Louise Pentland #2 WWilde about the ad’s, oh my battery Is flashing!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m a Louise fan so not here for the rants (each to their own - that’s what tattle is for) but I do believe it’ll be next weeks charts as they’re usually a week ahead. I believe the birmingham book signing was cancelled due to Liam having to work and she needed to get back for Pearl. I do have to agree though, she has been rather quiet and this book tour wasn’t as advertised as the last few years.

Reactions: 1
I also believe it will be high in next weeks charts, top 5. Purely because all the other numbers looked bad last time and it had actually done well. I haven’t heard anyone talk about it or even know it exists

I used to be a Louise fan, my then teenage daughter got me into her but not now. Not relatable now, too moaning, doesn't get how lucky she is, lies about following using stuff she loves when really it's only cos paid to hence WW disappearance, constant hauls and constant wasteful shopping.

Can't share your optimism.. It 'll only be die hard fans who buy it as people have said it's just a fictionalised version of her life... To not even feature in the WAterstones chart which did the tour/ pre orders etc and her going so quiet on it.I read the first on kindlefor 99p. It was rubbish... And I admit to reading chick lit rubbish ... Bit like junk food!! But it was pants. The reason these youtubers doing books ... They all managed by Gleam who now have a literary book division... Check out their website... ThInk Zoella for one with Gleam, who have a book division to capitalise on their popularity and make money despite having no writing experience or expertise... Hence Louise having to do so many edits from her editor/ ghost writer in essence I remember it from book 1 and 2" and her stressing over it . If it wasn't for Gleam book division putting the idea to them bet many wouldn't have gone down the writer route and wouldn't have got a book deal without the gleam book team.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
She isn’t promoting it much at all and the book tour has ended already. I’m starting to think she maybe did get Strictly hence her not been arsed about whether her book gets to No.1 as her biggest dream of being on Strictly may have come true?! 🙈

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Nope she admitted to Chris Evans in her radio interview she didn't . She s not well known enough. They want sports, tv news repoerters, soap actors, theatre... Not a vlogger... Joe only got on to get the younger viewers/ girl eye candy and his 10 million YouTube subscribers watching. She had zero chance despite constant embarrassing hints/ pleas.

So no one needs to buy the drivel just read it on this Google Aus link! 😆 read part of page one... Knowing full well it's basically autobiographically based Darcey s going to love seeing herself described as a whinging 8 year old on page one!!

Last edited:
Holy tit. I clicked on that link and had a skim of the first couple of pages... that is some of the worst writing I've come across, and I'm a high school English teacher. It's barely edited!! Run on sentences, passive voice, horribly written exposition... the editor must have totally checked out, or else this is the best she could manage with the drivel Louise sent her with it still technically able to be called 'her' writing. It reads like a crappy fanfiction that a 13 year old stan would write, having to fill in the blanks of 'adulthood' that they don't understand (and which Louise herself delegates out). Truly horrible. It seems to flip between continuous present and past tense, as well. What the...??????? I can only imagine that she actually realised it was utter crap and that's why she hasn't been as relentless with book promo, and seemingly writing 80% of it at the last minute with a foot wedged against her soft office door so her children couldn't bother her. She'll just collect the cheque and move on to her next project. Hopefully.

Edited to add: I just can't believe how awful this writing is. This is justa sentence picked at random from the first couple of pages. 1 sentence with 9(!!!!) commas, with two sets of parenthesis. Leaving aside the awkward phrasing, the naff acronym and the bizarre descriptors/adjectives.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Huh?? Why is she asking people if they love their children?
Reminds me of an episode of The Apprentice years ago, they were doing a task in France selling baby stuff. One of the contestant, might’ve been Luisa Zissman (might be remembering wrong), who asked “do French people love their children?”.

What a bleeping question to ask. She is fishing for engagement.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The dedication is to the fans - the best of eggs, and in true robin wilde style she's moaning already!

https://books.google.com.au/books/a...p_read_button&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false
I can't believe she added in the story of when liam opened her minstrels and she sent him horrible text messages because she was so pissed off. Except this time it's maltesers and it's the daughter who's very mad at it 🙄😂 "He's taking everything. This is MY house and that's MY malteser and she is MY MUMMY" 🙄🙄

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Holy tit. I clicked on that link and had a skim of the first couple of pages... that is some of the worst writing I've come across, and I'm a high school English teacher. It's barely edited!! Run on sentences, passive voice, horribly written exposition... the editor must have totally checked out, or else this is the best she could manage with the drivel Louise sent her with it still technically able to be called 'her' writing. It reads like a crappy fanfiction that a 13 year old stan would write, having to fill in the blanks of 'adulthood' that they don't understand (and which Louise herself delegates out). Truly horrible. It seems to flip between continuous present and past tense, as well. What the...??????? I can only imagine that she actually realised it was utter crap and that's why she hasn't been as relentless with book promo, and seemingly writing 80% of it at the last minute with a foot wedged against her soft office door so her children couldn't bother her. She'll just collect the cheque and move on to her next project. Hopefully.

Edited to add: I just can't believe how awful this writing is. This is justa sentence picked at random from the first couple of pages. 1 sentence with 9(!!!!) commas, with two sets of parenthesis. Leaving aside the awkward phrasing, the naff acronym and the bizarre descriptors/adjectives.

View attachment 30880
Oof, it pained me to read that. I felt like my head was spinning with all those commas [emoji37] that editor needs to find a different line of work.

Reactions: 5

View attachment 30880
I work as a copywriter for a marketing firm and end up doing a lot of editing of clients' work. Her sentence there is making me break out in bleeping hives lol

WHY IS THERE NOT A PERIOD AFTER "HAS ACCEPTED ME NOW"?? WHY ISN'T "TWO YEARS AGO" PLACED AFTER "HESGROVE" AND THE "HIGHLY SOUGHT-AFTER" CLAUSE MOVED AROUND?? WHY DID HER EDITOR EVEN GET PAID??

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Just shows how crap the gleam team book division are! And how little they care about quality just after her sheep smoney who will have bought it no matter the tit that's in it

Wonder if she s watching the one show right now!!! Glowering cos she s not on strictly😆 they announcing the first 3 contestants live

Just shows how crap the gleam team book division are! And how little they care about quality just after her sheep smoney who will have bought it no matter the tit that's in it

Wonder if she s watching the one show right now!!! Glowering cos she s not on strictly😆 they announcing the first 3 contestants live
Is it definite she's not on it as at this rate of 'celebs', I'm starting to wonder if she will be picked!

I've got a sinking feeling she will be
They know months in advance and have to keep it quiet but she has said a few times about the exciting things she has lined up. I only knew one of the three that were just announced so it's hardly the major celeb one they were talking about for this year.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.