Lizzy Hadfield (Shot from the Street)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I personally wouldn't read too much into it...

If she really is struggling then I sympathise, but these kinds of captions are common on Instagram, especially for these types of influencers (read: not much substance). It's about winter and grey days and feeling blah.

And with regards to her thinness: she's feeding off the attention and I'm personally not here to giver her any to feed her ego
I can't with these cryptic, attention-grabby, woe-is-me posts (that goes for anyone, not just influencers). Sucking in her cheeks and looking dejected, while decked out in Manolo Blahniks and other expensive, probably gifted clothes, it's so "poor little rich girl." If you're truly struggling, be frank about it. If you have an opinion, voice it. If you feel strongly about something, say it with conviction. No one has time to spend interpreting your stupid emojis; only teenagers think that makes you look deep. To the rest of us, it's pathetic.

Reactions: 13
Product details

• Publisher : Kyle Books (July 6, 2021)
  • Language: : English
  • Hardcover : 256 pages
  • ISBN-10 : 0857839640
  • ISBN-13 : 978-0857839640
  • Item Weight : 1.74 pounds

256 pages...... kill me whats wrong with this world.

• Sick
Reactions: 6
Admittedly I'm not much of a cat person but is there no way to discipline a cat?

She films Luigi like annoying gaga parents do their toddlers when they're misbehaving and it stopped being cute really quickly imo

Reactions: 5
Product details

Half of it will be photos.

Product details

The About Us section from the publisher:

“Kyle Books is part of Octopus Publishing Group (Hachette UK), and publisher of high-quality cooking, crafts, lifestyle, and gardening titles.”

I mean...straight to the bargain bin.

Reactions: 5
The about the author section on amazon for the book:

"Lindsey Holland, a physiotherapist in the NHS, has an incredible eye for an outfit and documents her daily sartorial choices on her Instagram feed (95k), blog and Youtube channel, as well as her passion for travel, interiors and beauty.
Instagram: @ropesofholland

Lizzie Hadfield and Lindsey Holland have been friends for the last seven years after meeting at London Fashion Week and it's been soulmate central between them ever since. London-based fashion influencer and brand consultant Lizzy is behind the hugely popular blog Shot from the Street, with a 400k Instagram following and a YouTube channel which boasts an excess of 16 million views. Together with Lindsey, she created the number one podcast Things You Can't Ask Yer Mum in 2019.
Instagram: @shotfromthestreet"

No doubt Lindsey wrote this. It opens with Lindsey, then has a bit in the middle about the two of them, and then ends on Lizzy. The narrative is all over the place, and if this is what the book is going to be like... oh god. It'll be used in secondary schools as how not to write anything ever.

• Haha
The about the author section on amazon for the book:

"Lindsey Holland, a physiotherapist in the NHS, has an incredible eye for an outfit and documents her daily sartorial choices on her Instagram feed (95k), blog and Youtube channel, as well as her passion for travel, interiors and beauty.
Instagram: @ropesofholland

Lizzie Hadfield and Lindsey Holland have been friends for the last seven years after meeting at London Fashion Week and it's been soulmate central between them ever since. London-based fashion influencer and brand consultant Lizzy is behind the hugely popular blog Shot from the Street, with a 400k Instagram following and a YouTube channel which boasts an excess of 16 million views. Together with Lindsey, she created the number one podcast Things You Can't Ask Yer Mum in 2019.
Instagram: @shotfromthestreet"

No doubt Lindsey wrote this. It opens with Lindsey, then has a bit in the middle about the two of them, and then ends on Lizzy. The narrative is all over the place, and if this is what the book is going to be like... oh god. It'll be used in secondary schools as how not to write anything ever.
Oh God, that is horrible and I don't even think it is factual. Is Lindsay still working as a physio, I thought she stopped a couple of years ago? Lizzy has over 500k on Instagram. It should lead with Lizzy as she is what will sell the book (if it does sell). Also, Lizzie and Lizzy - whoever wrote that needs another job other than writing!

Reactions: 9
Oh God, that is horrible and I don't even think it is factual. Is Lindsay still working as a physio, I thought she stopped a couple of years ago? Lizzy has over 500k on Instagram. It should lead with Lizzy as she is what will sell the book (if it does sell). Also, Lizzie and Lizzy - whoever wrote that needs another job other than writing!
Was gonna say the same. Lindsay has majorly benefited from her friendship with Lizzy.

Reactions: 4
"the number one podcast Things You Can't Ask Yer Mum in 2019"

How is this even close to true?

Here's an excerpt of the description from the Kyle Books site (also, LOL at the "Draft" cover :LOL:):
1609788351463.png

The book embodies what Lindsey and Lizzy have had through their friendship: the ability to honestly pass on their own experiences in life in order to help the other. With never-heard-before anecdotes and bite-sized chunks of content to return to, this valuable book will be a friend to you – one that shares reassuring stories of losing virginity using a blueberry flavoured condom, losing friends and losing inhibitions. It is a book for anyone, at any stage of life.

Last edited:
  • Haha
So I guess there won’t be a book tour or anything like that (considering the state of ze world)? Published bloggers do love a book bath

Reactions: 1
The About Us section from the publisher:

“Kyle Books is part of Octopus Publishing Group (Hachette UK), and publisher of high-quality cooking, crafts, lifestyle, and gardening titles.”

I mean...straight to the bargain bin.
Fodder for The Works.
£3.49 within 6 months.

"the number one podcast Things You Can't Ask Yer Mum in 2019"

How is this even close to true?

Here's an excerpt of the description from the Kyle Books site (also, LOL at the "Draft" cover :LOL:):
View attachment 371866
Here, it does say “mum” though.

I can’t even read my own master’s thesis without embarrassment, I would never want to have a book like this on the shelves if I wasn’t a proper writer.

Reactions: 7
The Kyle Books website has the title as "..Yer Mum" and oddly, the Amazon listing has it as "...Yer Mom" BUT the dummy book cover says "Your Mom". Geez, wouldn't you think Lindsey/Lizzy's manager or book agent would get it right?

Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 4.26.33 PM.png

"Yer mum"? Sounds like something a 10-year-old gobshite would say as a lame insult.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’ve always said to my friends that also watch Lizzy that she’d do well to do more collaborations etc (like Lindsey’s jewellery collab with Roxanne First) as her followers are quite receptive and she did have some good recommendations before all the designer gifting. I seem to remember her always saying she’d never do collaborations unless they truly meant something to her but what with the lac of effort that was put into the reposed thing i know this book will just be a quick cash grab and not out of any form of creativity at all

Reactions: 2
"Bite-sized chunks of content" says it all. You know how when you had to write a report in middle school and thought printing it out in 16pt type, double spaced with big pictures, was going to fool your teacher? Get ready for 256 pages of that.

If these two had any brains they would hire a ghostwriter and spare themselves (and us) the embarrassment of seeing their sparkling prose immortalized:

"My weekend has been filled with friends, food and trips to the gallery and it was all exactly what I needed. I even had a nap - which reminded me to look after myself." - Lindsey Holland

"Always one of career highlights; working with Tag Heuer. It's a brand with huge sentimental importance to me, so have worked with them not once, but twice, is a dream come true. [sic]" - Lizzy Hadfield

Sadly the best we can hope for is a good proofreader.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.