described her parents picking her up from school early after her mum got her cancer diagnosis, and her little 7 year old self being really concerned that they had parked in the teachers parking spot rather than taking in the full gravity of the situation was just 🥺.

Truthfully this book works far better as a personal memoir than like a guide to motherhood. I found the actual content much more interesting than the ‘tips’. Especially because they were either fairly generic or hyper specific to her own situation. The dating sections as others have said was mostly rehashes of stories she’s told on her channel. I found the Drew stuff pretty interesting. She literally describes the week she spent with him in NYC as ‘one of the best of her life’. He really spoiled her too booking her a spa day for her birthday, and a fancy dinner in a train themed restaurant (she loves trains apparently) and then whisking her off her a moonlight horsedrawn carriage ride. And of course with Louise’s background being made to feel special and important would be particularly enamouring to her. Yet he refused to commit to her. And she basically got strung along in that non-relationship for two years! The way she described him I don’t think she ever truly got over him and will probably always hold abit of a candle for him. Liam comes across as kind and decent and dependable but probably not an exciting grand romantic gestures type of guy.

All in all if you’ve been following Louise for atleast the last couple of years most of the anecdotes you’ll have heard before. It was mostly the childhood segments that were new and I felt they were nicely written. None of it felt salacious or in bad taste. Super interesting that in the section when she wrote about the women she admired and/or helped her on her journey she didn’t mention Zoe at all. Even Carrie Hope Fletcher got a random mention. I guess their friendship is well and truly dead. It’s a shame seeing as they genuinely were very close and Zoe was definitely a big part of her career like it or not. Plus she was always so close with Darcy.
Interestingly doesn’t she include a character in her fiction books who swept the main character up in romantic gestures takes her fantastic places but refuses to commit to her and turns out to have someone else??

Reactions: 6
She didn't mention the broken ribs during the abuse chapter. I'm wondering if she wasn't able to say this for some kind of legal reason or something? She mentions having her chest pushed but not broken ribs.
Probably because damage to bones can be seen on xrays and for legal reasons she cannot make specific references that could lead to a court case.

Reactions: 4
She mentions the "naysayers on the Internet" who have called her lazy and a part time mum. Obviously a reference to this site 😂
I don’t think it is here, actually, I’ve got a funny feeling that’s GG. I mean I know it’s essentially the same thing. I only say that because one of Louise’s threads called her a part time parent, I would know as I chose that title 😂 and another referred to her as Lazy Lady Louise. That said I’m not sure GG is as popular as tattle is these days so 🤷🏻‍♀️. It does surprise me though regardless because as egocentric as louise is I didn’t think she’d be the type to seek out hate about herself - look at the way she chooses to handle criticism now ffs - and it’s not as if any of us actively say this to her face on her socials - but she must do!

Reactions: 9
Ha ha her number one on Amazon books is half bloody price...surely that's not a good sign on the second day of publication??!!... She even showed the Amazon page on her insta while bragging it was number one😂😂

Reactions: 6
During the end credits on the audiobook she says this is the first of her books she's had someone writing it with her. She never mentioned that in any of her posts where she was making herself out to be a fully fledged author.

She said she spent hours on the phone to someone called Lucy who she told the story to and then Lucy would type it up and then louise would add bits in.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
During the end credits on the audiobook she says this is the first of her books she's had someone writing it with her. She never mentioned that in any of her posts where she was making herself out to be a fully fledged author.

She said she spent hours on the phone to someone called Lucy who she told the story to and then Lucy would type it up and then louise would add bits in.
Ahhh this makes a lot of sense. As others have mentioned the book is written quite simply and at times far too literally for what you’d expect from a book aimed at adults. However it was a still a solidly written book, the writing flowed and there were some beautifully put together sections (mostly about her mum). Certain sentences made me wonder if it had been partially ghostwritten as it was definitely more skilful than past books.

Reactions: 11

Hasn’t she always thrown shade at those that have had help writing their books? always crowing about how she writes her own. Not once in the lead up to publication has she mentioned a ghost writer.

Reactions: 13
To be fair, Louise has put across all social media / articles / interviews that the book is not as fluffy as she originally set out for it to be, and that abuse is a heavy feature. I agree about Hinchy’s comment though. Bit misleading!
Just going off what a lot of people have said, the branding of this book seems really off. I understand the finished work deviated from the original pitch but why wouldn't you change the title/cover, etc to better fit the theme? That's obviously not Louise's fault but that's definitely a misstep on the part of her publisher.

Reactions: 9
Totally agree it sounds like the Louise life show book.. I will not buy or read... I got one of her s hit books on bookbub.com for 99p. Didn't finish it , was such poor writing and I like Chic lit easy reading feel good to chill out forget work novels . It just annoyed me. I was a fan introduced by the 16 yr old who got into her Zoella JimChapman etc... cannot believe the chan ge... From stay at home mum , down to earth, now rude, greedy ( does NOT need to keep earning more and more... Her prior earnings plus Liam Det Sergeant salary a luxury for most people) but no she wants fame, be TV presenter. Nothing wrong obviously for career ambition but when you change as a personally so much in the wrong side tion... What a waste. it
She could have progressed or diversified without the greed and using her girls. I have to keep my opinions to here cos daughters 20ish still loves her. The tit £40 quid SimplyBe denim jacket she bought with sewn on plastic shapes.. Worn ONCE ... She tried to sell it online... Ended up in the charity shop!!! Can you tell I am still up in the only room below 26 degrees ??!!!... My bedroom faced the sun all day... 3 fans on in front of iced water still 28 degrees😫😫😫😫

Also people who have read it does it have useful mum tips ... ??? Wondering if any cooking tips for family friendly meals, tips to wean a 2.5 yr old of a dummy , keeping toddler active in the garden e.g. Games you could play!!! deal with usual toddler behaviours.... Transition as a mum to junior age child ... Letting them be morevindependent!!! e.g. darcey.... Bloody pink n bows!!! 😝😝😝😂😂😁

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Also people who have read it does it have useful mum tips ... ??? Wondering if any cooking tips for family friendly meals, tips to wean a 2.5 yr old of a dummy , keeping toddler active in the garden e.g. Games you could play!!! deal with usual toddler behaviours.... Transition as a mum to junior age child ... Letting them be morevindependent!!! e.g. darcey.... Bloody pink n bows!!! 😝😝😝😂😂😁
it won't have any tips like that, not unless the nanny wrote them for her lol

Reactions: 7
Totally agree it sounds like the Louise life show book.. I will not buy or read... I got one of her s hit books on bookbub.com for 99p. Didn't finish it , was such poor writing and I like Chic lit easy reading feel good to chill out forget work novels . It just annoyed me. I was a fan introduced by the 16 yr old who got into her Zoella JimChapman etc... cannot believe the chan ge... From stay at home mum , down to earth, now rude, greedy ( does NOT need to keep earning more and more... Her prior earnings plus Liam Det Sergeant salary a luxury for most people) but no she wants fame, be TV presenter. Nothing wrong obviously for career ambition but when you change as a personally so much in the wrong side tion... What a waste. it
She could have progressed or diversified without the greed and using her girls. I have to keep my opinions to here cos daughters 20ish still loves her. The tit £40 quid SimplyBe denim jacket she bought with sewn on plastic shapes.. Worn ONCE ... She tried to sell it online... Ended up in the charity shop!!! Can you tell I am still up in the only room below 26 degrees ??!!!... My bedroom faced the sun all day... 3 fans on in front of iced water still 28 degrees😫😫😫😫

One of the repeated tips is genuinely: pay for a nanny or cleaner if you can.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.