Little things in life that annoy you immensely #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Meetings at work where people send you appointments for when you are already in another meeting. Genuinely, how am I supposed to be in three places at once? It’s also lazy as rather than looking at calendars and finding a time, some people just send an appointment through and expect you to do the leg-work in rearranging all of your other meetings so you can go to theirs.

Also, people who put in back to back meetings when they can see that you already have an afternoon full. Zoom is terrible for this and I swear it’s made me develop a bladder of steel.
Just decline and say you're in another meeting. I started doing it and some people reschedule it to another time when I'm also already busy, then I decline again etc 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I'm on a train, sat in the entrance area (vestibule?)

About ten people have got on, they just stare at the automatic door to get into the carriage, pull it, look at it some more, look around-miss the large neon 'open' button, stand a bit more...Some people yank and drag the door, one guy wrenched it open and walked through then tries to close it...have none of them been on a train before??

• Haha

About ten people have got on, they just stare at the automatic door to get into the carriage, pull it, look at it some more, look around-miss the large neon 'open' button, stand a bit more...Some people yank and drag the door, one guy wrenched it open and walked through then tries to close it...have none of them been on a train before??
At an old job a few years ago we had to frequently travel into London to meet up with the colleagues there. It was finally decided that it would be fair to make the London cohort travel to us.

One of them got in a flap because she had never taken a train that wasn't the underground before and couldn't work out how to get a ticket. We had to give her very specific instructions on how to manage it and, come the day, she couldn't attend the meeting because she was 'ill.'

I wonder if she just couldn't work out how to get to the train :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 7

are you not in London? Londoners are so baffled by the concept of having to push a button… the old manual doors used to confuse people so much 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
are you not in London? Londoners are so baffled by the concept of having to push a button… the old manual doors used to confuse people so much 😂
I'm in Manchester. I hate it when I approach an automatic door and it doesn't open, I stand there thinking 'what you do next could make you look reallllyyy stupid!'

When you upload a photo of something you want to change as you no longer like it to a decorating group and people say "oh don't change it, it's lovely as it is"
Go away!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
People going around the place in facemasks worn as chin-hammocks. They are meant to cover your mouth and face, ffs .

Reactions: 14
Make-up pencils with a security tag sticker and a seemingly impenetrable layer of plastic, even on cheap brands (okay, I only buy them anyway). I know that they’re probably easy to shoplift but they’re like speedbumps, punish everybody.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Things my husband has done to annoy me this week (PMT alert 📢)
Dirty socks on the floor/anywhere but the laundry basket.
Not closing blinds when it’s dark.
Leaving a glass of water everywhere.
Cleaning up but always leaving one or two things lying about (just why???).
Eating too loud.
Breathing too loud.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Perfectly litter trained rabbits just dropping that one random poo on the kitchen floor just so you know your place as their servant 🙄

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
This probably sounds really minor but it drives me mad!

We have little cup holders in our car, located just below the dashboard on the driver's and passenger's side. For some unknown reason they get jammed shut and are a bugger to open again, so we just leave them open (we mainly use them to store our water bottles if we're out and about, or coffee, if we happen to grab one).

Every single time my MiL gets in our car, she pushes it shut, resulting in us having to fluff around with it constantly, trying to get it reopened. I have asked, and told her (firmly!), not to do it - heck, I even put a pretty label on it to say, DO NOT TOUCH, yet she keeps bloody doing it. I've even left a bottle of water in there, which she removes and throws to the floor of the car before jamming it shut.

It's not in the way - she just can't leave things alone.

Man, oh man, it pisses me off big time!! :mad:

When you upload a photo of something you want to change as you no longer like it to a decorating group and people say "oh don't change it, it's lovely as it is"
Go away!!
Hahaha! Oh, yes. I had a dozen round, shallow, baskets with handles that I used for my market stall and, with that no longer a thing, was wondering if anyone would like to buy them. I put a note up on a local decorating page and was inundated with people suggesting I should keep them, and offering up ways I might like to reuse them - including, hanging them on the wall - in a group - with nothing in them! 🥴 😬 🤣

I ended up gifting them to the hospice shop.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
People who think they deserve special red carpet treatment from the NHS because they "hardly ever use it", or have "paid a lot in".

Last edited:
  • Heart
I feel like I’ve posted this before but when people automatically assume you’re happy for their dog to be around you, or come up to you. For example there’s a salon I used to go to and the owner had a little dog, it was harmless but I still don’t think it’s professional to have it running around while you’re getting a haircut. You can’t say anything though because everyone loves dogs and you just look like a heartless witch 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Delivery people (usually leaflet distributors) walking across you garden to next door neighbours because there is no fence, so rude right past the front room window

Reactions: 8
I feel like I’ve posted this before but when people automatically assume you’re happy for their dog to be around you, or come up to you. For example there’s a salon I used to go to and the owner had a little dog, it was harmless but I still don’t think it’s professional to have it running around while you’re getting a haircut. You can’t say anything though because everyone loves dogs and you just look like a heartless witch 😂
Oh gosh I got a filthy look from a dog walker today cause I dodged their dog that ran up to me. I don't know your dog and I just want to get on with my day, it's not personal!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
This really annoyed me today.
A photographer was at my childs nursery today. The nursery sent parents an email to inform that they if they want a change of clothes to pack and label them. So I do this and put in my child’s best outfit and shoes.
I collected my child this afternoon to find them in the nice outfit they’d been photographed in, covered in bean stains.

I always send my child in ‘play clothes’ to nursery as they come back stained and filthy so that’s no bother, but I honestly thought today with parents sending in the best clothes that they’d take them off after the shoot :(

Another outfit ruined (and one of the best most expensive my child has!) as I can’t seem
To get out half of the bloody nursery stains!

• Wow
  • Sad
When people unnecessarily spread all their bags out across the spectator benches at swimming lessons so there’s less room for others to sit down.

When people unnecessarily spread all their bags out across the spectator benches at swimming lessons so there’s less room for others to sit down.
Same with trains. Was on a train today and the way people spread out their bags etc on a packed train just gives me the rage. Also, I moved seats because the woman across from me didn’t have a mask on. I made it clear why I was moving too 😂

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.