Louise Pentland #7 another shareable, cooking is terrible, hashtag captions #unbearable

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Darcy is not a naturally motivated academic so it has been challenging to do the homeschooling"
Well, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Based on what she's said about Mr Slop, she was not intrinsically motivated herself, so the fact that she still received a good education is mostly due to her dad's motivating influence & money. I'm not saying that putting a lot of pressure on children to perform well is the right way, but just giving homeschooling a miss whenever they don't feel like it isn't the right way either.

Reactions: 18
I think she’s the type to throw in the towel as soon as Darcy moans about homeschooling. It shouldn’t be on Darcy to be motivated at the age of nine, she’s nine. It should be on louise to help her through it and imo it’s louise who isn’t motivated to be academic and put in the effort to help her.

Reactions: 14
"Darcy is not a naturally motivated academic so it has been challenging to do the homeschooling"
Well, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Based on what she's said about Mr Slop, she was not intrinsically motivated herself, so the fact that she still received a good education is mostly due to her dad's motivating influence & money. I'm not saying that putting a lot of pressure on children to perform well is the right way, but just giving homeschooling a miss whenever they don't feel like it isn't the right way either.
I'm not naturally motivated to tidy my house on my days off working unfortunately I need to do it so I get a bleeping grip and carry on with it. You cant teach your children that because they're not motivated to do something, that's ok we can just take a break. Homeschool your bloody kid you lazy cow. Dont allow a 9 year old to dictate the level of schooling they get, you're a parent, act like it.

Reactions: 11
Semi dumped her? Did she ever elaborate on that? And wait.... She high fived Liam after he proposed??? 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

• Sick
Reactions: 8
She really only enjoys parenting when she can go shopping or soft play doesn’t she!!! Moans the whole lockdown about how hard her kids are - as soon as she can walk around a mall she’s there with her insta perfect pictures and videos

Reactions: 9
Semi dumped her? Did she ever elaborate on that? And wait.... She high fived Liam after he proposed??? 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
I don't think she did, but if I remember correctly, they got together very shortly after Liam's divorce, so maybe Miss High-Maintenance was just a bit too much for him at that point? (Just spectulating.) Either way, this as well as some other things lead me to assume that it's not really the one true love but that they both settled for each other

Reactions: 5
Is it just me who found her caption on that instagram post quite telling? Gorgeous photo of Pearl covered in chocolate biscuits. Caption, “ah its easy to let it slide when they’re this cute” so her first instinct is to tell her off...? for eating chocolate biscuits...? (Or at least implying it would’ve been if she was a bit older) - just me thinking WTF? Why is she so possessive around food!

Reactions: 12
Is it just me who found her caption on that instagram post quite telling? Gorgeous photo of Pearl covered in chocolate biscuits. Caption, “ah its easy to let it slide when they’re this cute” so her first instinct is to tell her off...? for eating chocolate biscuits...? (Or at least implying it would’ve been if she was a bit older) - just me thinking WTF? Why is she so possessive around food!
she specifically said they were hers too- not for the entire family- "mummys chocolate biscuits" :confused:

Yeah I swear who has their own biscuits in a house rather than sharing unless someone is on a diet or something and to remove temptation??!!!

Yeah I swear who has their own biscuits in a house rather than sharing unless someone is on a diet or something and to remove temptation??!!!
Someone who relies on food for emotional comfort and needs to know the food is there and hasn’t been eaten by someone else. Louise defo has issues around food and emotions.

Reactions: 15
Someone who relies on food for emotional comfort and needs to know the food is there and hasn’t been eaten by someone else. Louise defo has issues around food and emotions.
[/QUOTE

does make sense, I genuinely never thought of that!! Do we think that’s why she’s always eating chocolate, or carby rich foods like Philadelphia pasta... comfort foods
oopsdont know how that happened it combined the response

It’s sad that she’s like that with her own kid. Pearl wouldn’t have understood even if Louise was keeping food for herself. I mean I think it's batshit to be so possessive over food but if she'd said to Liam, 'oh I really want those minstrels after dinner' at least he's capable of understanding they're hers/she may want them. Whereas Pearl wouldn't, and tbh I think food shouldn't be locked away for a kid of her age anyway. Moderated yeah but not all segregated, 'this is mummy's food, this is yours'. :( the point you make @PinkBogeyBreath - very interesting, it's like the penny has dropped for me. I wonder if there's an element of control as well (if it links to emotional comfort)...

It’s definitely linked to wanting control, but Louise might not realise/acknowledge it. I really hope the therapy she mentioned briefly was successful and she’s still doing it. As much as I rant about her I do genuinely think she’s a nice person behind the Lady Louise facade (albeit a bit snobby and lazy but I’ve been working from home in my soft office - she’s got the right idea)

Reactions: 7
I like Louise, and I feel sorry for her. As much as she promotes body positivity, her weight clearly bothers her and that shows in how she holds herself and the things she says sometimes. She clearly does have a problem with emotional eating, many people do, and I understand her not wanting to admit that as it is embarrassing. As somebody who has previously struggled with that too, I get it.

yes, she should do something about it, but it’s definitely easier said than done. I think it would have been hard for her growing up and creating content alongside Zoe and all of these other ‘beautiful, thin people.’ That has to have an impact on somebody’s confidence.

like the previous poster said, I also think she’s a nice person. I agree, a little lazy, but probably one of the nicer and more real of the Gleam bunch.

Reactions: 8
Think her hair looks so nice wavy and natural, can’t believe she usually gets a blow dry and all the natural waves are gone

Reactions: 10
Hmm. Well forgive me but if someone from a lower wage and say living in a council house was exploiting and using thier children to gain money it would be a very different story, seems like put, wealth, status, 'influencer' and followers in the mix and seems more legit doesn't it? She's not a young adult anymore, so why people feel the need to defend this brat is beyond me, she's very much older now so you would of thought matured in some way, unfortunately not, if Louise does have issues or mentally struggling she's not going to be waiting months on end is she for a phone call back from the NHS, I read a story not that long ago of a woman suffering from pd, her husband tried to help and get her the correct support she tragically took her own life and the day before her funeral the husband gets a phone call back from the hospital. Now that is suffering right there. And it's more common than you think, I for one don't feel sorry for Louise,and don't think she's this wonderful 'good egg', She's arrogant, stuck up, boring and uncharitable.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.