Little things in life that annoy you immensely #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When you find a recipe online but first you have to scroll through 798 pages of history about how their granny invented the recipe while raising their mum in the middle of the war in a old rickety farmhouse while bombs dropped all around. Dear god just tell me how to make this bleeping dish.....

• Haha
Reactions: 27
People who mock me for asking to WFH as I want to be home after taking my kitten to get spayed and then act like I'm a monster when I roll my eyes at "I'm leaving at 3 to collect shittykidname" erm okay I'm sorry my fanny is in tact from not giving birth and I prefer cats.

Don't mean go offend any mamas out there I just love my cat and will never reproduce.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
When you find a recipe online but first you have to scroll through 798 pages of history about how their granny invented the recipe while raising their mum in the middle of the war in a old rickety farmhouse while bombs dropped all around. Dear god just tell me how to make this bleeping dish.....
Reminds me of this!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Haha and when you are almost at the recipe you get a pop up asking to subscribe to a newsletter 🙃

People who mock me for asking to WFH as I want to be home after taking my kitten to get spayed and then act like I'm a monster when I roll my eyes at "I'm leaving at 3 to collect shittykidname" erm okay I'm sorry my fanny is in tact from not giving birth and I prefer cats.

Don't mean go offend any mamas out there I just love my cat and will never reproduce.
I had been with my now husband 8 months when he told me he was having his 19 year old cat put to sleep as she was poorly and in more than likely in pain. He told me that when he rang in his work to say he had to take the cat to the vets he was asked "can it be done after work or can you come in afterwards?" 😪 what so let her suffer another 8 or 9 hours on her own in the house or come in and start working after your cat who you have had since age 8 has just passed away? Err nope!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
When I've loads of work to do and my colleague decides it's going to be a chatty day 😶

• Haha
  • Angry
Haha and when you are almost at the recipe you get a pop up asking to subscribe to a newsletter 🙃

I had been with my now husband 8 months when he told me he was having his 19 year old cat put to sleep as she was poorly and in more than likely in pain. He told me that when he rang in his work to say he had to take the cat to the vets he was asked "can it be done after work or can you come in afterwards?" 😪 what so let her suffer another 8 or 9 hours on her own in the house or come in and start working after your cat who you have had since age 8 has just passed away? Err nope!
That is absolutely awful. I'm so sorry that happened to him/you 😞 My project is going to be working out a policy around loss of pets and pet bereavement. I've decided!

Reactions: 8
Before we had the pandemic and lockdowns, I used to attend my local library either to spend some time reading reference books there, or borrowing one or two to take home.

A particular irritation is how a lot of pages have either been ripped out or covered in yellow, green or red highlighter ink, presumably done by people who couldn't be arsed to take notes or make photocopies.:mad:

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
Before we had the pandemic and lockdowns, I used to attend my local library either to spend some time reading reference books there, or borrowing one or two to take home.

A particular irritation is how a lot of pages have either been ripped out or covered in yellow, green or red highlighter ink, presumably done by people who couldn't be arsed to take notes or make photocopies.:mad:
Destroying a book, to save money on photocopying is disgusting.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
When you try to peel the lid off a resealable packet but it doesn’t come off cleanly and you end up ripping it to shreds and wrapping it in foil/cling film. Winds me up. Happens every single time!

Buying “dimmable” bulbs for dimmable lamps, but they don’t dim 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 4
When the top of the milk doesn’t come off and the tab snaps and then you have to stab the foil seal thingy to open it 😭 And it always happens when you’re in a rush and just really need a cup of tea.

Reactions: 10
Another mothers day in lockdown.

DH and I have found a way. We can't take our mums for afternoon tea...so lets take afternoon tea to them 😊
I am doing this tomorrow as I am working on Sundau but I will make some sandwiches, get some scones, jam and cream. I have also dug out a tea pot I hardly use and got some cups and saucers from home bargains. I am in my mums bubble so I can go tomorrow and we can take tea in the afternoon ❤❤

• Heart
When using the can opener to open a tin of something and the lid doesn't pop up, so you squeeze the tin slightly and use your finger to lift the smidgen of tin that is now raised ... and it slices your finger. OUCH!

I'm must have become institutionalised by lockdown because I was really irritated by the increased numbers of people out yesterday as lockdown regulations are being relaxed. It makes me sound selfish but I got a shock at how crowded the supermarket was and even tho I'm a mum people bringinf their kids has increased the noise after one year of quiet shopping It felt like carnage and mayhem. Its been a long time since I've heard people raising their voices to tell kids off.
I couldn't wait to leave. There was so much more traffic and people at bustops etc. I just found myself annoyed and a little bit fearful of it all.
I need to go out now and can feel myself getting worked up. My tolerance levels for people and crowds has lowered. I don't want to become a selfish mrs angry in the supermarket.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
The hassle of having to renew/update direct debit or credit card details on various retail sites when my old card expires.

I sometimes wonder if my credit rating might be affected when I see emails from some of these companies saying my payment has been refused purely because my old card is dead and I've only been aware to update my card details through this very same email!

Buying “dimmable” bulbs for dimmable lamps, but they don’t dim 🤔
Realising that you had read the description wrongly! - and that the shop you bought some new (dimmable) lamps from do actually supply the correct bulbs anyway.

• Haha
I'm must have become institutionalised by lockdown because I was really irritated by the increased numbers of people out yesterday as lockdown regulations are being relaxed. It makes me sound selfish but I got a shock at how crowded the supermarket was and even tho I'm a mum people bringinf their kids has increased the noise after one year of quiet shopping It felt like carnage and mayhem. Its been a long time since I've heard people raising their voices to tell kids off.
I couldn't wait to leave. There was so much more traffic and people at bustops etc. I just found myself annoyed and a little bit fearful of it all.
I need to go out now and can feel myself getting worked up. My tolerance levels for people and crowds has lowered. I don't want to become a selfish mrs angry in the supermarket.
I've always been selfish mrs angry in supermarkets and anywhere really but I have to say my noise and crowds tolerance definitely decreased further during lockdown. How did I use to work in an open plan office and now get annoyed at my boyfriend making the slightest noise when I'm working?!

I think a lot of us are going to really struggle once ‘things are back to normal’

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.