Lizzy Hadfield & Lindsey Holland #5 Lazy & Lost

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gosh I just realised this was shot on homerton high street which is literally the crappest road in the world and it’s really making me chuckle
I know. With all the places in east London… why this?
Just a bit of insider insight, if anyone is interested. I had the grave misfortune of living literally on Homerton High Street for four years, before making an escape during the first summer of the pandemic, so I know that postcode very well indeed. I immediately noticed she had moved to the area when she kept posting pictures on Chatsworth Road, which believe it or not is even grubbier in real life. There is no reason you would be hanging out there unless you lived very close by, the same applies to Homerton High Street. I was particularly tickled to see her posing just along from my old GP surgery, which has bars on the windows and where I once saw a man arrested for attacking one of the doctors whilst I waited for my flu jab. That whole area really is incredibly unpleasant and very run down, with copious amounts of drug dealing, gang violence and crime. Sadly I’m speaking as both a witness and a victim, no arbitrary stereotyping here I’m afraid. She’s an idiot for posting some of the photos she does, anyone who knows the area between Chatsworth road and the Eagle would be able to work out pretty much exactly where she lives without any effort. Silly girl. But yeah to summarise, she has indeed moved to one of the naffest, nastiest areas in Hackney - that was my experience of it anyway. She was probably hoping for Upper Clapton/Stokie but had to settle for Homerton instead. Sad trombone.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
Just a bit of insider insight, if anyone is interested. I had the grave misfortune of living literally on Homerton High Street for four years, before making an escape during the first summer of the pandemic, so I know that postcode very well indeed. I immediately noticed she had moved to the area when she kept posting pictures on Chatsworth Road, which believe it or not is even grubbier in real life. There is no reason you would be hanging out there unless you lived very close by, the same applies to Homerton High Street. I was particularly tickled to see her posing just along from my old GP surgery, which has bars on the windows and where I once saw a man arrested for attacking one of the doctors whilst I waited for my flu jab. That whole area really is incredibly unpleasant and very run down, with copious amounts of drug dealing, gang violence and crime. Sadly I’m speaking as both a witness and a victim, no arbitrary stereotyping here I’m afraid. She’s an idiot for posting some of the photos she does, anyone who knows the area between Chatsworth road and the Eagle would be able to work out pretty much exactly where she lives without any effort. Silly girl. But yeah to summarise, she has indeed moved to one of the naffest, nastiest areas in Hackney - that was my experience of it anyway. She was probably hoping for Upper Clapton/Stokie but had to settle for Homerton instead. Sad trombone.
I don’t get it. With that kind of budget she could have bought something smaller in a nicer area. Why buy such a big house when you live alone?

Reactions: 15
I should hope she’s praying for fellow influencers to contribute to the gentrification! I bet she laments that there isn’t an Ozone coffee nearer to her than London Fields 😭

• Sick
Reactions: 11
Thanks for the insight, @fc0795, especially for those of us who don't know London very well. Perhaps she's already been a victim of the crime in her area; remember when her phone got stolen (I can't recall if that was before or after she moved into the new house)? As for why she'd buy a house there, Lizzy probably thought she could get in early before the real gentrification began.

Reactions: 10
I should hope she’s praying for fellow influencers to contribute to the gentrification! I bet she laments that there isn’t an Ozone coffee nearer to her than London Fields 😭
I saw her there two weeks ago. It’a long coffee walk. And it’s also miles from Lindsey’s place. Based on their pics I thought they both lived in the cool areas of east London. But goes to show the discrepancies between what they ‘share’ and the reality of their lives. Nothing to aspire to in many levels.

You can now also enjoy her music…

…’ everything I had I want it back….’

Attachments

Reactions: 7
Thanks for the insight, @fc0795, especially for those of us who don't know London very well. Perhaps she's already been a victim of the crime in her area; remember when her phone got stolen (I can't recall if that was before or after she moved into the new house)? As for why she'd buy a house there, Lizzy probably thought she could get in early before the real gentrification began.
Absolutely right, the prices in that area are already obscene, and they will probably skyrocket in the next few years with all the development going on a few Overground stops away in Stratford. All those yummy-mummy, middle-class Victorian terraces with the bifold door kitchen extension, retro tiled bathroom, tasteful wooden window shutters, the banana palm in the corner, the ironic plant pot shaped like a pair of tits yawn yawn yawn are hot property, even if it is Homerton. She has made a wise investment but I wouldn’t want to bloody live there 😂 She’d best get a Banham lock fitted on her front door whilst she waits for the gentrification to properly set in, that would be my advice 🌝👍🏻

