Little things in life that annoy you immensely #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My husband just getting up from the table after dinner and going into the other room without a backwards glance. I’m loading the dishwasher and wiping the worktops down, how about you clear away the table mats, condiments, etc and push your chair in before you collapse in front of the tv? I didn’t realise we were still living in 1952 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 19
My husband just getting up from the table after dinner and going into the other room without a backwards glance. I’m loading the dishwasher and wiping the worktops down, how about you clear away the table mats, condiments, etc and push your chair in before you collapse in front of the tv? I didn’t realise we were still living in 1952 🙄
Are we married to the same guy? 😩

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
I've just had a cardigan pocket caught on a door handle situation and it's infuriated me

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Anyone know if there is a thread for five minute mum? I’ve had a look but don’t know if I’m searching right. She bugs me so much I’m starting to really dislike her. So smug and utterly obsessed with teaching her kids bloody phonics all while trying to act like she’s the most laid back parent ever. School will teach them phonics love, take a seat. I didn’t do a million five minute games with my kid and he still managed to learn to read, even with two lockdowns in between.

Reactions: 2
Admin sending you a warning about something as if you are a monster and you just know someone has reported you and then on the same thread or others you see something 50 times worse than what you put 🤨
On many forums commenting on an admin decision gets you a warning or a temporary ban.

Please just get up first next time and you go through to the other room, I'd love to see his face! Though tbh knowing men he'd just also get up and leave the mess there, who am I kidding

Reactions: 7
I’m weird but... When people change their tattle profile pictures regularly. I like how you see the same faces regularly and it’s confusing!! Stop it pls

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m weird but... When people change their tattle profile pictures regularly. I like how you see the same faces regularly and it’s confusing!! Stop it pls
I agree! I'm not good with remembering forum names but I do remember their profile pictures.

Arrogant, condescending posters who once they realise they were wrong will vanish again for a while and then come back and carry on being arrogantly wrong. rinse and repeat

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Please just get up first next time and you go through to the other room, I'd love to see his face! Though tbh knowing men he'd just also get up and leave the mess there, who am I kidding
He wouldn’t bat an eyelid and the dishwasher would still need loading three weeks later! Whenever I call him out on it (and I always say ‘are we still living in 1952?!) he always apologises and clears the table but why do I have to remind him? Just bloody do it!

Reactions: 3
He wouldn’t bat an eyelid and the dishwasher would still need loading three weeks later! Whenever I call him out on it (and I always say ‘are we still living in 1952?!) he always apologises and clears the table but why do I have to remind him? Just bloody do it!
It is a vicious circle; if you have to remind them it is just something else on your remember to do list. Only a terminal diagnosis will change them, unfortunately.

Reactions: 1
Two conversation ones:
1. People who insist on having the same small-talk conversation with you every day. Just 20 unpleasant boring seconds I can't wait to get out of the way every day.
2. People who start a conversation with you but then don't bother to reply! Unless I'm just that unengaging 😂

The way the media chooses to cover exam results day. Every single year for as long as I can remember it has been exactly the same. Only the most photogenic kids, with an abundance of pretty girls in particular will get given the time of day when the press come and the reactions are obviously completely faked yet we're expected to totally buy into the ruse that the kids didn't know their results beforehand.

I just wish it could somehow be varied a bit. Where do the non-photogenic kids go? Or how about we get some kids who aren't middle class, since you almost never see anyone from any other background during these stories.

I must sound so grumpy and I don't blame the kids at all, and have zero ill will toward them, but unrealistic media manipulation is one of my big pet peeves in life. Just find it so insulting at this point.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Misogynists. Men and women. We are so brainwashed we can’t even see it. I was telling my friend the other day about a thing that happened years ago while I was walking home in the evening. A man was behind me and started getting closer. I was suddenly aware we were in a deserted path. I started panicking and walking faster. He sped up. I felt like I could feel him breathing down my neck. I then started properly running at speed and got away from him. As I got across the road from him frantically trying to find my keys to put in the door he did the strangest thing. He slow wolf whistled. It was so creepy. I don’t believe he was planning on attacking me but I think he sensed my fear and enjoyed frightening me. How bleeping evil is that.

My friend’s response? You shouldn’t have put yourself in that position.

Dear god help us.

(should have said my friend is female and a bit of an idiot).

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Misogynists. Men and women. We are so brainwashed we can’t even see it. I was telling my friend the other day about a thing that happened years ago while I was walking home in the evening. A man was behind me and started getting closer. I was suddenly aware we were in a deserted path. I started panicking and walking faster. He sped up. I felt like I could feel him breathing down my neck. I then started properly running at speed and got away from him. As I got across the road from him frantically trying to find my keys to put in the door he did the strangest thing. He slow wolf whistled. It was so creepy. I don’t believe he was planning on attacking me but I think he sensed my fear and enjoyed frightening me. How bleeping evil is that.

My friend’s response? You shouldn’t have put yourself in that position.

Dear god help us.

(should have said my friend is female and a bit of an idiot).
100% - it's bloody everywhere and getting worse.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Not annoying as such, but more that I don't understand. Why do some some posters go to the trouble of quoting another poster's comments, even agreeing with them in their post, yet don't have the courtesy to give a 'like' to the original one? Am I missing an obvious reason, or are they just very ungenerous?

Reactions: 4
Not annoying as such, but more that I don't understand. Why do some some posters go to the trouble of quoting another poster's comments, even agreeing with them in their post, yet don't have the courtesy to give a 'like' to the original one? Am I missing an obvious reason, or are they just very ungenerous?
Does it matter how many likes you get? They are showing they like or agree by responding and agreeing

Reactions: 9
Adults who don't have basic bleeping bathroom etiquette...

...don't leave the floor sticky with your urine and don't leave your period blood all over the bleeping toilet seat. Two separate people. There is a sink in the bathroom - clean the bathroom before you leave.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.