Lose it Like Lauren

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is exactly what I came here to say. As someone with a disability, 10k steps is a huge achievement for me, but as far as I am aware, there's no reason whatsoever why it should be such a huge deal for Lauren.
She does seem to really struggle to walk sometimes, and she's always puffed out!
She’s a big girl and she drives everywhere.

Reactions: 1
I do think she needs to think about long term health and try an approach without becoming obsessed with weight loss, there must be a way to be healthier, without focusing too much on weight. No need to aim for what she did in the past.

Reactions: 3
She’s a big girl and she drives everywhere.
Exactly, and she has a sedentary job too. Think it’s telling that she chooses to sit down to hang out her washing when it would clearly be a lot easier to reach if she stood up! From what we see of how she eats I don’t think she’s particularly overeating and really just needs to move more. It would really help her mood and anxiety too I think.

Reactions: 6
Exactly, and she has a sedentary job too. Think it’s telling that she chooses to sit down to hang out her washing when it would clearly be a lot easier to reach if she stood up! From what we see of how she eats I don’t think she’s particularly overeating and really just needs to move more. It would really help her mood and anxiety too I think.
No I think she must over eat, considerably. She is a very big size and has to eat a lot to stay at it.
I do think she should think about her health more. She’s approaching 40 now and her body will just start complaining at carrying that weight. There’ll be other issues as well that will start to arise and her body will just start complaining at carrying that weight, there’ll be other issues as well that will start to arise.

Reactions: 7
Lauren may eat a lot but I am inclined to think she doesn’t. Yes she could be omitting a lot of food from her vlogs but she seems to lean towards pretty healthy foods in general. And I truly believe that if she did count calories etc she still wouldn’t lose significant weight. She has previously lost a huge amount and has since gained it back, science has pretty much proven now that obesity is a disease and that the body will fight against weight loss, especially when a large loss and regain has occurred. I’m not just making this up 😆 I speak from experience and have just had weight loss surgery because the whole “eat less, move more” did absolutely nothing for me for years after I gained a lot of weight due to a medical condition. I could fast for up to 21 hours a day at one point and not a jot of weight loss occurred. I agree that her health will suffer from the excess weight and if I was in her position I’d do what I’ve just done, but she seems to strongly reject diet culture and so she will have to come to her own conclusion about it.

Lauren may eat a lot but I am inclined to think she doesn’t. And I truly believe that if she did count calories etc she still wouldn’t lose significant weight. She has previously lost a huge amount and has since gained it back, science has pretty much proven now that obesity is a disease and that the body will fight against weight loss, especially when a large loss and regain has occurred. I’m not just making this up 😆 I speak from experience and have just had weight loss surgery because the whole “eat less, move more” did absolutely nothing for me for years after I gained a lot of weight due to a medical condition. I could fast for up to 21 hours a day at one point and not a jot of weight loss occurred. I agree that her health will suffer from the excess weight and if I was in her position I’d do what I’ve just done, but she seems to strongly reject diet culture and so she will have to come to her own conclusion about it.
It’s good to have lots of different opinions and experiences on here, most definitely. I’m going to disagree though, I hope that’s okay, that’s what’s good on tattle we can discuss things 😄.
Her total daily energy expenditure will be about 2000-2500 cals I think. For her to stay at the current size, she is consuming daily double that at least don’t you think?
I am aware of the science regarding the body choosing to stay at a weight and making weight loss hard. I’m sure she will/has experienced this. But this would be evident if she was physically losing weight and plateauing or yo-yoing, as opposed to keeping her at this one heavy weight.
Perhaps she should make a conscious effort to meal plan, not shop for one or two days at a time and also walk daily, which she used to do a lot.

Reactions: 6
It’s good to have lots of different opinions and experiences on here, most definitely. I’m going to disagree though, I hope that’s okay, that’s what’s good on tattle we can discuss things 😄.
Her total daily energy expenditure will be about 2000-2500 cals I think. For her to stay at the current size, she is consuming daily double that at least don’t you think?
I am aware of the science regarding the body choosing to stay at a weight and making weight loss hard. I’m sure she will/has experienced this. But this would be evident if she was physically losing weight and plateauing or yo-yoing, as opposed to keeping her at this one heavy weight.
Perhaps she should make a conscious effort to meal plan, not shop for one or two days at a time and also walk daily, which she used to do a lot.
I absolutely agree, Tattle is where we can agree to disagree, and I respect your opinion. But you did ask so I’ll say no I don’t think she is consuming 4000-5000 cals a day (however I can absolutely be wrong, she could be eating like Becki Jones for all I know) 😆😆 We only ever see what these lot choose to show us after all.

