Little things in life that annoy you immensely #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When people round up their age or their kid’s age is really does my box in. Person turns 30 in November. Ask them how old they are today and they say I’ll be 31 this year. So you’re 30 then! Bloody busy philipps did it on her podcast the other day talking about her daughter being ‘almost 13’, she was 12 in August so she’s not even 12 and a half yet! Ugh stop trying to make your kids and yourself older than you are. I’m over 40 now so I’m going the other way and rounding down 😜

Reactions: 4
When mothers think they are absolutely amazing and look down their nose at people who don't have children.
Oh my god THIS, I always get rude remarks from work colleagues because (before Covid tiers and lockdowns) I’d get my nails/hair done & how it must be ‘soooo nice to do things and spend my own money on myself whilst they cant’ mega rude and then other people join in. It really upsets me since I can’t have children but I don’t Feel I have to reply with my personal issue of I can’t have kids to these strangers

I also get random comments how I have no responsibilities because I don’t have children. Or how my life isn’t worth living because not having children, again they don’t know me personally to know why I can’t, basically means you live unfulfilled!!!!!!

Again it’s so uncomfortable and really is such a sore spot for me.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
People who pass the blame or question onto others then onto others then onto others.

Reactions: 1
Really random and probably not universal, but I HATE the shape of my fingernails on my ring fingers. They're just so square and they grow out at a wonky angle and they're a nightmare to cut 😂😭

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Oh my god THIS, I always get rude remarks from work colleagues because (before Covid tiers and lockdowns) I’d get my nails/hair done & how it must be ‘soooo nice to do things and spend my own money on myself whilst they cant’ mega rude and then other people join in. It really upsets me since I can’t have children but I don’t Feel I have to reply with my personal issue of I can’t have kids to these strangers

I also get random comments how I have no responsibilities because I don’t have children. Or how my life isn’t worth living because not having children, again they don’t know me personally to know why I can’t, basically means you live unfulfilled!!!!!!

Not sure, but I think you are still young, and you will get used to it. My wife and I don't have kids and we used to /still get all this crap.

Further more as we don't have kids they think we should be able to help them out with money issues. They obviously think when I take a crap in the morning instead of tit money comes out.

Reactions: 3
People that still write 'socially distanced walk/catch up' I think most of us get it now!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
When mothers think they are absolutely amazing and look down their nose at people who don't have children.
This!!

I'm happy to not have children, I don't want nor see a need to have them. I don't want to ruin my body with pregnancy and spend my life looking after someone else. I want to live my life on my terms. Enjoy your child but I'm not interested in having one.

The expectation for women of a certain age to have kids and that if you don't you're not good enough is gross. People don't know the circumstances it's awful.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Parents who have four or five children, then complain that four children are too much, you decided to have that many children. Then try to say that parents who have three or lower, don't work as hard as they do.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Socially distanced (of course) 😂
Greg James put together a bunch of clips om radio one of people saying this.

Its like when people do photos of family members 2 metres apart on stood at the front garden gate 😆 i saw someone on my socials do it then another photo on the same day had different family members in the house , not judging but a bit contradictory 😆

• Haha

I’m in the same position as you and fully agree weird everything you’ve said!

Also hate the pity you get when they realise it’s a sore spot for you, and then expect you to turn around and say oh don’t worry about what you said you didn’t know.... well maybe think twice before commenting on children, you never know someone’s circumstances

Reactions: 7
People who write "self love" etc on their stories or captions when they're quite literally sat in the living room/kitchen having a cup of tea and reading a book. You're relaxing mate! Stop with the cringe, buzz words that the social media huns have been spouting the past few years.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I went to the pharmacy before which is in my doctors, but there's been a hut set up at the back

So I was waiting in the queue and I said my name etc to the woman, she went off to have a look, came back and went 'there's no prescription here for you, what is it? What are you getting a prescription for?' Bit of a personal question love in front of this long queue!!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
My boss insists that during team Zoom "catch-ups" (twice a day now we're all working from home) everyone must have their webcam on all the time so she can see we're paying attention and are dressed. This kind of nannying does my head in - we are all adults. What difference does it make whether we are dressed? We're not in the office where clients, etc. might be present and have to adhere to company dress codes. If someone wants to wear pyjamas all day in their own home they can do it! Several years ago I could not get work and was put on a "restart course" by the Job Centre. They told us part of the reason we were expected to show up every day was to make sure we'd get out of bed and would be used to having a routine when we started work. I found that beyond insulting, being unemployed does not mean someone spends all day in bed! (And if they do, they probably have depression or other mental health issues and need more help than the Job Centre can give)

When people round up their age or their kid’s age is really does my box in. Person turns 30 in November. Ask them how old they are today and they say I’ll be 31 this year. So you’re 30 then! Bloody busy philipps did it on her podcast the other day talking about her daughter being ‘almost 13’, she was 12 in August so she’s not even 12 and a half yet! Ugh stop trying to make your kids and yourself older than you are. I’m over 40 now so I’m going the other way and rounding down 😜
Are you familiar with the poem "Rising Five" by Norman Nicholson?

Reactions: 9
Oldies do that too - my Nan was always saying 'I'm 91 next birthday' as it's a badge of honour

• Haha
Reactions: 2
My boss insists that during team Zoom "catch-ups" (twice a day now we're all working from home) everyone must have their webcam on all the time so she can see we're paying attention and are dressed. This kind of nannying does my head in - we are all adults. What difference does it make whether we are dressed? We're not in the office where clients, etc. might be present and have to adhere to company dress codes. If someone wants to wear pyjamas all day in their own home they can do it! Several years ago I could not get work and was put on a "restart course" by the Job Centre. They told us part of the reason we were expected to show up every day was to make sure we'd get out of bed and would be used to having a routine when we started work. I found that beyond insulting, being unemployed does not mean someone spends all day in bed! (And if they do, they probably have depression or other mental health issues and need more help than the Job Centre can give)

Are you familiar with the poem "Rising Five" by Norman Nicholson?
No what’s that?

No what’s that?
It's a poem that opens with a four-year-old child proudly saying he is "rising five", i.e. almost five years old. The poet then gives other examples of how we look ahead too much in life and don't appreciate where we are/what we have until it's gone. The full poem and discussion can be found here: http://margaret-cooter.blogspot.com/2014/04/poetry-thursday-rising-five-by-norman.html (I have to say I am much fonder of it now than when I was 14 and made to study it at school!)

It's a poem that opens with a four-year-old child proudly saying he is "rising five", i.e. almost five years old. The poet then gives other examples of how we look ahead too much in life and don't appreciate where we are/what we have until it's gone. The full poem and discussion can be found here: http://margaret-cooter.blogspot.com/2014/04/poetry-thursday-rising-five-by-norman.html (I have to say I am much fonder of it now than when I was 14 and made to study it at school!)
Thank you I’ll take a look at that. I think to a certain extent we are all guilty of never really being present in the moment. We’re always either looking ahead or living in the past x

Facebook ‘friends’ living in Australia posting pics of them living a normal life. Hugging each other and out for dinners, obviously no face masks or social distancing. It’s great they are at that stage with the virus but with so many people struggling in other places around the world I just find it insensitive and that they trying to be smug. I should mention that the people I’m talking about are all from the UK and have emigrated to Oz/NZ. A few have even said ‘I’m so glad I’m living here and not back in the UK’. Yeah I’m sure you are but I don’t need to hear you gloat do I??

I know I sound bitter!!

People who don't spell definitely properly.

It's not definatly, it's not defiantly, it's bloody DEFINITELY. SOUND IT OUT.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.