Louise Cooney #4 Lackey today... Meg-gone tomorrow?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would think this is actually being paid for, I have never heard of them giving freebies, I am delighted for them if she is paying that they are getting the publicity, I am a bit surprised though that she is there and not in the Cliff Hotel

Reactions: 1
Is the "Lodge at Ashford Castle" related to Ashford Castle Hotel (as in part of the same group)?

The websites look awfully similar.

Just looked at the glamping place- no availability until September. Wonder is she paying? Doubt it!

Yes, same grounds... it's the more affordable of the two.
Thanks.

Maybe she didn't pay for it then because she was invited to the Lodge in 2018. She talked about it on her blog in 2018. I may be wrong, but I would assume she either didn't pay or got the room at a discount.

I would think this is actually being paid for, I have never heard of them giving freebies, I am delighted for them if she is paying that they are getting the publicity, I am a bit surprised though that she is there and not in the Cliff Hotel
Last year I'm sure I saw some content creators & press stay there and it was disclosed it was gifted.
That particular site always seems to be in the papers and magazines and are booked out until September it appears - they definitely don't need the publicity!

Reactions: 2
Last year I'm sure I saw some content creators & press stay there and it was disclosed it was gifted.
That particular site always seems to be in the papers and magazines and are booked out until September it appears - they definitely don't need the publicity!
I don't remember that from last year, they definitely don't need publicity, the pods are on the grounds of a lovely open farm that is always busy as well 😍

Can I just asked who needs this many staycations!!! She doesn't work so what does she need a break from??!!

Me and my partner work full time, have house, family, dog, personal commitments, Covid friendly social lives, friends and go to the gym/exercise. I don't need the amount of staycations she's doing and she works 1/20th the amount i do!! Normal times i do weekend break family travel once every 4 months!

I don't understand if Irish hotels want publicity why not give weekends away to Frontline workers. I would 100% look into booking at hotel, that did 1 weekend away a quarter to a Frontline worker! I think others have touched on it on this thread or another. But any staycation Louise visits or promotes I'm 100% put off it- as it's so disingenuous! Celine style diaries, style my bump & baby bump and me did family weekends away paid for themselves and comes across far more genuine. They talk about things like value for money and how much things cost!! As a consumer that's what I want to hear!!

Reactions: 17
Can I just asked who needs this many staycations!!! She doesn't work so what does she need a break from??!!

Me and my partner work full time, have house, family, dog, personal commitments, Covid friendly social lives, friends and go to the gym/exercise. I don't need the amount of staycations she's doing and she works 1/20th the amount i do!! Normal times i do weekend break family travel once every 4 months!

I don't understand if Irish hotels want publicity why not give weekends away to Frontline workers. I would 100% look into booking at hotel, that did 1 weekend away a quarter to a Frontline worker! I think others have touched on it on this thread or another. But any staycation Louise visits or promotes I'm 100% put off it- as it's so disingenuous! Celine style diaries, style my bump & baby bump and me did family weekends away paid for themselves and comes across far more genuine. They talk about things like value for money and how much things cost!! As a consumer that's what I want to hear!!
Nothing she shared on her trip to Ardmore has been marked as "gifted" so it must be paid for rather than it being a freebie. On one of her stories you can see a good few of her friends, no way would a company gift all of them. She ate in a restaurant last night that doesn't even do Instagram so I reckon the whole trip is paid for - why would a company gift an influencer if they don't even actively use Instagram.

Reactions: 6
Nothing she shared on her trip to Ardmore has been marked as "gifted" so it must be paid for rather than it being a freebie. On one of her stories you can see a good few of her friends, no way would a company gift all of them. She ate in a restaurant last night that doesn't even do Instagram so I reckon the whole trip is paid for - why would a company gift an influencer if they don't even actively use Instagram.
That hotel is around €1K per night for a "normal" room. I assume one night equals her monthly rent. I'm sure she has the means to, but she's spent quite a few days there. I doubt she'd be willing to pay upwards of €3K for a staycation or she really likes to throw money out the window.

Reactions: 5
Would our Louise or the BF actually be putting their hand in their pockets to pay for something themselves? !

Reactions: 5

Yes and the funny thing with Louise is she never talks cost or value for money when she’s on these stays as she’s NOT FECKIN PAYING!!!😡

Reactions: 3

It would have been an amazing token of appreciation for frontline workers, I agree. However, as much as I really admire frontline workers, they have far less marketing power than "influencers" and "celebrities". It's the sad truth of this "younger" generation. I can assume that very few people in Louise's demographic can afford a €1K per night hotel. Again, if they're using her as a marketing vehicle, they're targeting the wrong audience here. The hotel is very nice, but again, I think plastering a lavish staycation is insensitive during these times. She's really disconnected from reality, it's shocking.

Reactions: 7
It would have been an amazing token of appreciation for frontline workers, I agree. However, as much as I really admire frontline workers, they have far less marketing power than "influencers" and "celebrities". It's the sad truth of this "younger" generation. I can assume that very few people in Louise's demographic can afford a €1K per night hotel. Again, if they're using her as a marketing vehicle, they're targeting the wrong audience here. The hotel is very nice, but again, I think plastering a lavish staycation is insensitive during these times. She's really disconnected from reality, it's shocking.
Ashford castle is over rated.I would rather spend my money is a much nicer classic hotel.

Reactions: 6
Ashford castle is over rated.I would rather spend my money is a much nicer classic hotel.
Was there once for dinner. Myself and my husband, 2 professionals paying our way. At the time my own vehicle was only a year old but we happened to bring my husbands 09 golf at the time and my god from the minute we pulled up we were treated with such disdain. Obviously we didn’t act like knobs or obnoxious enough like the usual clientele so they looked down their noses at us from start to finish. Never again would I darken the door of it.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
That hotel is around €1K per night for a "normal" room. I assume one night equals her monthly rent. I'm sure she has the means to, but she's spent quite a few days there. I doubt she'd be willing to pay upwards of €3K for a staycation or she really likes to throw money out the window.
I'm referring to the place she is now? How is that 1k per night?

I made the comment in reference to someone talking about her current trip away: Ardmore.

I'm referring to the place she is now? How is that 1k per night?

I made the comment in reference to someone talking about her current trip away: Ardmore.
Her current trip away also includes Ashford Castle (which is the €1K I'm referring to). I doubt she's paying for any of this whether Ardmore or Ashford. That's what I meant to say.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.