I think meal planning is great and perhaps she could even try that although I don’t think she would say so as she probably thinks it feeds into diet culture. This is purely my opinion but I don’t think it would matter if she consumed only 1600 calories a day every day, her body won’t shift that weight, perhaps half a stone, but nothing considerable. It happened to me and is a common dilemma with those who are overweight or obese and often complain they eat less than many of their healthy weight friends/fam/colleagues. Obviously we don’t know, I’d personally love to see her go on another health journey. Oh and this emoji as I don’t want you to think I’m arguing, I agree with you for the most part, just don’t think it’s a simple eat less move more scenario here 🤝 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I absolutely agree, Tattle is where we can agree to disagree, and I respect your opinion. But you did ask so I’ll say no I don’t think she is consuming 4000-5000 cals a day (however I can absolutely be wrong, she could be eating like Becki Jones for all I know) 😆😆 We only ever see what these lot choose to show us after all.

I think meal planning is great and perhaps she could even try that although I don’t think she would say so as she probably thinks it feeds into diet culture. This is purely my opinion but I don’t think it would matter if she consumed only 1600 calories a day every day, her body won’t shift that weight, perhaps half a stone, but nothing considerable. It happened to me and is a common dilemma with those who are overweight or obese and often complain they eat less than many of their healthy weight friends/fam/colleagues. Obviously we don’t know, I’d personally love to see her go on another health journey. Oh and this emoji as I don’t want you to think I’m arguing, I agree with you for the most part, just don’t think it’s a simple eat less move more scenario here 🤝 😆
I guess that might be why lots of people that go for bariatric surgery do it then? Because the weight just isn’t moving?
Me too, I’d love to see her on a health journey, just with healthy food and more activity not dieting.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I guess that might be why lots of people that go for bariatric surgery do it then? Because the weight just isn’t moving?
Me too, I’d love to see her on a health journey, just with healthy food and more activity not dieting.
I can’t speak for all, some people will totally use surgery as a way to lose with less effort, but it’s not easy and if they think it will be they’re in for a shock. I personally got to the end of my rope after 4 years of trying everything under the sun. I’d dieted successfully before, like Lauren, losing weight and getting to a healthy weight, but once this switch flipped it was an insane amount of gain and nothing I did fixed it. I was miserable, I had also got sucked into the haes movement but there was no denying my body was struggling. I just thought duck it I only have one life. I feel guilty even saying stuff about Lauren and her weight as I actually like her, she’s one of the few vloggers I like!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I can’t speak for all, some people will totally use surgery as a way to lose with less effort, but it’s not easy and if they think it will be they’re in for a shock. I personally got to the end of my rope after 4 years of trying everything under the sun. I’d dieted successfully before, like Lauren, losing weight and getting to a healthy weight, but once this switch flipped it was an insane amount of gain and nothing I did fixed it. I was miserable, I had also got sucked into the haes movement but there was no denying my body was struggling. I just thought duck it I only have one life. I feel guilty even saying stuff about Lauren and her weight as I actually like her, she’s one of the few vloggers I like!
That’s good that you’ve worked towards what you want, and are in the right place now, hopefully.
I do like watching her too, I’ve been watching for many years. Hope she gets through this ‘feeling lost’ stage as it’s showing in her vlogs.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
she’s said it in blogs before that she orders take always for dinner from like 3 local restaurants but she only showed the time she tried something different, j think it was sushi.
she’s deffo eating a lot more than she shows and it’s why her fruit and veg end up mouldy, cos she’s eating take aways instead of cooking.

i wouldn’t want to cook much in that tiny kitchen either tbh

even in her most recent blog she had pret, wagamamas and then still cooked pasta in the evening for her and friend, that’s a lot

i’m critical of lauren and a lot of other plus size internet girlies as i found them when i started my weight loss journey, i’ve lost weight and they’ve stayed the same. it’s been hard but it makes me really think they are unbelievably lazy.

She also puts butter and avocado in the same toast, I mean 2 different fats if one is not enough. She eats with anxiety (the faces she in the last vídeo when eats a simple cookie 48:18). I also think she's eating more than she shows.

• Haha
She also puts butter and avocado in the same toast, I mean 2 different fats if one is not enough. She eats with anxiety (the faces she in the last vídeo when eats a simple cookie 48:18). I also think she's eating more than she shows.
You'd be horrified to see me eat a bagel with butter, cream cheese and avocado! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Hell yes I put butter on my toast before ANYTHING. What’s the point otherwise? 😆 Sorry I can’t be virtuous about my fats. 🤣😇

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Hell yes I put butter on my toast before ANYTHING. What’s the point otherwise? 😆 Sorry I can’t be virtuous about my fats. 🤣😇
It's fine guys! I just find weird butter+avocado as for me it's same as mixing butter and olive oil, just bit weird.

I don’t understand why she’s living in that studio flat and must be paying a fortune for it when she could be living at home with her parents and saving so much money which would allow her to get a mortgage at some stage.

It's very concerning that she mentioned again how crazy it is that she did 10 thousand steps :rolleyes:

• Wow