Little things in life that annoy you immensely #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When people knock things off the hanger arms in shops and just leave it on the floor! Just how self-entitled and rude can you get?! Yesterday I was behind a girl in a queue, she knocked a bag of chocolate coins on the floor while getting some, looked at them lying there and walked off! I picked them back up while glaring at her. It’s worse in places like Primark where it’s a bit messy, so people think they have the right to just leave clothes where they drop. Perhaps if people weren’t such selfish holes and picked up what they dropped, it wouldn’t get in such a state?!? Just typing this has annoyed me 🤣

Reactions: 17
When people mistake 'being obsessed with Friends/running/coffee/their job' for 'having a personality'.

Grown adults who like minions. No excuse for it.
see also disney.

No offence to anyone who likes Disney, I get it we all have something that makes us happy but I do find it a bit bizarre when adults with no kids go to Disney every year. Not judging but just don't understand it. Is there not better things you could spend your money on? It's so expensive and not even a holiday! Walking around for 8+ hours a day in the boiling heat, crammed in with people and screaming kids and standing in a queue for an hour for a 30 second ride and paying a grand for the privilege. How is that anyone's idea of a holiday?

Reactions: 24
When you share a funny meme on Facebook and then someone on your friends list shares it from your profile so you get the notification that they have ‘shared’ it, but they don’t even have the courtesy to ‘like’ it. I mean you thought it was funny enough to share from my profile but not funny enough to acknowledge me. bleeping social media.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
YouTube videos that take forever to load and then load on the lowest quality yet the ads seem to load in the highest quality without any buffering.

Parcel delivery companies who just give you a date and say it'll be there before 10pm and don't notify you when they're coming. So is it coming at 8am? 1pm? 9.55pm? I live in a house that's split into flats with access to my flat from the back of the house, the front door is the big downstairs flat which means they'll likely knock that door (not the delivery drivers fault) and I don't want them to knock after 8pm cause they've got two young kids but I don't know when it'll be here to sprint out myself and get it!

Reactions: 7
The "hilarious" person who yells "sack the juggler!" whenever one of the bar staff in a pub smashes a glass.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
🤒 When I call my GP surgery to make an appointment and the receptionist asks me why I need to see gp 😧

Er, none of your business.
What pisses me off just now with telephone appointments is the receptionist will ask what it’s for and when the doctor phones you they say how can I help? And act like they have no clue why you made an appointment.

• Haha
  • Heart
What pisses me off just now with telephone appointments is the receptionist will ask what it’s for and when the doctor phones you they say how can I help? And act like they have no clue why you made an appointment.
Exactly that too

Reactions: 2
that is actually worse than telling the receptionist. I have bowel problems and I rang during lockdown 1 after an agonising 3 weeks cause I didn't want to bother them (I will say my surgery are lovely!!). Phoned up had to explain to the receptionist about my bowel problems including some very tmi and embarrassing details about my poo. Doctor then rings and I had to go through the whole ordeal again like it wasn't embarrassing enough the first time! If the receptionist has deemed the issue important enough that a dr has to ring why has she not passed the info on?! Has he not asked?!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
When people post facebook statuses that are the modern equivalent of chain letter. Copy and paste if you agree... followed by some absolute waffle

Reactions: 11
When people post facebook statuses that are the modern equivalent of chain letter. Copy and paste if you agree... followed by some absolute waffle
Especially when the first few sentences seem really heartfelt and then suddenly you realise they are in fact a daisy chain wanker.

• Haha
Sorry I don't know how to quote from multiple posts so just typing my reply here.

Usually the receptionist at the doctor's just says person x severe hand pain, or whatever, the reason you have to explain is because the doctor needs to hear the problem first hand.

Receptionists get loads of calls a day, it is impossible to write down an essay on each patient. No need to be embarrassed as they have heard it all before.

Another reason is when you are explaining the doctor might want to ask you further questions, which he can't do if the receptionist just gives the doctor a note with what she thinks are the main points.

