Little things that annoy you immensely #15

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm lucky enough to be off work until Saturday. What time have I woken up each day anyway? 6am. At the latest 🙃 bleeping body clocks. Guarantee I'll be catatonic when I *have* to start waking up again.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
When you see people doing their crafts/sewing on Facebook and their cats are sitting all over the project. Especially when they’re making something for someone else 🤢 The fact that they take a photo and make out it’s cute just cringes me out, I wouldn’t want cat hairs and god knows what else all over my stuff 🤢

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
People who ask you for a favour, but they don’t tell you what they want because they want you to agree first. Tell me what you want, and then I’ll tell you if I can do it for you!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
People who ask you for a favour, but they don’t tell you what they want because they want you to agree first. Tell me what you want, and then I’ll tell you if I can do it for you!
This, but also when people assertively volunteer you to do something on your behalf. Like my brother is going to the airport next month. We were talking about his trip over Christmas and my Dad pipes up that maybe I could give my brother a lift to the airport. Errrr, how about no, I don’t want to drive all that way at 4 in the morning when it’s a bloody weekday I’ll be working, and knowing my brother he won’t offer petrol money :rolleyes: I snapped and said sorry no I’m working that day, book a cab, or better yet, my dad take him as he’s self employed and can move his days/hours about. I hate being volunteered for stuff before I have a chance to ask what it is or to get ready to say no.

Reactions: 20
Omg when to the pharmacy to collect my prescription and the way people were talking to the poor assistant was absolutely terrible
How do people stay in these customer facing roles when the customers are bastards 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Omg when to the pharmacy to collect my prescription and the way people were talking to the poor assistant was absolutely terrible
How do people stay in these customer facing roles when the customers are bastards 🤷‍♀️
My three worst jobs for people being absolute twats were working in a supermarket, a waitress in a cafe at a huge art gallery and a GP receptionist. People are foul, especially at this time of the year.

Reactions: 15
News reporters telling us not to go out in a storm...whilst doing an outside broadcast from the middle of the storm.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
This, but also when people assertively volunteer you to do something on your behalf. Like my brother is going to the airport next month. We were talking about his trip over Christmas and my Dad pipes up that maybe I could give my brother a lift to the airport. Errrr, how about no, I don’t want to drive all that way at 4 in the morning when it’s a bloody weekday I’ll be working, and knowing my brother he won’t offer petrol money :rolleyes: I snapped and said sorry no I’m working that day, book a cab, or better yet, my dad take him as he’s self employed and can move his days/hours about. I hate being volunteered for stuff before I have a chance to ask what it is or to get ready to say no.
My husband does this. Oh ask mummy mummy will do it and it's usually something annoying or messy or going outside and I really don't want to but he's told them I will now so I have to

Reactions: 4
Businesses who don’t update their opening hours on their websites or Google. I was really looking forward to a nice breakfast on my way home from Somerset this morning and the place I‘d planned to go to was closed. Nothing on their website, Google or any social media to indicate that holiday hours might apply.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
When people get under my feet in the kitchen, it’s very small and narrow, barely room to turn around and I keep finding people behind me or in my way when I’ve got hot pots and trays in my hand. Just stay out the way ffs
---
News reporters telling us not to go out in a storm...whilst doing an outside broadcast from the middle of the storm.
When they say don’t travel unless it’s essential, well who decides if it’s essential or not? I can’t imagine my boss being sympathetic if I rang up and said I don’t think it’s essential that I come to work today.

• Haha
They have to pay their rent and feed their kids.

It's worse in fast food places where customers can be entitled.

People who take their Christmas decorations down on Boxing Day cos they “can’t stand the clutter” even though they’ve had them up since Halloween!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
This is so petty of me, but I need to get it off my chest. We have a few online groups in my town for giving stuff away for free, and requesting stuff for free. It's usually like "I'm getting a new sofa, does anyone need an old sofa?" or "My fridge just broke down, is anyone getting rid of a fridge in working order?"

Last week, there was a woman fishing on there saying she needed a set of Christmas pyjamas for a family of five. What the bloody hell? There is no way on Earth you actually need matching Xmas pyjamas, you're literally going to wear them once before your kids outgrow them. And just how selfish and entitled, like they can just ask for such a niche, stupid, unneccesary thing when the groups are full of posts from people who don't have their own mattresses or towels.

Bah, humbug lol.

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Matching Christmas pyjamas are my seasonal bugbear. Dreadful.
I love them! :LOL:
---
A friend telling me to watch a 2h 15 min movie.

I pretended that I was interested, watched the trailer for it, then looked up the plot online.

I commented- saying I knew it would end up like the "Talented Mr Ripley".

They correctly guessed that I didn't watch it, saying that they hate it when I did this (look up plots).

I'm annoyed that they're annoyed at me for not watching a movie, I didn't want to watch in the first place.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Matching Christmas pyjamas are my seasonal bugbear. Dreadful.
Literally why would anyone "need" them, lol? So they can spend ten stressful minutes trying to look like the perfect fun family on Instagram on Xmas morning?

This is so petty of me, but I need to get it off my chest. We have a few online groups in my town for giving stuff away for free, and requesting stuff for free. It's usually like "I'm getting a new sofa, does anyone need an old sofa?" or "My fridge just broke down, is anyone getting rid of a fridge in working order?"

Last week, there was a woman fishing on there saying she needed a set of Christmas pyjamas for a family of five. What the bloody hell? There is no way on Earth you actually need matching Xmas pyjamas, you're literally going to wear them once before your kids outgrow them. And just how selfish and entitled, like they can just ask for such a niche, stupid, unneccesary thing when the groups are full of posts from people who don't have their own mattresses or towels.

Bah, humbug lol.
Those groups now piss me off big time. They remind me of reality talent shows where everyone needs a sob story to get anywhere. All posting anonymously and all reasons getting wilder as each day passes.

I never sell anything I always give my items away but had to leave those groups as it is either what I said above or the same people asking for every single item offered. Admin doesn't seem to give a shite so I have left them all and now give to a local community group where they sell for two different prices one higher for those not on a low income and a lower price for those that are neither price is very high but all brings in needed income for the community and the beggers can go F right off.

Reactions: 6
Those groups now piss me off big time. They remind me of reality talent shows where everyone needs a sob story to get anywhere. All posting anonymously and all reasons getting wilder as each day passes.

I never sell anything I always give my items away but had to leave those groups as it is either what I said above or the same people asking for every single item offered. Admin doesn't seem to give a shite so I have left them all and now give to a local community group where they sell for two different prices one higher for those not on a low income and a lower price for those that are neither price is very high but all brings in needed income for the community and the beggers can go F right off.
There’s a woman in our local community larder WhatsApp group who drives me insane, I’ve tried to block her but I still see her messages.

I don’t even know why she’s in the group because she’s not local and doesn’t drive.

Every time someone posts anything she replies with something like: wish I could get there, shame I can’t get there, I wish it was closer, bummer I can’t there, that’s a shame I’d love that, can anyone bring me that.

I’m not going to do a 19 mile round trip just so you can have a free pint of milk.

• Haha