Little things in life that annoy you immensely #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of Christmas engagement announcements yesterday but then realised it’s because everyone I know is already engaged/married :eek: how long before the Christmas divorce announcements?:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 7
when you're watching a movie with someone who read the book that inspired the movie and they keep saying: ''this is not how it was in the book'', ''in the book he said this and that'', ''this was way better in the book'', i'm watching the movie ffs, i'll read the book if i want to know about that version (i say this fully knowing that i sometimes am this person 😂 )

• Haha
Reactions: 10
when you're watching a movie with someone who read the book that inspired the movie and they keep saying: ''this is not how it was in the book'', ''in the book he said this and that'', ''this was way better in the book'', i'm watching the movie ffs, i'll read the book if i want to know about that version (i say this fully knowing that i sometimes am this person 😂 )
My dad is one of these and loves to get on his high horse about it, especially because he'd read the whole of Game of Thrones book series years before the actual series came out so when the major hype of it came around he was such a smug bastard 🤣 (can't blame him tbf)

it doesn't bother me when there's something in the movie that has more context in the book. I find books like Divergent/Hunger games etc are like this, where in the film something happens but it actually has way more significance in the book.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
When you’re washing your hair and get one on the shampoo bottle, have to put the bottle under the showerhead then or it looks scatty.

People who aren’t exactly lookers or stylish but pay for Instagram adverts in the hopes of becoming an influencer.

When someone doesn’t say thanks for you waiting when the obstruction is on their side of the road.

People with designer dog breeds who don’t pick up their tit. Your French bulldog might’ve cost £2k but it still 💩‘s like a Heinz 57! Pick it up.

People who drop litter in airport lounges even though there are plenty of bins around should they care to walk an extra few meters :mad:
Ugh, and this! People who drop litter full stop. I had someone else’s empty Costa cup (someone I was with) and walked back to a bin across the car park to get rid, turn around and some absolute scruff in a 4x4 just drops hers out the window like she was dropping a sock into the wash basket. Felt like banging on her window. Braindead sweats.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Certainly not a "little" thing, but apparently Storm Bella, has caused havoc throughout Britain, and is continuing to do so according to reports.

Some towns and villages have suffered flooding from nearby rivers due to heavy and prolonged rainfall. This has meant homes being without power and warmth, and not for the first time either.

The biggest complaint, it would seem, is the lack of dredging and the building of flood defences.

Seems the government can throw billions at vanity projects like HS2 that will benefit the minority (even less so given the rise of video conference calling); while not bothering to throw a few million at such vulnerable areas and keeping people healthy and safe!

Ugh, and this! People who drop litter full stop. I had someone else’s empty Costa cup (someone I was with) and walked back to a bin across the car park to get rid, turn around and some absolute scruff in a 4x4 just drops hers out the window like she was dropping a sock into the wash basket. Felt like banging on her window. Braindead sweats.
Branching off this, when people (who usually don't drive might I add) use your car as a bin! Do you know the amount of times my friends and I would go somewhere, get McDonalds etc and then they'd leave the tit in my car when I dropped them back off to their own houses!!

My car is not a bin! I'm driving you around for free the decent thing you can do is take your tit with you! I had one friend who would pass her family home bin to get into her house and she'd still moan when I asked her to take it! IT'S YOUR RUBBISH!

People who drop litter or think it’s ok to leave litter in a car (theirs or someone else’s), drive me insane. I recently did a litter pick down at my sons school and the before and after pictures were amazing. Within a week there was litter everywhere again. Parents giving their kids snacks after school and letting them drop them at their feet. It’s infuriating. A few of us are doing another litter pick in the new year but we really need people to take responsibility for themselves. It’s horrible looking around and seeing crap everywhere 😞

Reactions: 12
People who drop litter or think it’s ok to leave litter in a car (theirs or someone else’s), drive me insane. I recently did a litter pick down at my sons school and the before and after pictures were amazing. Within a week there was litter everywhere again. Parents giving their kids snacks after school and letting them drop them at their feet. It’s infuriating. A few of us are doing another litter pick in the new year but we really need people to take responsibility for themselves. It’s horrible looking around and seeing crap everywhere 😞
I live near 2 primary schools and I am constantly picking up sweet wrappers and crisp packets from my driveway 😡No one in my street seems to care but it’s my biggest bug bear. Im out there most days picking litter up. I was going to write to the schools and suggest they get the kids out litter picking in the local area!

