Little things in life that annoy you immensely

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had an etiquette book when I was younger . It said you should always leave some food on your plate for Miss Manners
I think that's rather old fashioned, though I've never heard of this. Kids are always raised to eat their plates clean and etiquette changes over time, ie such wastefulness doesn't fit into today's social conscience.
I am surprised by such etiquette advice, esp considering all the wars of the past century and people barely making do... Though not everyone had rationing etc.

I'm waffling, anyway, quite interesting to learn! 🙈

Reactions: 3
I think that's rather old fashioned, though I've never heard of this. Kids are always raised to eat their plates clean and etiquette changes over time, ie such wastefulness doesn't fit into today's social conscience.
I am surprised by such etiquette advice, esp considering all the wars of the past century and people barely making do... Though not everyone had rationing etc.

I'm waffling, anyway, quite interesting to learn! 🙈

Just to add I don't do it I always clear my plate and help the kids clear theirs 🐖🐖 I like food and don't like waste.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Things my husband does daily, that get right on my tits include
-biting his nails loudly, the noise goes right through me and every time he does it, looks at me and knows I’m going to get pissy
-leaves things to soak in the sink, but piles all the dishes in top so I have to drain it all to be able to wash up
-sits on my velvet sofa cushions awkwardly so they get all squashed

To balance it out, as other people bar him annoy me...grown adults writing “he’s been” and posting pictures of all the presents on Facebook on Christmas morning. Bore off!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Things my husband does daily, that get right on my tits include
-biting his nails loudly, the noise goes right through me and every time he does it, looks at me and knows I’m going to get pissy
-leaves things to soak in the sink, but piles all the dishes in top so I have to drain it all to be able to wash up
-sits on my velvet sofa cushions awkwardly so they get all squashed

To balance it out, as other people bar him annoy me...grown adults writing “he’s been” and posting pictures of all the presents on Facebook on Christmas morning. Bore off!
‘has he been!?’ 😭😭

• Haha
I really hate all photos of that type. Piles of presents, birthdays, Christmas. No one needs to know how little or how much your household is buying.

This though, i hate it. Its just horrible and very much look what i have. Eugh. Sad that people define their worth by bragging about material goods.

Reactions: 5
People that have dinner before 6pm. Are you not starving by 9?? 🤣

YES! If i go to my mums for tea, we eat sooooooo early (between 4 and 5) and im starving when i get home by 9/10 its ridiculous 😳 i nornally eat at 7/8ish depending on my work schedule

• Heart
Reactions: 1
All of the virus buzz words. They start parroting different catchphrases on the news then everyone starts bleating the same things over and over on Facebook. Social distancing, shielding, furlough, self isolating, at this time, new normal 🤢

YES! If i go to my mums for tea, we eat sooooooo early (between 4 and 5) and im starving when i get home by 9/10 its ridiculous 😳 i nornally eat at 7/8ish depending on my work schedule
In the lockdown we are having tea at lunchtime! It’s fab, no gearing up to teatime and everything done and dusted . Then have a snack in the evening, just like the oldies do!

Two things annoy me above all others:

1) Adults who use a scooter. It's not cool. If you want to get somewhere faster use a bike. If not, just walk like a normal person.
2) Adverts that make it look like babies are singing/talking. There used to be one for a breakdown company possibly The AA with the baby singing Proud Mary. There's a new one for an injury lawyer 'have you had an accident at work' company.

Just typing this out has made me want to punch something.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
When do you eat lunch? I have dinner around 5pm otherwise I’m starving, then have a snack if I’m hungry later on

People who have a really extravagant nose picking session (in both nostrils at the same time) but, because they are using a tissue, think it's totally acceptable in a public place
Ooh I love a good pick, but only in the privacy of my own home

I have thought if another.
I have two Facebook friends who are (were) cabin crew and they would always post photos of their “office” literally a photo of somewhere sunny out of the airplane door before try fly back again. Boring!

• Haha
Two things annoy me above all others:

1) Adults who use a scooter. It's not cool. If you want to get somewhere faster use a bike. If not, just walk like a normal person.
2) Adverts that make it look like babies are singing/talking. There used to be one for a breakdown company possibly The AA with the baby singing Proud Mary. There's a new one for an injury lawyer 'have you had an accident at work' company.

Just typing this out has made me want to punch something.
I was called ‘sexy’ by a grown adult that wizzed past me on a scooter yesterday.

what a catch!!!

• Haha
  • Sick
People who spell definitely as defiantly.

People who spell divine as devine.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.