Lizzy Hadfield #2 Her claim to fame is a notebook with her name.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't believe we've actually filled a Lizzy thread in only *checks calendar* five months! Any suggestions on new thread titles? Should it be about her gripping bestseller? Do we incorporate newly single gal-about-town Lindsey?

Reactions: 6
Since there is a ‘B’ theme, can we add BJ to the title

Boobs, booze, bones, and BJ
Boobs, booze, bones and infectious BJs 💦 (I'd suggest "...and penisillin" but I guess that's against guidelines :sneaky:)

• Sick
Reactions: 9
I wonder if BJ meets the guidelines? I guess it's at least a bit ambiguous...maybe there's lots of Boris Johnson talk in the thread etc? ha.

• Haha
I read through the sample of their book, I don't hate it :censored: Someone mentioned Lindsey is unhinged - I agreed. You can tell that Lizzy is the more mature one

• Haha
I read through the sample of their book, I don't hate it :censored: Someone mentioned Lindsey is unhinged - I agreed. You can tell that Lizzy is the more mature one
Well that's a sentence I didn't think I`d read today. None of them strike me as incredibly mature

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I honestly never take notice of these quotes anymore. I think many influencers and that group of journalists (Pandora, Dolly etc) will just add their praise to any book if it's a friend with a large following. Then they know they will also probably get a recommendation/review/quote to that person's following in return.

Because do we seriously believe Pandora liked the book?.. I'm gonna go with a no.

There was a similar discussion about book quotes and if they are genuine in the Dolly and Pandora joint thread.
Yes exactly! But feels like a new low for Pandora.

As someone who’s not in the U.K., I have no idea who Pandora is, so that makes it even more of an empty quote for me.

Reactions: 4
Has anyone read her piece for vogue, while I appreciate losing a parent at 17 must be beyond difficult and I will never understand how hard it is. But this piece really missed the mark, it’s total waffle and maybe I missed something while skimming but they’re didn’t seem to be any point of what written besides “losing dad at 17” “lockdown helped me come to terms with grief” “I did counselling” repeated over and over
BC0C59A4-B7F4-4A3A-8409-FFA1E4A94A34.png

• Wow
Has anyone read her piece for vogue, while I appreciate losing a parent at 17 must be beyond difficult and I will never understand how hard it is. But this piece really missed the mark, it’s total waffle and maybe I missed something while skimming but they’re didn’t seem to be any point of what written besides “losing dad at 17” “lockdown helped me come to terms with grief” “I did counselling” repeated over and over View attachment 595536
"It happened to be the first of a number of deaths to happen in my family in relatively quick succession..."

"...that bad things do happen, and they
happen to those people who had been..."

I gave it a read and found this in the first paragraphs. Maybe I'm biased, because our teacher constantly repeats that you should switch things up and avoid re-using the same words over and over, but I'd imagine more effort if you write for vogue.

Stylistic devices aside, I didn't find anything remarking and, which was strange as she described the aftermath of her parent death, personal. Just bunch of words fluffed up twice their volume to fill the space. She's used the word journey 7 times, too, and it read like a mantra to persuade the reader that she's moved on...and if you need to highlight that so loudly, it looses any spark.

Idk, if I make any sense, either she hasn't improved as much as she claims (and in that case should have probably decline the offer to write this article) or she's a terrible writer. It lacked any deeper emotion.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.