Lose it Like Lauren

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I couldnt find a thread on here for Lauren, so hopefully this will do. She's a you tuber and insta girl, 72k followers, plus size and has previously lost loads of weight and had surgery to remove the excess skin, then seemed to put on loads of weight and now seems to be losing it again. Last I heard she was living in her bedsit with her girlfriend, also called Lauren. Just watched a video and she seems to be living at home and on a fitness campaign with her mum. I cant make up my mind whether I like her or not, she's a bit of a silly cow but there's something quite honest about her. I'd also love to know what her job is.

Reactions: 2
Well now im confused, her channel seems to be called Live it like Lauren, but i swear it used to be called Lose it like Lauren. And i cant find her old videos... maybe i dreamed it all!

Well, I feel like I've made the whole thing up or Im living in a parallel universe, does no one else watch Lauren?

Anyone heard anything on Yaz ??? Latest I heard her boyfriend, ex, battered her at cove?
Who is Yaz? something to do with Lauren?

Reactions: 1
I used to watch her! Years ago when she was Lose It Like Lauren and was maintaining her weight loss really well. Loved her content about her health and all her trips out with her Mum (and all the hols abroad!). She turned her channel away from weight loss a couple of years ago to more general lifestyle stuff and it just wasn’t for me so I stopped following her. It wasn’t a figment of your imagination ☺

I used to watch her! Years ago when she was Lose It Like Lauren and was maintaining her weight loss really well. Loved her content about her health and all her trips out with her Mum (and all the hols abroad!). She turned her channel away from weight loss a couple of years ago to more general lifestyle stuff and it just wasn’t for me so I stopped following her. It wasn’t a figment of your imagination ☺
Oh thank God! I was beginning to doubt my sanity! Thanks;)

Ah, someone finally started a thread on her!

I used to subscribe to her years ago, then she put on a ton of weight again, disappeared off SM for a bit and then came back as Live it Like Lauren and went full fat acceptance on everyone! They fake inspirational talk she does all the time does my nut in. I think there was a thread on *the other site* about her and she made an account pretending to be her mate or something? She'll likely grace us with her presence eventually.

Reactions: 6
Was there any drama with her and the ex gf or did it just fizzle out? It’s funny as a person I couldn’t really warm to her but enjoyed her videos anyway - once she went off track and away from the heath stuff I just lost interest.

Yes, the inspirational talk does me in as well, sounds like she's in therapy. What's her job, anyone know?

I think she worked for an estate agent? Dunno if she still does.

Not sure about any drama with her ex, I don't think she went into any detail at the time (sensible!)

I think once she moved out of her parents house and the support from her mum went away, she started eating as a comfort again. I probably would too in that pokey bedsit.

I don't know how she did it, that kitchen in the cupboard! I would comfort eat as well, like you say

• Haha
That kitchen was very bijou for sure! I think she was working in property too - her mum used to work on holiday home rentals abroad and when she moved out and stopped working for her mum she mentioned she got a deal on her flat related to her new job.

Reactions: 3
Lauren's been absent from you tube for about 5 months now. Followed her for years when she lived at home, losing weight, exercising and her mum. I use to really enjoy watching her videos back then. But went off her content when she preached about embracing being fat (I'm not slim myself). Does anyone know why her and xameilax fell out?

Just noticed she's got new uploads on YT. She's managed to upload the same clip as the end of one vlog and the beginning of the next, most is all old footage from last year. From her newer stuff she seems to be back at the gym but not necessarily trying to lose weight.

Her gf's cat is absolutely adorable.

I still watch her to see her mum. I love that she has a new gf. They are cute together. That’s all I got. For now. Haha.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
The full body shots in her vlogs recently have really highlighted just how much weight she's regained. I'm thinking she might be heavier than when she started her weight loss journey?

I completely get having to balance mental and physical health and having eating disorders must make everything extremely difficult. However, she does still seem to be gaining and that just isn't sustainable health-wise. She's already showing some laboured breathing in the videos and she's always complaining about how difficult it is to find clothes that fit. She'll do another 180 eventually and lose loads of weight again, I'm sure.

She doesn't seem happy at all, I hope the therapy is actually helping her.

Since she has been through such a huge journey there and back, I am pretty sure she is aware of all the health issues she is facing. I feel for her.

• Heart
I wonder whether therapy makes the desire to binge worse.

I feel bad for Lauren. It's hard for me to watch her recent videos because she seems so miserable, but she just won't admit it's because of her weight gain. She says she accepts her bigger body and is into all of that fat acceptance nonsense, but I don't buy it.

Reactions: 10
I think it's pretty obvious that she doesn't enjoy being the size that she is, but what she is trying to say (I think) is that she's not going to spend any more time hating herself for it because that doesn't help her either. She obvioulsy isn't choosing to look the way she does. It's far more complex than that considering what hell and back she put her body through. I can't even imagine how she feels every day. She is braver than I would ever be.

Reactions: 5