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Absolutely right, the prices in that area are already obscene, and they will probably skyrocket in the next few years with all the development going on a few Overground stops away in Stratford. All those yummy-mummy, middle-class Victorian terraces with the bifold door kitchen extension, retro tiled bathroom, tasteful wooden window shutters, the banana palm in the corner, the ironic plant pot shaped like a pair of tits yawn yawn yawn are hot property, even if it is Homerton. She has made a wise investment but I wouldn’t want to bloody live there 😂 She’d best get a Banham lock fitted on her front door whilst she waits for the gentrification to properly set in, that would be my advice 🌝👍🏻
Hahahah “the ironic plant pot shaped like a pair of tits” - I die 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Sooooo true
Yawn

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I wonder if this will be Lizzy's forever home, or truly just an "investment" like her first house. I think it's very much in the realm of possibility that she will decide to try living elsewhere (like New York) for an extended period of time, and lease out her home as an AirBnb or rental. In which case, ugh, how utterly boring: "Rich girl buys house, fixes up as rental, sells when area is acceptably pricey."

Reactions: 15
Thanks for this insight!
However, with the budget she had for the house she could have gone for areas like Stokey, Finsbury Park etc

I wonder if this will be Lizzy's forever home, or truly just an "investment" like her first house. I think it's very much in the realm of possibility that she will decide to try living elsewhere (like New York) for an extended period of time, and lease out her home as an AirBnb or rental. In which case, ugh, how utterly boring: "Rich girl buys house, fixes up as rental, sells when area is acceptably pricey."
Agreed, I can’t see her staying there as her forever home. Besides, she seemed happier in Canada / US.

Reactions: 6
So she's just posted a new vlog where she talks about her plans for the house and new york.

In the vlog she also features a cat which she's allowed into the house and walk around. I'm not a big cat fan and obviously never owned one, but I do think it's really unfair she's allowed this cat in whilst Luigi's away. How confusing will it be for him if and when he gets back and his home smells of another cat? If she can't be arsed to be with Luigi cos she'd rather go galavanting round NYC at the very least She should respect that this is his home and stranger cats are a no go till he's back

Reactions: 22
Her approach to owning a pet is so weird. Surely she feels bad? I wonder what she tells people so as to get rid of her own guilt. She’s used him for emotional support during lockdown, and then fucked off as soon as possible for a lack lustre, completely inessential, extended trip away

Reactions: 17
Well, I’m more of a dog person myself and I find the way she presents Luigi with all this baby talking annoying, so in a way I’m glad she does not post him that much, but at the same time I feel bad for him. Lizzy is just so selfish.

Reactions: 12
So she's just posted a new vlog where she talks about her plans for the house and new york.

In the vlog she also features a cat which she's allowed into the house and walk around. I'm not a big cat fan and obviously never owned one, but I do think it's really unfair she's allowed this cat in whilst Luigi's away. How confusing will it be for him if and when he gets back and his home smells of another cat? If she can't be arsed to be with Luigi cos she'd rather go galavanting round NYC at the very least She should respect that this is his home and stranger cats are a no go till he's back
Yeah, that's a massive no-no for cats. Weird that anyone would be that ignorant and insensitive really. Probably better than he just stays with her Mum for good - she's not mature enough for that kind of responsibility.

Reactions: 16
She's clearly used that cat as an accessory and then brushed him off when he became inconvenient - kind of selfish but it happens often unfortunately.

I'd be interested to know what the visa situation is when going to America? You can visit for up to 90 days but obtaining a residents visa is a different process.

Reactions: 13
Just saw the video and it is crazy how many things people in this thread predicted! The moving to NY part time, the renting out her home, the poor cat being left at her mom's...

I agree that Luigi is probably better of staying with Anne at this point and it's definitely not near as bad as "rehoming" aka abandoning a pet like Lindsay did, but it still reads like 'crapy person' to me.

And like what is up with the bathroom looking old already? how can half her grout look dingy and grey? I wonder how the tiling company that gifted her the tiles and etc feel about this result. I am sure they were expecting Lucy Williams/Pandora Sykes/Matilda Goad kind of results and instead they got generic rental flat bathroom from 2002 instead.

To be honest 4 or 5 years ago, when I discovered Lizzy on youtube I really liked her and enjoyed her content. I think I got her on my suggested due to some Buffy the Vampire slayer content I had watched and thought "oh she is nice, I could def hang out with her, we seem to have a lot of things in common". But for a long time ti feels like watching someone who had potential making all the bad choices as an act of teenage rebellion. I think the friendship with Lindsay is toxic for both of them, but more so for Lizzy. Back in the day she did not seem like the person who needed to drink, sleep around and be a 'pick me girl' to have fun. I wonder if one of them will ever realise this and break it off. At the end of the day no matter her money and free stuff, I feel sorry for her not having a real, true friend to support and guide her..

• Heart
I've watched a few of the NY videos thinking there would be something entertaining to watch and it's just 'hey guys, going to go out and grab a coffee then come back and read a book', cut to the next bit, 'hey guys going to pop out for some drink with X, this is what I'm wearing..'.

To call it boring is an understatement :sleep:

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.