Lizzy Hadfield & Lindsey Holland #7 How's my cat? Things you can ask yer mum.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has she known her uncle Luigi her whole life? Do they stay at his house? I must have missed the story behind all these visits and chatting about him. Hopefully she brought the magazine article to show him what a great influence he is to her.
From memory, she's known him her whole life. He was married/long-term partner to her aunt (Mum's sister) before she was born. I think she died a few years before Lizzy's Dad. Pretty sure the fam used to visit them every year because, tbf, if you had fam in Italy, why not.

Mind you, Luigi was like 50 and Jenny (her aunt) was 28 or 29 when he started pursuing her while they were both in relationships, sooo...very 1970s ick. That aside, I can see where her clingy attachment to him comes from since she probs associates him heaps with her aunt and probs uses him as a bit of a substitute for her Dad (also, I really feel for her Mum to lose both her sister and husband within 3 years of each other).

But absolutely no chance she'd harp on about him even half as much if he was just regular ol' accountant Larry from Telford, as opposed to architect Luigi from Tropea. One you can't really exploit on Insta, ya know.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
no chance she'd harp on about him even half as much if he was just regular ol' accountant Larry from Telford, as opposed to architect Luigi from Tropea. One you can't really exploit on Insta
Hahaha this is absolutely spot on. She really played up the Italian architect angle way too much,

Reactions: 14
From memory, she's known him her whole life. He was married/long-term partner to her aunt (Mum's sister) before she was born. I think she died a few years before Lizzy's Dad. Pretty sure the fam used to visit them every year because, tbf, if you had fam in Italy, why not.

Mind you, Luigi was like 50 and Jenny (her aunt) was 28 or 29 when he started pursuing her while they were both in relationships, sooo...very 1970s ick. That aside, I can see where her clingy attachment to him comes from since she probs associates him heaps with her aunt and probs uses him as a bit of a substitute for her Dad (also, I really feel for her Mum to lose both her sister and husband within 3 years of each other).

But absolutely no chance she'd harp on about him even half as much if he was just regular ol' accountant Larry from Telford, as opposed to architect Luigi from Tropea. One you can't really exploit on Insta, ya know.
Thank you for the info! I had a vague impression that she had known him for a while, but couldn't figure out if he was wildly wealthy or being used for his Italian holiday home.

Reactions: 6
How much disposable income does she have??? Seen two new Prada bags recently in her videos yet she doesn’t even focus them on her ig or yt for easy views and engagement?!

Reactions: 6
lizzy needs this, no more hiding your book in your tote bag, LET EVERYONE KNOW YOU READ

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 15
How much disposable income does she have??? Seen two new Prada bags recently in her videos yet she doesn’t even focus them on her ig or yt for easy views and engagement?!
Lizzy didn’t buy either of the Prada bags, both bags were gifted to her. I honestly think Lizzy wouldn’t have bought them with her own money, she seemed to use the Cleo bag more after people on IG liked it - story of Lizzy’s life.

Lizzy has lost all her integrity and this is why advertising standards exist but are are we really surprised that Elizabeth thinks she is above conforming to them?
Under ASA guidelines if influencers accept gifted items under the terms they will show the items X amount of times, or on X platform it needs to marked as AD.
Under CMA guidelines gifted items that have been gifted with no strings attached also need to be labelled as sponsored content, so another word for AD.
Either way both those Prada bags need to be labelled as AD whenever they are featured, either in the IG caption or Youtube description ‘ad - gifted’, ‘advertisement feature’ or something similar needs to appear somewhere.

That whole Italian styling video is a declaration headache. Shouldn’t there be an AD in the title? At least AD should appear on the screen whenever she talks about the jewellery.
Similarly in that video a lot more clothing was gifted to Lizzy then disclosed. She mentions Asceno gifted her the black dress and the shorts were gifted. In reality the gifted items were; the skirt, both bikinis, both bags, both black dresses, sunglasses, the other jewellery she didn’t mention, white shorts, Church’s shoes and even the blue Arket shirt she was wearing at the end of the video.
In the description when Lizzy links to the items she needs to put AD before each one, especially the ones that are affiliate links - even if she bought those items herself.

Her IG is even more of a headache, some of her ADs have the disclosure hidden and others [the Lampoo AD] doesn’t even feature AD anywhere in the caption.
I suppose Lizzy is becoming so irrelevant no one can even be bothered to report her.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Linda saying she doesn’t know when the next drop of towels will be to drum up business 🤦🏻‍♀️Erm it’s your company love, acting like you have ‘no idea’ doesn’t inspire confidence.. ps the towels are sooo tit

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Linda saying she doesn’t know when the next drop of towels will be to drum up business 🤦🏻‍♀️Erm it’s your company love, acting like you have ‘no idea’ doesn’t inspire confidence.. ps the towels are sooo tit
a very sophisticated way of saying you haven't made any profit, I guess? definitely, not very CEO/boss-babe-like, lmao

Reactions: 10
I HATE THIS it is so annoying when people do this, trying to come off all 'exclusive' but seriously this early in the game it just means you can't afford to make any more. We're not idiots!!!

Reactions: 9
I worked in fashion now in homewares and really think they need to hire a consultant. Like it’s great to go by vibe for a while but long term they really need to sort out a bloody plan!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
THANK YOU for saying this!

I don't care about whether she flashes her boobs etc but it's important to call out this non disclosure crap. It's so sad that Prada, Church's etc have fallen for the influencer bullshit. I saw Hermes had done a small press trip a few days ago and one of those big vacuous influencers was on it*. (It was Hermes x Apple but I'm still clueless as to what the actual product was.) It put me right off. Same with Church's who I love and have spent my own money on. [*It was this idiot]

It's clear from this thread that there are still people who believe these types of influencers spend their own money on the vast amount of bags etc they have. They don't. They speak in coded language: "I picked up", "I got", "I purchased" (translation: "I was given store credit", "I was gifted"), you never hear them say "I bought".

The brands should insist they disclose. They did for about 5 minutes many years ago. It was the early days of ASA etc and I remember Bobbi Brown and Chanel sending little postcards with their beauty PR packages saying 'please make sure you disclose'. Now no-one cares.

Lizzy didn’t buy either of the Prada bags, both bags were gifted to her. I honestly think Lizzy wouldn’t have bought them with her own money, she seemed to use the Cleo bag more after people on IG liked it - story of Lizzy’s life.

Lizzy has lost all her integrity and this is why advertising standards exist but are are we really surprised that Elizabeth thinks she is above conforming to them?
Under ASA guidelines if influencers accept gifted items under the terms they will show the items X amount of times, or on X platform it needs to marked as AD.
Under CMA guidelines gifted items that have been gifted with no strings attached also need to be labelled as sponsored content, so another word for AD.
Either way both those Prada bags need to be labelled as AD whenever they are featured, either in the IG caption or Youtube description ‘ad - gifted’, ‘advertisement feature’ or something similar needs to appear somewhere.

Reactions: 11