Little things that annoy you immensely #15

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is so petty of me, but I need to get it off my chest. We have a few online groups in my town for giving stuff away for free, and requesting stuff for free. It's usually like "I'm getting a new sofa, does anyone need an old sofa?" or "My fridge just broke down, is anyone getting rid of a fridge in working order?"

Last week, there was a woman fishing on there saying she needed a set of Christmas pyjamas for a family of five. What the bloody hell? There is no way on Earth you actually need matching Xmas pyjamas, you're literally going to wear them once before your kids outgrow them. And just how selfish and entitled, like they can just ask for such a niche, stupid, unneccesary thing when the groups are full of posts from people who don't have their own mattresses or towels.

Bah, humbug lol.
Oh god there's a woman on all the local Facebook pages here that basically uses them as her own personal begging bowl. "Is anyone gifting XYZ?" 2 or 3 times a week, and she's always there asking "can I be considered" whenever anyone is offering anything. I don't think she even needs half of it, she just likes a freebie.
I also think she's selling some of it on. There was a post last week offering some toddler boys clothes for anyone who might be struggling. She was straight in there tying to claim them, when I know for a fact she only has a daughter, and she's way past the toddler stage. She didn't get them.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Last week, there was a woman fishing on there saying she needed a set of Christmas pyjamas for a family of five. What the bloody hell? There is no way on Earth you actually need matching Xmas pyjamas, you're literally going to wear them once before your kids outgrow them.
To be honest, I would have a lot more respect for the matching Xmas pyjama thing if it was done in a hand-me-down, charity shop, family exchange, maybe even hand-made fashion instead of yummy mummies descending on Primark every year to buy half a dozen new pyjamas for one time use. Still it is not a high priority thing.

Reactions: 8
My husband is annoying me so much while he's off work. He's the loveliest person but my god I'm ready for him to bugger off work. I forgot how immature he can be- finding poo jokes funny etc- its so infantile.Why do some men still find this funny? Just doing my head in...you would never think he flew planes for a living, you'd never get on the aircraft if you knew how immature he was at times. He's driving me loopy atm.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
People (and it's nearly always older people - sorry mum!) who have the sounds on their phone. For notifications, calls, keyboard sounds etc. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Most likely been posted before but people on Facebook who copy and paste things like, “I know most people won’t comment, but if we were really friends you’d post below how we met, like my post and then share” or “I’m posting this as to retain legal rights to my photos and I give no permission to Facebook to use them” or some other such bollocks!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
People (and it's nearly always older people - sorry mum!) who have the sounds on their phone. For notifications, calls, keyboard sounds etc. 🤦🏻‍♀️
It's because it's not easy to turn these things off. I used to build my own and everyone else's PC back in the day, used to be the 1st one called to get rid of viruses and spyware and yet these days I hate even having to set up a PC or a phone. every new phone or upgrade changes how things are done. Every time tech gets better it gets harder for those who used to be good or even just ok with it. There comes a time when there is no more room to learn yet another new thing. These things should get easier and less complicated not worse.

The default on phones should be no sounds and then most oldies would not have them.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
When you see people doing their crafts/sewing on Facebook and their cats are sitting all over the project. Especially when they’re making something for someone else 🤢 The fact that they take a photo and make out it’s cute just cringes me out, I wouldn’t want cat hairs and god knows what else all over my stuff 🤢
oops I’m one of those people. I do wash the items I make though and the people in my life that I sew for are fine with it.

Reactions: 1
People who display no sense of empathy or understanding the point of a conversation/discussion/lack relevance but still offer some pointless words you have to listen to or read and they go on their merry way as though they’ve contributed helpfully….

Like… “the lock on my bathroom door has started to become really stiff”

some people might say “oh we had that, it could be the cold weather” or “sounds like you might need a new lock” or “ah that’s really annoying”

these people say things like “LOL. We don’t have a lock on our bathroom door!” Or “our lock is state of the art and solid gold” or just “our fridge beeps when it’s open too long”

• Haha
Reactions: 9
A friend telling me to watch a 2h 15 min movie.

