Little things in life that annoy you immensely #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Allergies. I just tried eating a peach and ended up with swollen lips and tongue 😐
My other half has this bless him. He can’t eat apples, pears, peaches, cherries loads of fruits! I didn’t realise it had a name until we found my baby was allergic to egg and went to the clinic etc they said it’s an actual condition called oral allergy syndrome! Do you suffer from hayfever? My partner does terribly and wonder if it’s linked!

• Sad
Reactions: 2
My other half has this bless him. He can’t eat apples, pears, peaches, cherries loads of fruits! I didn’t realise it had a name until we found my baby was allergic to egg and went to the clinic etc they said it’s an actual condition called oral allergy syndrome! Do you suffer from hayfever? My partner does terribly and wonder if it’s linked!
Yes, I do suffer from hay fever, and OAS has been (unfortunately) linked to this kind of allergies, so you are right. I used to get this reaction from apples only, but now it’s also stone fruits that make me itch ☹ I’m planning to try allergy shots (allergen-specific immunotherapy) this autumn, I still hope there is a cure for us allergy sufferers!

• Sad
Reactions: 4
People who don't know the difference between a jumpsuit and a playsuit. I'm not sure why it irritates me so much since I wear neither but it just annoys me in the same way that people think 'midi' skirt length is the same as mini......It's not.
Also, the use of the word pacific when they mean specific!

Reactions: 10
This is going to sound pathetic but I never say it out loud so I'm going to vent on here 🤣 but when people say half term when it isn't, like the Easter holidays. That's a full term!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
This is going to sound pathetic but I never say it out loud so I'm going to vent on here 🤣 but when people say half term when it isn't, like the Easter holidays. That's a full term!!!
The term half term annoys me because we don’t call school holidays that at all in Scotland. Weird but I hate when people say lessons instead of classes. Said it before on here but I hate ‘clean’ your teeth....it’s ‘brush’ your teeth. Brush.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Another one , likely someone has already said it but been instead of being winds up me up

Reactions: 6
I've just found this thread and am nodding in agreement with so many posts, though I have a lot of pages to get through. My contribution: when people say they could care less, when they really mean they couldn't care less.

Reactions: 13
A very specific one but how Americans pronounce 'buoy' as 'booey'
It's pronounced BOY as in Buoyant. You don't say 'booeyant' do you?!
images.jpeg.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Apologies for not reading all 48 pages of this thread, so maybe this has been mentioned already - Garden Gnomes :confused: I just don't understand the point of them. Nice front gardens ruined by, IMO, pointless nonsense.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Apologies for not reading all 48 pages of this thread, so maybe this has been mentioned already - Garden Gnomes :confused: I just don't understand the point of them. Nice front gardens ruined by, IMO, pointless nonsense.
I've always found them creepy looking.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Sticky labels that don’t come off
Just annoying are some supposed resealable plastic food coverings - cold cuts for example - not only does the damn thing not peel off, you have to cut or puncture the packaging which defeats the whole point as you definitely can't reseal it again :mad:

Reactions: 12
Yes, and
Just annoying are some supposed resealable plastic food coverings - cold cuts for example - not only does the damn thing not peel off, you have to cut or puncture the packaging which defeats the whole point as you definitely can't reseal it again :mad:
the supposed “easy pull” tabs under ketchup lids, that never come off so you have to stab it with a knife and pick the bits off while your food goes cold.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’m annoyed
I’ve bought some mugs
I was seduced by an Instagram page I follow
The mugs arrived
They are tiny
They are suitable for toddlers
Two gulps and a drink would be gone
Even as the postman handed me the box I thought “ this feels light” 🤔
It’s my own fault for not measuring how much they would hold before I pressed ‘purchase’
They showed themselves holding the same sized mug I had chosen and I thought “ ooh that looks big enough she’s got big hands etc” 🙄

FFS

Someone will be getting tiny mugs for Christmas

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Yes, and

the supposed “easy pull” tabs under ketchup lids, that never come off so you have to stab it with a knife and pick the bits off while your food goes cold.
I'm totally with you*

I had the same problem just the other evening trying to open a bottle of HP sauce. The bit you are supposed to pull I just couldn't manage, so it ended with me doing the same as you - stab it with a knife then remove the rest of the top seal.

Also, easy pull tin cans - not only do I often have to use a knife to lift off the pull in the first place, sometimes I can't pull the whole lid off so still have to resort to a can opener! So many things these days that are supposed to be easier are not always.

* "I'm totally with you" - I can't believe I said this as in another thread I would be asking who says this? :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
We inherited one from the previous owner which sits in the back garden
My granddaughter was freaked out when she saw it saying “tiny man” with a look of horror on her face 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
We inherited one from the previous owner which sits in the back garden
My granddaughter was freaked out when she saw it saying “tiny man” with a look of horror on her face 😂
Exactly! What is the point of the nasty things? Unless, using your example, to scare off young children as it mainly seems to be people of a certain age who have them.

Do you still have it?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.