Lizzy Hadfield (Shot from the Street)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Surely they aren't going to have 'yer mom' as the title, what the hell...

Reactions: 2
Saying mom is very common up north.
Fair enough. I live in Manchester and some people say mam but not mom I always thought it was American.

I've never listened to their podcast but will it just be a repetition of the stuff they have covered on that? Surely they don't have that many interesting life stories to fill a podcast and a book, Lizzy hardly does anything. Don't know much about Lindsay though.

Reactions: 3
Saying mom is very common up north.
Fair enough. I live in Manchester and some people say mam but not mom I always thought it was American.

I've never listened to their podcast but will it just be a repetition of the stuff they have covered on that? Surely they don't have that many interesting life stories to fill a podcast and a book, Lizzy hardly does anything. Don't know much about Lindsay though.
I’m in Yorkshire and we don’t say “mom”, some people say “mam” as do my friends in the north east. But not mom.
I have heard people from Birmingham say/write mom, though.

Reactions: 7
I’m in Yorkshire and we don’t say “mom”, some people say “mam” as do my friends in the north east. But not mom.
I have heard people from Birmingham say/write mom, though.
I’ve never heard of anyone in the UK using the word mom! Also neither of them are Brummy or say mom. Are they trying to break into an American market?

Reactions: 5
Does it really matter whether they say mom, mum or mam? I would have thought the more noteworthy issue is that they are writing a book ...

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Does it really matter whether they say mom, mum or mam? I would have thought the more noteworthy issue is that they are writing a book ...
How did these bimbos get a book deal with RECYCLED content from a podcast?!? There are so many authors out there with creative writing degrees and/or talent that deserve this SO much more. I know that professional milestones are important for all of us, but what these two privileged white women should’ve done is pass on this and recommend a POC. They’ve already made a podcast on these subjects, what’s the point of the book then to just tick a box?

Reactions: 14
How did these bimbos get a book deal with RECYCLED content from a podcast?!? There are so many authors out there with creative writing degrees and/or talent that deserve this SO much more. I know that professional milestones are important for all of us, but what these two privileged white women should’ve done is pass on this and recommend a POC. They’ve already made a podcast on these subjects, what’s the point of the book then to just tick a box?
The publishing industry is just as money-grubbing as any other, sadly.

• Heart
The mom/mum thing may be for to appeal to a non-uk audience as well?

No doubt about Lindsay but I never had Lizzy down as this delusional!

Every opportunity has to be passed onto a POC now??

Don't get me wrong I think this book will be awful and they only got a deal because of the number of followers they have = more money for the publishers. There's definitely more worthy people who would write a better book....

But saying they should have "passed the opportunity onto a POC" - how's that relevant here? They're writing about something related to their po dcast.

Reactions: 8
I wonder if this was pushed by Lindsay rather than Lizzy? There is no way Lindsay would get a book deal without Lizzy but Lizzy wouldn't need her. If I had to guess I would've thought Lizzy would have made some kind of artsy coffee table book - that seems much more up her street.

I wouldn't think this was thaaat strange if they hadn't previously done a podcast about it. Reading the summary of what the book will be like made me think of Dolly Alderton's 'Everything I know about love', which can have a wide audience. But recycling what they've already talked about - and probably in waaaay less depth, as the podcast has 2 seasons and the episodes are around 45 mins - is really strange.
I think that if they want this book of sell they need to do a front cover that DOESN'T include a picture of them. I can't say this enough but having influencers/youtubers on the front cover of their books is 100% counterproductive unless it's someone with a really young audience. Keep it simple, a nice colour palette + nice typo or a big blown up picture (Lizzy takes some decent ones) and jump on Dolly's train.

Every opportunity has to be passed onto a POC now??

Don't get me wrong I think this book will be awful and they only got a deal because of the number of followers they have = more money for the publishers. There's definitely more worthy people who would write a better book....

But saying they should have "passed the opportunity onto a POC" - how's that relevant here? They're writing about something related to their po dcast.
That was really more of an exaggeration. Obviously, not every opportunity needs to be offered to a POC, but what is the point of a companion book to a podcast that really doesn’t talk about anything noteworthy, ya know? Makes me think how The Anna Edit’s book was really just a collection of her blog posts, nothing really new or revolutionary.

But honestly, how many more books do we need about white women and their privileges? That’s really what I mean.

• Heart
I'm as infuriated as you are. They don't deserve a book deal. They're barely readers (as in I don't believe they're capable of proper critical thinking when it comes to literature) and most importantly: THEY'RE NOT WRITERS.

These two bland beige pricks just want to add "author" to their Insta bios. Gross.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
God guys in her recent post (the second image in the slideshow thing) she looks so deeply unwell it’s concerning

• Wow
It has a wilted rose emoji đŸ„€ as well...
I personally wouldn't read too much into it...

If she really is struggling then I sympathise, but these kinds of captions are common on Instagram, especially for these types of influencers (read: not much substance). It's about winter and grey days and feeling blah.

And with regards to her thinness: she's feeding off the attention and I'm personally not here to giver her any to feed her ego

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.