Louise Pentland #3 It’s a no from the BBC & the book didn't make the top 3!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was John Humphrys when she was on “Celebrity” Mastermind, to be fair, I’m not gonna criticise her for how she dealt with that, it was a perfectly reasonable response to a rude and personal question. Although, given he is a BBC employee earning over £150k pa his salary is actually a matter of public record.
I get that. I just think that she could have been a little less arsey. She could have said 'arr I could tell you.. but I'd have to kill you ha ha ha'. She was just so rude and I actually think its an ok question to ask somebody who has basically won the lottery! No wonder he is intrigued. How are these 20 something idiots becoming millionaires doing nothing! I can just imagine her being very difficult to work with and unless you are at the top of your game in the tv world then you really do have smile and fake your way to the top. Its a horrible industry to be in and one that she is desperate to crack but isn't cut out for it imo.

Reactions: 1
Don’t get why it’s such a big deal! who gives a tit what their salary is!
if we wanna know the salary for a nurse, or firefighter or checkout operator we can look it up online... it’s not like he asked her what size knickers she wears!
these youtubers are weirdos about money!

Reactions: 7
Did anyone else take offence when Louise mentioned in her most recent Q&A that she no longer goes to church because she doesn’t agree with Christian opinions on same sex marriage, children out of wedlock etc? As a very liberal Christian myself I have no issue with and indeed embrace same sex marriage (love is love in my opinion), and I have no issue either with people having kids without being married. I feel like she has kind of tarred all Christians with the same brush/opinions of only some people. It certainly doesn’t reflect my outlook or indeed my church congregation’s outlook either.

Reactions: 12
I don't understand why she wants to break into traditional media anyway, I think all her success lies in the digital world and trying to break out into tv is a dead idea before it's begun. I know as a twenty something I very rarely watch telly and prefer to use youtube/netflix - and that's without asking, what would she do on tv? Assuming she wants to get into presenting or head her own tv show, any time I've seen her on telly she has been really awkward. Plenty of big name television presenters she'd have to compete with as well, I just can't see her TV endeavours being as successful as YouTube has been for her (even if her youtube career is dying)

Reactions: 6
Did anyone else take offence when Louise mentioned in her most recent Q&A that she no longer goes to church because she doesn’t agree with Christian opinions on same sex marriage, children out of wedlock etc? As a very liberal Christian myself I have no issue with and indeed embrace same sex marriage (love is love in my opinion), and I have no issue either with people having kids without being married. I feel like she has kind of tarred all Christians with the same brush/opinions of only some people. It certainly doesn’t reflect my outlook or indeed my church congregation’s outlook either.
Yes, certain forms of Christianity certainly have conservative opinions regarding same sex marriage and children out of wedlock etc. But not all forms of Christianity do, and then certainly not all Christians whichever denomination of Christianity people follow share that same opinion as their church. I know Catholicism is pretty conservative, even if not all catholics are equally as such. Do we know if she is catholic or CofE?

It’s as bad as saying all Muslims are terrorists which is equally bullshit.

Yes, certain forms of Christianity certainly have conservative opinions regarding same sex marriage and children out of wedlock etc. But not all forms of Christianity do, and then certainly not all Christians whichever denomination of Christianity people follow share that same opinion as their church. I know Catholicism is pretty conservative, even if not all catholics are equally as such. Do we know if she is catholic or CofE?

It’s as bad as saying all Muslims are terrorists which is equally bullshit.
I am not sure what denomination she is - possibly CofE or I’m not sure why I think possibly Baptist? I’m in the Church of Scotland which is definitely more lax than other denominations. I just really dislike it when all followers of a religion are lumped together with one specific viewpoint!

I get that. I just think that she could have been a little less arsey. She could have said 'arr I could tell you.. but I'd have to kill you ha ha ha'. She was just so rude and I actually think its an ok question to ask somebody who has basically won the lottery! No wonder he is intrigued. How are these 20 something idiots becoming millionaires doing nothing! I can just imagine her being very difficult to work with and unless you are at the top of your game in the tv world then you really do have smile and fake your way to the top. Its a horrible industry to be in and one that she is desperate to crack but isn't cut out for it imo.
I remember cringing very hard as it really seemed like she had pre-empted the question and had rehearsed what she'd say and probably thought it would sound dead cool and edgy 😬😬😬

I remember cringing very hard as it really seemed like she had pre-empted the question and had rehearsed what she'd say and probably thought it would sound dead cool and edgy 😬😬😬
Totally. I see the argument that it’s something they get asked repeatedly by traditional media who could do a bit of research by this point and act like it’s a novelty or a hobby rather than a billion dollar industry.But certain influencers, of which Louise is at the forefront, definitely enjoy acting offended and annoyed as if they get a kick out of clashing with the BBC
After all they are happy repeating the story of how they got big online a million times. Of course being scrutinised for an exact figure is annoying and unfair but there are ways to play it in her favour, “I’d have to kill you” (as mentioned) or “enough to support my family” or even just “oh definitely enough.” I think it’s like how people love to tell celebrity stories about how awful someone was, rolling her eyes about the tiresome media just makes her seem more important somehow.

Just shows how little research she has actually done. Plenty of single parents in my church. Some gay people too. Not everyone has the same opinions, but the main commandments are about loving God and each other, not being a judgemental prick over other people's lifestyles.

I wonder if her dislike came more from being expected to contribute without being lauded for it. When you're an established attender of a church, they generally want you to volunteer your time on a rota - teas & coffees, children's church, welcoming on the door, playing in the band... something that gets you in a team and feeling a part of making things happen. Can you imagine Lady Louise being the tea lady!?

