Little things in life that annoy you immensely #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When you’re washing your hair and your nail has split so bits of hair keep getting caught under the nail 😬😖

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
When I try to close an ad on here and accidentally click on the ad itself because the ‘close’ button is so tiny.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
The weird stereotype that white peoples like bland food and don’t know how to season food properly etc. Comedians are always going on about it. Such a strange….put down? Gets my back up any time I hear that. Maybe because I like my food as flavoursome as possible and I love spice (and I’m white).

Reactions: 10
The weird stereotype that white peoples like bland food and don’t know how to season food properly etc. Comedians are always going on about it. Such a strange….put down? Gets my back up any time I hear that. Maybe because I like my food as flavoursome as possible and I love spice (and I’m white).
It's a very old stereotype that just won't go away, isn't it? I can understand where it came from, but not why it's still around.

Reactions: 4
Accidentally catching the edge of a beer bottle in the shopping bag so I now have to wash the bag and hubby gets beer at 10 in the mor because apparantly it would be a shame to waste it🙄

Reactions: 3
I keep seeing that photo of mince and potatoes with the quote "all of Britain still eat like the Germans are flying overhead"
I'm like....not had that meal in as long as I remember guess I'm not British. Its so odd. For a generation that consider themselves very progressive they sure are stuck in the past a lot.

Reactions: 5
My cats have been on a killing spree ... three wild bunnies and four mice this week and counting ... and they've discarded one of their "gifts" in our house somewhere. We can smell it, but we can't find the darned thing ... we spent most of today tipping the house upside down trying to hunt down the source of this awful death smell, to no avail.
Haha why do they always bring them back?? (Cats in general) 😂 such a lovely treat - NOT

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Cyclists on the pavement, especially when they come up behind you. Either ride in the road or walk like the rest of us.

Reactions: 14
This. Except, I’d rather not have them on the road either 😬
Must admit they do annoy me, especially when they cycle side by side on back roads, oh and don't get me started on having to not pay road tax or insurance!

Worst vehicle etiquette I saw the other day - two teenagers, one giving a piggyback to the other, on the road, on an electric scooter 🤦‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Worst vehicle etiquette I saw the other day - two teenagers, one giving a piggyback to the other, on the road, on an electric scooter 🤦‍♀️
I saw a youth weaving in and out of traffic on one of these last week, he was doing over 40mph. No helmet obvs but at least he wasn’t giving anyone a piggy back!

My cats have been on a killing spree ... three wild bunnies and four mice this week and counting ... and they've discarded one of their "gifts" in our house somewhere. We can smell it, but we can't find the darned thing ... we spent most of today tipping the house upside down trying to hunt down the source of this awful death smell, to no avail.
My Mum and Stepdad sometimes get up in the morning to find their very large tom cat sitting on the kitchen floor tiles near the catflap, munching cheerfully upon a pigeon he has caught.

This is terrible because I’m Scottish but I really hate the whole ‘yes sir, I can boogie’ thing with the Scotland football fans. It makes me cringe so much and it’s all over my Facebook 😩

I have an ongoing issue with people who press the tube ‘open’ button when the tube has stopped. The doors open automatically so it’s a completely pointless activity😖

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It's the freeking cows in the field by our garden, who have spent the last two freeking nights mooing so loudly all through the night that I'm feeling sleep depraved. 🐮 🐄 Don't laugh cos I'll send them to yours if you do. 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 9
IKEA!!! My goodness they used to be so good but the nightmare I've had trying to get a missing part has been unreal. Every single time I phone to chase it up I'm told another lie.

Meetings at work where people send you appointments for when you are already in another meeting. Genuinely, how am I supposed to be in three places at once? It’s also lazy as rather than looking at calendars and finding a time, some people just send an appointment through and expect you to do the leg-work in rearranging all of your other meetings so you can go to theirs.

Also, people who put in back to back meetings when they can see that you already have an afternoon full. Zoom is terrible for this and I swear it’s made me develop a bladder of steel.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.