Little things in life that annoy you immensely

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh and the washing machine recently FIXED has developed a leak from one of the pipes, just discovered it, thankfully getting sorted next week.

When something has kicked off and threads on here get busy and people ask "What has happened? Can someone fill me in?" 🤦‍♀️:rolleyes::LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
People eating with their mouth open, my partner and step son do it at every meal and I put on Alexa to drown out the sounds
I also hate when I bump into things and hurt myself.. like when I walk into the bin because I’m too fat to fit in between it and the table and I get all frustrated and annoyed at myself and curse out loud and my partner starts shouting in what’s happened why you angry 😫😫🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
The way corned beef tins are made! Why the f##k are they not circular?! I'm 30 and I have not yet had the thrill of being able to open one without the key snapping off!
People who don't say thank you with their hand when you wait what feels like forever for them to drive through! I've often shouted 'You're welcome' at them while they drive past.
People who decide to have a mothers meeting in the middle of an aisle in a supermarket. I've lost count of how many times I've said 'excuse me' and been ignored!
People who take up mother and baby spaces when they have no visible children!
Bad hygiene. It's just pure laziness!
People who only talk about themselves, being self obsessed is a horrible trait.
Currently, 'influencers' who take up shopping slots when they are not in any way classed as vulnerable.

Reactions: 5
Irritating noises 😬 anything constant, like ticking etc. When people are playing with the coins in their pocket. Rustling something really loud.

Reactions: 2
The way corned beef tins are made! Why the f##k are they not circular?! I'm 30 and I have not yet had the thrill of being able to open one without the key snapping off!
People who don't say thank you with their hand when you wait what feels like forever for them to drive through! I've often shouted 'You're welcome' at them while they drive past.
People who decide to have a mothers meeting in the middle of an aisle in a supermarket. I've lost count of how many times I've said 'excuse me' and been ignored!
People who take up mother and baby spaces when they have no visible children!
Bad hygiene. It's just pure laziness!
People who only talk about themselves, being self obsessed is a horrible trait.
Currently, 'influencers' who take up shopping slots when they are not in any way classed as vulnerable.
Yesssss i agree with absolutely all of these...

We could definitley be friends!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
People making comments on your food in the communal kitchen at work. Sometimes even peering into your tupperware to have a good nose: "oOoOoh what have you got there?!" Get your face out of my microwave rice, please! Just because you are a foodie doesn't mean you can interrogate every body's lunch. Every day!
Hahaha you would hate to work with me 😂

My pet hate is people who stand up on public transport when there are seats available. Along with people who put their bags on the seats of packed public transport.

People armchair diagnosing
People using the word manic to describe someone who isn’t experiencing mania
Heavy breathers
Wet bins
People with chubby/stubby fingers (sorry!)
When you finally find your cat/dog to give cuddles to and it fucks off

I have just discovered I've been kicked out of a Facebook group, all I did was report a post which was very offensive.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
People on Facebook inviting you to buy tit fake perfume/make up. duck OFF!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
My neighbours they are a pair of c**t buckets ... especially the wife ..... and to cap it all she had a friend around yesterday!!😡

if she’s out on Thursday clapping for the NHS !!

People making comments on your food in the communal kitchen at work. Sometimes even peering into your tupperware to have a good nose: "oOoOoh what have you got there?!" Get your face out of my microwave rice, please! Just because you are a foodie doesn't mean you can interrogate every body's lunch. Every day!
I hate it too but less as an annoyance it makes me deeply uncomfortable having someone comment on my good, especially around colleagues. Even when I buy a sandwich from pret sometimes, but far worse if I bring something in from home. I’m not generally very insecure or shy at work but for some reason really nervous about exposing this side of myself.

Anyone else get that ?

People using the word manic to describe someone who isn’t experiencing mania
Yes. I think the internet is responsible for spreading an incorrect use of certain psychological terms, they’ve become slang for general situations that are only vaguely related to something very serious and specific.
OCD - long been misused to mean ‘tidy’ to the extent many people don’t realise obsessive compulsive behaviour can take many forms and isn’t limited to keeping things clean. What’s worrying about
ignorance like that is it might cause true struggles with OCD to be dismissed “she’s not even that tidy.”