Reactions: 7
I wonder if her dislike came more from being expected to contribute without being lauded for it. When you're an established attender of a church, they generally want you to volunteer your time on a rota - teas & coffees, children's church, welcoming on the door, playing in the band... something that gets you in a team and feeling a part of making things happen. Can you imagine Lady Louise being the tea lady!?
Very good point! Being part of a church community is so much more than just attending church. Maybe Louise doesn’t have enough time or money in her busy busy life to contribute 🙄

Reactions: 2
Very good point! Being part of a church community is so much more than just attending church. Maybe Louise doesn’t have enough time or money in her busy busy life to contribute 🙄
So true! Esther wasn't there to do everything for her! 😆

I’m not sure if this is the instance you’re talking about but there was a time when Richard Madeley asked her ‘are you rich?’ on a morning breakfast programme (Good Morning Britain?) and she bounced back cockily/smugly with ‘are YOU rich?’ - clearly something she’d rehearsed over and over again in her head - and he was completely unphased by it, if I remember rightly he just shrugged and said ‘well, yeah, but are you?’. She clearly hadn’t expected such a confident response back and you could visibly see her flounder 😂 that was also incredibly cringey!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I’m not sure if this is the instance you’re talking about but there was a time when Richard Madeley asked her ‘are you rich?’ on a morning breakfast programme (Good Morning Britain?) and she bounced back cockily/smugly with ‘are YOU rich?’ - clearly something she’d rehearsed over and over again in her head - and he was completely unphased by it, if I remember rightly he just shrugged and said ‘well, yeah, but are you?’. She clearly hadn’t expected such a confident response back and you could visibly see her flounder 😂 that was also incredibly cringey!
Yes! It was this one!

Just shows how little research she has actually done. Plenty of single parents in my church. Some gay people too. Not everyone has the same opinions, but the main commandments are about loving God and each other, not being a judgemental prick over other people's lifestyles.
I decided that I wanted to attend church just after I lost my gran who was a catholic. I felt very lost without her and like something was missing so I went to my local church one Sunday with my daughter (who is born out of wedlock and I am not with her father anymore - the scandal lol) who went into the Sunday school bit. Afterwards they do a tea/coffee and cake session so I went in, was asked to sit with a group and got all the questions.

‘Your husband not with you this morning?’
‘I am not married’
‘oh so you are divorced then?’
‘No, never been married’
‘But you have a daughter!’
‘Yes she’s 9 years old’
‘Are you still with her dad?’
‘No we split when she was a baby’

Cue the shocked looks. The following week one of the ladies introduced me to the rest of the church goers, as ‘this is THE single mum who hasn’t been married’. I felt awkward to say the least. The majority of the church goers were elderly so they had old fashion views. I lasted 5 weeks before I couldn’t go back as I just didn’t feel welcome and if my daughter was at her dads that Sunday I would get the ‘where is she?’ questions with the ‘she’s at her dads this weekend’ reply which got me the ‘oh right’ reply with a look. It really did affect me. I went to another church and was welcomed in straight away. I don’t go every Sunday but when I do it’s lovely. Massive difference to that last one.

• Wow
I decided that I wanted to attend church just after I lost my gran who was a catholic. I felt very lost without her and like something was missing so I went to my local church one Sunday with my daughter (who is born out of wedlock and I am not with her father anymore - the scandal lol) who went into the Sunday school bit. Afterwards they do a tea/coffee and cake session so I went in, was asked to sit with a group and got all the questions.

‘Your husband not with you this morning?’
‘I am not married’
‘oh so you are divorced then?’
‘No, never been married’
‘But you have a daughter!’
‘Yes she’s 9 years old’
‘Are you still with her dad?’
‘No we split when she was a baby’

Cue the shocked looks. The following week one of the ladies introduced me to the rest of the church goers, as ‘this is THE single mum who hasn’t been married’. I felt awkward to say the least. The majority of the church goers were elderly so they had old fashion views. I lasted 5 weeks before I couldn’t go back as I just didn’t feel welcome and if my daughter was at her dads that Sunday I would get the ‘where is she?’ questions with the ‘she’s at her dads this weekend’ reply which got me the ‘oh right’ reply with a look. It really did affect me. I went to another church and was welcomed in straight away. I don’t go every Sunday but when I do it’s lovely. Massive difference to that last one.
I'm so sorry that happened to you. I know Louise has said before that she would much rather go to an American style church like thr one Marie goes to, lots of singing, having fun, and a nice community vibe. I don't think it's fair to pick apart anyone's relationship with religion as a potential character flaw, as it's very personal.

Honestly, I think she doesn’t go to church anymore because she’s just too lazy to go...

Reactions: 4
I'm so sorry that happened to you. I know Louise has said before that she would much rather go to an American style church like thr one Marie goes to, lots of singing, having fun, and a nice community vibe. I don't think it's fair to pick apart anyone's relationship with religion as a potential character flaw, as it's very personal.
Completely agree with you. Not all churches have that mindset. The first I went to certainly did but the second is very open minded. They don’t judge anyone and that’s what I love about it. Anyone who would have been considering attending church and saw her video would have been put right off going. I do not agree with her at all. I think she sometimes opens her mouth and (as my gran used to say) let’s anything fly out without thinking.

We all know what Louise earns and pays herself anyway, 500k a year, sprinkleofglitter LTD tells all....

• Wow
Reactions: 3
And her latest vlog... Talking about wanting to renovate her kitchen... Then has the bloody audacity to say she doesn't know if she'll have the funds to redo the whole kitchen!!!!! 😡 Louise your lazy lying arse must be burning cos your pants must be on fire... You paid yourself half a million quid last year!!!!! You will no doubt claim loads of tax work expenses on your house being your work p lCe. Can't watch the rest even for a laugh am so so annoyed .

• Angry
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.