I pretended that I was interested, watched the trailer for it, then looked up the plot online.

I commented- saying I knew it would end up like the "Talented Mr Ripley".

They correctly guessed that I didn't watch it, saying that they hate it when I did this (look up plots).

I'm annoyed that they're annoyed at me for not watching a movie, I didn't want to watch in the first place.
It's one thing to just recommend but I hate it when people constantly corner you about whether you've watched it yet. No Becky, I don't even watch the gifs you send, I'm not sitting through a 2 hour long documentary video about some random murder in Korea from the 90s that never got solved. Let me bleeping live.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
It's one thing to just recommend but I hate it when people constantly corner you about whether you've watched it yet. No Becky, I don't even watch the gifs you send, I'm not sitting through a 2 hour long documentary video about some random murder in Korea from the 90s that never got solved. Let me bleeping live.
This but also with cult gameshows.

"Don't you watch Taskmaster?"
"No."
"Oh it's brilliant! How it works is ..."

Thanks, but there's a reason I don't watch it. 🥱

• Haha
Reactions: 21
This but also with cult gameshows.

"Don't you watch Taskmaster?"
"No."
"Oh it's brilliant! How it works is ..."

Thanks, but there's a reason I don't watch it. 🥱
100% this. Friend who loves all the Marvel bollocks. The two kids watch and enjoy, but I’m just not interested. She’ll go on and on and on… by the end I’ve heard the plot so there was no point watching it anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Yeah, it's not that I've never heard of it, I'm just not interested. 🤣
Had a male friend who - when our pub was quiet - would usually be the last one around, and I’d agree that I’d put Amazon Prime (or whatever) on the big TV for him to watch whatever… as was usually just him, and the staff left.

Many things I was half-watching (he seemed very into StarWars) but he’d always chime-in with “oooh this is the best bit” or “just wait for the reveal who that is” or “you’ll never guess what’s in there”

Like, yeah, cheers Matt. It was reasonably tense until you said that.

• Haha
I hate roasts ( I don't, just an example) Ah yes but you have never tasted mine, you would die for mine, everyone loves them, even people who hate roasts. 🙄

• Haha
I hate roasts ( I don't, just an example) Ah yes but you have never tasted mine, you would die for mine, everyone loves them, even people who hate roasts. 🙄
Haha yeah, and then they'll pressure you to try it and you'll say it's nice to be polite and they'll carry on the "see they love it! one roast to rule them all" saga while everyone else just wants to be left alone with their particular food hate. 🙄

Reactions: 4
My ex FIL used to say you want to do this, you want to buy that, you want to go there…
No, I don’t want to do any of that

• Haha
Reactions: 6
People slowly wandering around lost in thought or looking at their phone. Wake up bleeping zombie, there are other people around you and you're in their way. And they always park themselves in the most annoying place like the middle of a shopping aisle or down the middle of a pavement where you can't overtake them

Reactions: 13
Had a male friend who - when our pub was quiet - would usually be the last one around, and I’d agree that I’d put Amazon Prime (or whatever) on the big TV for him to watch whatever… as was usually just him, and the staff left.

Many things I was half-watching (he seemed very into StarWars) but he’d always chime-in with “oooh this is the best bit” or “just wait for the reveal who that is” or “you’ll never guess what’s in there”

Like, yeah, cheers Matt. It was reasonably tense until you said that.
We had some friends over this week and played a couples quiz, me and the husband were on the verge of winning and the question was name a Star Wars film...I put Chamber of secrets to piss him off (he's had some days off to 'spend with the kids' and spent them all watching star wars and darts). 😈

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Hairdresser: Are you watching Celebrity Big Dancing on Ice with Singing?

Me: No.

Hairdresser: Oh.

*visibly brightens*

Have you seen Big Celebrity Dives in the Outback?

• Haha
Reactions: 11