Little things in life that annoy you immensely #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
En suite hotel rooms where the bathroom's right next to the bed and there's no soundproofing.

Much as I love my partner I don't want to hear her having a tit!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
En suite hotel rooms where the bathroom's right next to the bed and there's no soundproofing.

and those really weird hotels where the shower is in the middle of the room.

Who designed that really?!

Regarding the Easter chocolate already out in shops - I don't usually know the date of Easter until at least 2 weeks maybe a week before! Then I just panic buy the Easter eggs. Do people actually start buying the chocolate now!? Isn't Easter in like March/April?

Sorry but I'd be more excited for Pancake Day! But I see no shake it pancake mixes, lemon & jars of Nutella shoved down our throats!

Reactions: 6
Thank you! I think it's cause whenever I have to be sent home from work (doesn't happen often as it usually starts in the night so it's only been maybe 3 times in the almost 4 years I worked in the same place for) my mum says "this will be with you until you're 50 so you have to get used to it!" but I'm like it's not the period that's the problem. It's the diarrhoea and sickness. I can't do my job if I can't get off the toilet!!
Just because in her opinion you have to get used to it doesn't mean that it's not a horrible experience to go through. It's perfectly okay to take time off work in that condition.

Regarding the Easter chocolate already out in shops - I don't usually know the date of Easter until at least 2 weeks maybe a week before! Then I just panic buy the Easter eggs. Do people actually start buying the chocolate now!? Isn't Easter in like March/April?

Sorry but I'd be more excited for Pancake Day! But I see no shake it pancake mixes, lemon & jars of Nutella shoved down our throats!
If I'm in the UK I only buy Easter eggs after Easter as the eggs are cheaper.

My dad waited until after Christmas to buy the selection boxes. The same chocolate just 59% off.

My mother usually always leave the toilet door open in the mornings.

The bathroom on that floor is directly in front of the stairs so unavoidable.

:sick:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
If I'm in the UK I only buy Easter eggs after Easter as the eggs are cheaper.

My dad waited until after Christmas to buy the selection boxes. The same chocolate just 59% off
I went to buy a load of selection boxes this year a week before Christmas and they had all gone 😩 the Asda had some banging ones rather than the usual chomp, fudge, curly wurly ones! Must remember next year to get in early for the belter ones 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’m sure I’ve said this before but need to say it again. When Americans say a person from the UK has a British accent. It drives me insane! There’s no such thing 🙄🙄🙄 what the hell do they mean?? It’s just so ignorant. Even if you say English accent there’s really no such thing as so many variations. I just hate ignorance 😩

When I tell new people I'm South African, they come over all surprised because they're expecting to see a black woman rather than white!
My ex is South African (white) and the amount of people that have stared at our blonde daughter shocked because they expected to see a black child. Some have even said “oh but she’s white” 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
My ex is South African (white) and the amount of people that have stared at our blonde daughter shocked because they expected to see a black child. Some have even said “oh but she’s white” 🤦🏻‍♀️
Horrendous that this happens in this day and age
especially when there is internationally famous representation like Charlize theron, elon musk and olympian oscar pristorous plus all those SA VSA models These people must be living in caves with no tv 🤦

• Heart
Reactions: 9
it's not really social media related but the fact that being on your period is not a valid reason for illness.

Mine always flare up my stomach issue which usually starts in the night. I'll have sickness and diarrhoea all night (minimum of 3 hours) which will wipe me out for around 3 days but I feel guilty taking it easy during that time cause I think "oh it's just a period you have to get used to it" but it really does make me ill. I still go to work but there have been times I've had to be sent home cause it's been so bad as I can't do my job being in and out of the toilet.
I’m the exact same! Been sent home from work, been sick in the night, close to fainting! I always feel guilty as ‘most’ women just get on with it and it doesn’t effect them! Went to see my GP about it as it was effecting my life but HE (men seriously don’t understand!) basically told me to get over it and it’s something I just have to live with! Such a great help when I’m curled up in a ball in so much pain I can’t move!

• Sad
  • Wow
Things that annoy me immensely...

myself! When I’m typing and the amount of typos I make! The new one is snd instead of and. Just calm yourself down and spell check before pressing send. Especially in a work group chat 🙄 I look like a right idiot.

MLM's and those who message me asking if I want to join their amazing new business opportunity or buy their scammy juices.

Not interested thanks. 😤

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I’m the exact same! Been sent home from work, been sick in the night, close to fainting! I always feel guilty as ‘most’ women just get on with it and it doesn’t effect them! Went to see my GP about it as it was effecting my life but HE (men seriously don’t understand!) basically told me to get over it and it’s something I just have to live with! Such a great help when I’m curled up in a ball in so much pain I can’t move!
It's so easy to dismiss concerns as things being "normal". I hope you can ask to see a different GP or for a referral to a gynecologist. Some women might have endometriosis or another underlying condition which makes their periods even more painful. I personally spent a lot of time being ashamed of my body, which put me off even going in the first place. At one point I was either having periods twice a month, bleeding for more than 14 days or skipping a month altogether .

MLM's and those who message me asking if I want to join their amazing new business opportunity or buy their scammy juices.

Not interested thanks. 😤
someone I know keeps joining new ones and keeps adding me to her new groups! I keep leaving them, leave me alone. Really against MLMs.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
someone I know keeps joining new ones and keeps adding me to her new groups! I keep leaving them, leave me alone. Really against MLMs.
Maybe flip it around and pretend to join one. Start spamming her with product details and ask her if she wants to place an order for X or Y.

• Haha
Maybe flip it around and pretend to join one. Start spamming her with product details and ask her if she wants to place an order for X or Y.
😂😂 She’d probably want to buy something and state it’s good we can support each other’s “businesses”. Boss babes together ✌ 👯‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Quite worrying the number of computer/phone devices I've been looking at/fixing for people these last few months, that have little or no security or anti-virus apps installed.

Wireless wifi protocols are set at their basic most vulnerable settings; no hot-spot warnings; enabled Remote Desktop, network/pc sharing over public rather than private networks; no security authentication for Bluetooth device sharing/tethering (especially on Android phones/tablets).

No wonder their devices get hacked with little or no effort :rolleyes:

It's so annoying! I hate MLM's they really do just prey on desperate people and nobody I know has ever made their money back. They just post about being a 'boss babe' all day while making no sales and bothering all their facebook friends list. 🙄

I even get strangers message me from all over the country with their MLM BS!!

• Heart
It's so annoying! I hate MLM's they really do just prey on desperate people and nobody I know has ever made their money back. They just post about being a 'boss babe' all day while making no sales and bothering all their facebook friends list. 🙄

I even get strangers message me from all over the country with their MLM BS!!
Exactly, they’re just awful. Especially when they post pictures of the products and all the “wow this product is amazing” comments are from other MLMs in the same team.

Reactions: 2
Exactly, they’re just awful. Especially when they post pictures of the products and all the “wow this product is amazing” comments are from other MLMs in the same team.
And you know full well the product is a load of crap as well. I once bought something from a friend of mine, it was a Younique product.
Absolute rubbish went straight in the bin. Didn't have the heart to tell her at the time, but after waking up to the reality of MLM's she later apologised for selling it to me. 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.