Bipolar - to mean mood swings. Or even worse something entirely abstract. My ex used to describe the weather in New York that way. Then when it came to breaking up, me. 🙄 Neither accurate but he lacked the vocabulary or insight to describe me as anything other than ‘bi polar.’ I think it minimises how serious and damaging the condition actually can be.

Schizophrenic- similar to above in that it perpetuates misunderstanding of something very serious to mean something more trivial and vague. I feel you don’t hear ‘schizo’ so much these days and bi polar has replaced it. The most ignorant part was that schizophrenic means split personality, when that’s a very rare possibility. Hollywood hasn’t helped either in creating an image of a schizophrenic as someone to be feared, likely violent rather than sympathised with and helped.

PTSD - the newest, and possibly worst I’ve . It was Tana Mongeau whose use of it really stood out for me in her mtv show as so inappropriate. A bad experience reminding her of something earlier in her life and she was “totally upset and PTSD’ed” (not verbatim but it was some very bizarre use of the term like that). Don’t really have much more to say on that.

Reactions: 5
I hate it too but less as an annoyance it makes me deeply uncomfortable having someone comment on my good, especially around colleagues. Even when I buy a sandwich from pret sometimes, but far worse if I bring something in from home. I’m not generally very insecure or shy at work but for some reason really nervous about exposing this side of myself.

Anyone else get that ?

Yes. I think the internet is responsible for spreading an incorrect use of certain psychological terms, they’ve become slang for general situations that are only vaguely related to something very serious and specific.
OCD - long been misused to mean ‘tidy’ to the extent many people don’t realise obsessive compulsive behaviour can take many forms and isn’t limited to keeping things clean. What’s worrying about
ignorance like that is it might cause true struggles with OCD to be dismissed “she’s not even that tidy.”

Bipolar - to mean mood swings. Or even worse something entirely abstract. My ex used to describe the weather in New York that way. Then when it came to breaking up, me. 🙄 Neither accurate but he lacked the vocabulary or insight to describe me as anything other than ‘bi polar.’ I think it minimises how serious and damaging the condition actually can be.

Schizophrenic- similar to above in that it perpetuates misunderstanding of something very serious to mean something more trivial and vague. I feel you don’t hear ‘schizo’ so much these days and bi polar has replaced it. The most ignorant part was that schizophrenic means split personality, when that’s a very rare possibility. Hollywood hasn’t helped either in creating an image of a schizophrenic as someone to be feared, likely violent rather than sympathised with and helped.

PTSD - the newest, and possibly worst I’ve . It was Tana Mongeau whose use of it really stood out for me in her mtv show as so inappropriate. A bad experience reminding her of something earlier in her life and she was “totally upset and PTSD’ed” (not verbatim but it was some very bizarre use of the term like that). Don’t really have much more to say on that.
You're not the only one, I'm also self-conscious. Then everyone feels the need to scrutinize your eating habits, regardless of your figure, as your eating habits don't fit the standard accepted mould, because even though you're not hungry, feel just fine and have had your habit for years, you "must eat breakfast!! How can you function without?! It's the most important meal of the day!" Spoiler alert: it's not. :cautious::rolleyes: I'm fine, I'm healthy, leave me be o_O

The overuse and misuse of words is indeed a bit of a problem, but other writing standards (online) aren't much better.
The worst is catching myself making common typo mistakes! Being timed-out to edit is even more vexing. :eek:

when I'm at work and I pick up a voicemail that just says please ring me on xxxx, then when you call them back they don't know why I'm calling. Drives me nuts!

Also, when you are having lunch at work, or eating out, and somebody comments on your portion size and makes you feel like an absolute pig - "you're not going to eat all of that, are you?!". I just like food, alright?!

Totally get what you’re saying about it being annoying.

But I’ve heard that it apparently an old etiquette thing. That you leave a little bit of food in your plate, even if you’ve had seconds etc. To say to the host that you have been satisfied, you’ve had enough food, and to signal to the host they made enough food, that sort of thing.
I had an etiquette book when I was younger . It said you should always leave some food on your plate for Miss Manners

when I'm at work and I pick up a voicemail that just says please ring me on xxxx, then when you call them back they don't know why I'm calling. Drives me nuts!

Also, when you are having lunch at work, or eating out, and somebody comments on your portion size and makes you feel like an absolute pig - "you're not going to eat all of that, are you?!". I just like food, alright?!
duck yes I’m going to eat all this!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.