Remember in most cases they are just like you and have no special medical knowledge or training.

Reactions: 3
Public affection on social media, if you think your partner is so "amazing" there's other ways to show them, rather than sticking a big vom worthy post up :sick:

• Haha
Reactions: 16
'Christmas eve eve' 🙄 oh do shut up

Surprised no one has started boxing day eve yet 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
that is actually worse than telling the receptionist. I have bowel problems and I rang during lockdown 1 after an agonising 3 weeks cause I didn't want to bother them (I will say my surgery are lovely!!). Phoned up had to explain to the receptionist about my bowel problems including some very tmi and embarrassing details about my poo. Doctor then rings and I had to go through the whole ordeal again like it wasn't embarrassing enough the first time! If the receptionist has deemed the issue important enough that a dr has to ring why has she not passed the info on?! Has he not asked?!
Hi Birdie - I worked as a GP receptionist for a while - Asking how they can help is just a way for the GP to start the conversation with you - the receptionist doesn’t brief the GP about every patient personally! - As they speak to you the receptionist adds a note to your online record for the doctor to read before they call - just a brief outline of the issue ( you really don’t need to give detailed information - just brief detail of symptoms and how long you’ve had them and what you’ve done to try to remedy yourself ) The system has a template with these questions to be completed. The calls at this surgery were continuous all morning so patients going in to great detail to the person answering the phone isn’t helpful or necessary.

Hi Birdie - I worked as a GP receptionist for a while - Asking how they can help is just a way for the GP to start the conversation with you - the receptionist doesn’t brief the GP about every patient personally! - As they speak to you the receptionist adds a note to your online record for the doctor to read before they call - just a brief outline of the issue ( you really don’t need to give detailed information - just brief detail of symptoms and how long you’ve had them and what you’ve done to try to remedy yourself ) The system has a template with these questions to be completed. The calls at this surgery were continuous all morning so patients going in to great detail to the person answering the phone isn’t helpful or necessary.
My GP's are amazing but whenever I phone all I get is, Hello GP surgery. Then I have to ask for an appointment and all I get asked is what's it regarding. I just tell them it's personal as whenever you're in the surgery all you can hear is the receptionists gossiping about the previous call. I'm not saying all GP receptionists are like that though

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I don’t see any problem in being asked to give an indication of the problem when first speaking to the receptionist, it makes complete sense. I think the issue comes from having encountered a gossipy bint on the desk- sad to say I think we’ve all come across one of those from time to time.

Reactions: 5
I just need to have a wee moan about the fact my lovely mum always talks with her mouth full 🤮🤢 every time she is eating, without fail she will launch in to a conversation with food shoved to the side of her mouth. I CANNOT TELL YOU HOW MUCH THIS ANNOYS AND DISGUSTS ME. She has brought me up with manners and I know not to speak with my mouth full so whyyyyyyy does she do this. If I do need to speak with food in my mouth I always cover my mouth with my hand. She never does this. It’s getting to the stage I’m going to lose it with her when we’re out for lunch at some point, not looking forward to that day 😩
Oh my nanna was the grossest eater. I miss her so much but watching her eat was bad. If she had any meat she would eat it with her hands and rip it to bits then with her still greasy chicken hands would pick up the salt pot and use it. She’d get food all over her face and down her top. I do chuckle and shudder thinking of that!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Oh my nanna was the grossest eater. I miss her so much but watching her eat was bad. If she had any meat she would eat it with her hands and rip it to bits then with her still greasy chicken hands would pick up the salt pot and use it. She’d get food all over her face and down her top. I do chuckle and shudder thinking of that!
My Nan was the same. She's pick up bones with her hands and I could see the grease all over them then she would just rub her hands together and carry on. It used to make me feel sick. I stopped eating there when I was about 12 and pretended I was obsessed with Pot Noodles so I could take my own and avoid her hygiene.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.