Lizzy Hadfield (Shot from the Street)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Bite-sized chunks of content" says it all. You know how when you had to write a report in middle school and thought printing it out in 16pt type, double spaced with big pictures, was going to fool your teacher? Get ready for 256 pages of that.

If these two had any brains they would hire a ghostwriter and spare themselves (and us) the embarrassment of seeing their sparkling prose immortalized:

"My weekend has been filled with friends, food and trips to the gallery and it was all exactly what I needed. I even had a nap - which reminded me to look after myself." - Lindsey Holland

"Always one of career highlights; working with Tag Heuer. It's a brand with huge sentimental importance to me, so have worked with them not once, but twice, is a dream come true. [sic]" - Lizzy Hadfield

Sadly the best we can hope for is a good proofreader.
That sounds like a primary school kids "what I saw and did" holiday report!

Reactions: 4
The about the author section on amazon for the book:

"Lindsey Holland, a physiotherapist in the NHS, has an incredible eye for an outfit and documents her daily sartorial choices on her Instagram feed (95k), blog and Youtube channel, as well as her passion for travel, interiors and beauty.
Instagram: @ropesofholland

Lizzie Hadfield and Lindsey Holland have been friends for the last seven years after meeting at London Fashion Week and it's been soulmate central between them ever since. London-based fashion influencer and brand consultant Lizzy is behind the hugely popular blog Shot from the Street, with a 400k Instagram following and a YouTube channel which boasts an excess of 16 million views. Together with Lindsey, she created the number one podcast Things You Can't Ask Yer Mum in 2019.
Instagram: @shotfromthestreet"

No doubt Lindsey wrote this. It opens with Lindsey, then has a bit in the middle about the two of them, and then ends on Lizzy. The narrative is all over the place, and if this is what the book is going to be like... oh god. It'll be used in secondary schools as how not to write anything ever.
Lindsay’s insta handle isn’t even @ropesfholland anymore... Hey I’m on reduced hours because of COVID if you need an editor guys, call me!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Lizzy’s voice in her new book video sounds so high pitched? It doesn’t sound like her at all...I’m wondering if she edited it? So strange

Lizzy’s voice in her new book video sounds so high pitched? It doesn’t sound like her at all...I’m wondering if she edited it? So strange
I noticed this too! I’ve actually been rewatching a couple of her vlogs from when she just moved down to London, and her voice was quite different! She was also quite different overall, her whole being seemed brighter if that makes sense. Now she’s a shadow of herself, she doesn’t look very happy at all:(

Had to edit for spelling mistakes (as always lol).

Reactions: 2
I noticed this too! I’ve actually been rewatching a couple of her vlogs from when she just moved down to London, and her voice was quite different! She was also quite different overall, her whole being seemed brighter if that makes sense. Now she’s a shadow of herself, she doesn’t look very happy at all:(

I haven’t watched her latest video but I actually commented sometime ago that her voice has changed a lot since she first started making videos. No one agreed with me though!😆

I rewatched some of her old vlogs from around that time recently and totally agree with you! I enjoyed sitting watching those with a coffee and now I very rarely click on her videos.

I don’t think Lindsey pushed this on Lizzy at all, Lizzy is definitely the type of person who gets an ego stroke from something this basic just like the subscription box.
Lizzy isn’t much of a writer herself either her blog and IG often have basic spelling and grammatical mistakes in them, she put ‘has’ instead ‘have’ on IG a few days ago which isn’t something you can blame autocorrect for. I know this is a minor thing to drag someone for but when IG is your job you should at least proof read.

Did they even finish season 2 of the podcast? I swear when I listened to the last upload it mentioned a new episode that never got uploaded?

On Lizzy’s IG she has saved some of the podcast IG lives they did last year during lockdown, they’ve been uploaded for six months and only have 1.8K views. That’s embarrassingly low engagement for someone with 500k followers.

Who do they think is going to buy this book? Why did they even agree to it in the first place? I’m actually embarrassed for them.

Reactions: 5
Lizzy's blog has always been filled with grammatical errors. Her writing style mirrors how she talks--hasty word vomit--without any consideration for clarity or brevity. The thing is, proofreading software can do a lot more than simple spellchecking nowadays, so if she spent half a minute checking her work, she could easily catch and correct these mistakes. But I don't think she ever re-reads what she writes, so low are her standards for quality. She couldn't even manage a one-paragraph blog post for Tag Heuer without glaring errors. For her, it's about image, not substance. I really don't know if she and Lindsey think their [scrap]book will be any good, but I do think she rather fancies having "author" (even in the loosest definition of the word) on her resume.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I don’t think Lindsey pushed this on Lizzy at all, Lizzy is definitely the type of person who gets an ego stroke from something this basic just like the subscription box.
Lizzy isn’t much of a writer herself either her blog and IG often have basic spelling and grammatical mistakes in them, she put ‘has’ instead ‘have’ on IG a few days ago which isn’t something you can blame autocorrect for. I know this is a minor thing to drag someone for but when IG is your job you should at least proof read.

Did they even finish season 2 of the podcast? I swear when I listened to the last upload it mentioned a new episode that never got uploaded?

On Lizzy’s IG she has saved some of the podcast IG lives they did last year during lockdown, they’ve been uploaded for six months and only have 1.8K views. That’s embarrassingly low engagement for someone with 500k followers.

Who do they think is going to buy this book? Why did they even agree to it in the first place? I’m actually embarrassed for them.
I was purely surprised because Lizzy definitely gives off that vibe of trying hard to appear cool. I seem to remember her saying she wouldn’t do any collaborations with brands unless it really spoke to her which I thought was so bogus! If you’re a creative, as you claim to be as an “influencer”/“photographer”, then why turn down brand collabs? Lindsey’s collaboration with Roxanne First actually produced gorgeous jewellery dedicated to her grandparents of which a portion of the proceeds went to AgeUK! But now it appears she’s grasping at them for the money aspect, the reposed thing was so low effort and this book no doubt will be too!

Reactions: 4
The second photo in the 🥀 photos is not a good one.
What do we think of the green cardigan? I quite like it.
I'm not a fan. But maybe it's because the green looks extra sickly combined with her facial expression. It looks like we interrupted her puking into the toilet.

So based on her stories, we know that at least 4 people have bought her curated box, 2 of which are her friends. I'm sorry, but the more I look at this "collection", the more frustrated I get. It's just looks so underwhelming, which is what you get when you throw a bunch of flat things into a box. If it weren't for the candle and tea, they could have packaged it more compactly in an envelope, which I think would have felt nicer. As it is, you just get these two little boxes rattling around in a bigger, empty box. I'm not sure if what I'm saying is getting across... You know how when you open a good gift box or care package, and it's cram-jammed with a pleasing variety of beautifully packaged goodies? It just feels really satisfying. This Reposed box is the opposite of that.

I’ve been wanting to try and create a new thread. But my goodness, the list of instructions and guidelines is too much for me!

• Haha
I’ve been wanting to try and create a new thread. But my goodness, the list of instructions and guidelines is too much for me!
I've got you Nova! and your title was our most liked suggestion too :)

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.