I also remember being at McDonald’s drive through late at night and a man in a van rolled down his window and chucked all his rubbish on the floor of the car park. He was about 6ft from the bin. Think I said a few expletives at him, he then pulled up next to meet at the lights and threw his milkshake out the window onto the floor to piss me off. Getting angry just thinking about it 🤬

• Angry
  • Wow
People on FB who share posts like 'share this Buddha and you will come into a lot of money' or 'dont share this and you will have 10 years of bad luck'

I always remember scrolling once and some girl had shared one saying "share this or your Mum will die" like bloody hell love, dramatic 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
People who say/do things just to get a reaction, then when they get no reaction from you, they tell someone else to try get a response :rolleyes:

I loathe bullshitters, attention seekers, power trip arseholes, people who sugarcoat things, people who don’t listen, people who lack respect and er most people in general 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 13
People who seem to have no opinions at all but just ask rhetorical questions such as ‘I wonder when we’ll be back in the office?’ Then when you ask them for their views, they just say they don’t know.

People who seem to have no opinions at all but just ask rhetorical questions such as ‘I wonder when we’ll be back in the office?’ Then when you ask them for their views, they just say they don’t know.
Such a world of waffle ... know what you mean.

Reactions: 5
People who say "oh she just wants attention/she's doing that for attention" when my child is upset

First of all fuckface I happen to have grown, birthed and raised this human so I can promise you I'm far more in line with what she wants than you are
Second of all, I couldn't give two fucks if all she wants is a cuddle or a reaction off me because she is, you know, AN INFANT, and "attention" is a very valid need from a 12 month old. 🖕

Branching off this, when people (who usually don't drive might I add) use your car as a bin! Do you know the amount of times my friends and I would go somewhere, get McDonalds etc and then they'd leave the tit in my car when I dropped them back off to their own houses!!

My car is not a bin! I'm driving you around for free the decent thing you can do is take your tit with you! I had one friend who would pass her family home bin to get into her house and she'd still moan when I asked her to take it! IT'S YOUR RUBBISH!
I'm the friend who doesn't drive who will take all your rubbish out your car when I leave 😂🙈 Literally always picking up the crap out people's footwells which is probably jsut as annoying. 🙈

• Heart
People on FB who share posts like 'share this Buddha and you will come into a lot of money' or 'dont share this and you will have 10 years of bad luck'

I always remember scrolling once and some girl had shared one saying "share this or your Mum will die" like bloody hell love, dramatic 🤣
Or the one where there's a dog, with a piece of ham over his face.

Share this, the dog is dying. People fell for it, proving people didn't know what they were sharing.

Reactions: 2
People who say "oh she just wants attention/she's doing that for attention" when my child is upset

First of all fuckface I happen to have grown, birthed and raised this human so I can promise you I'm far more in line with what she wants than you are
Second of all, I couldn't give two fucks if all she wants is a cuddle or a reaction off me because she is, you know, AN INFANT, and "attention" is a very valid need from a 12 month old. 🖕
Love this! I also used to get fucked off with people (health visitors!!) telling me not to pick up my children or soothe them all the time as they needed to know I won't always be there for them. I'm their parent, that's literally my job.

Bastard snow Facebook posts. I've got a window, I don't need to see 100 posts of everyone's garden looking the same. And those people telling me how much they love the snow, usually those who don't have to drive in the fecking stuff. I'd like it more if I could stay at home.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Couples posting pictures on SM over Christmas / New Year. I say this as someone who is over the whole dating/couple/romance things but it’s so jarring - just enjoy your time together & get off your phones. No one gives a tit about your matching couple pyjamas. Seriously.

Reactions: 11
People who throw perfectly good stuff away. Food, clothing, household items, furniture, electronics. In fact this isn't even a small thing. It's a massive issue and it's really tit to see what gets chucked rather than just selling or even passing it on to somebody who needs it.

People who throw baked beans etc away when they're 1 month past their best before make me want to jump up and down in a psychotic rage.

Love this! I also used to get fucked off with people (health visitors!!) telling me not to pick up my children or soothe them all the time as they needed to know I won't always be there for them. I'm their parent, that's literally my job.
Jokes on them because their kids are now clingy AF from being left crying and mines happy to go off with anybody and do anything and I 100% believe this is at least partially down to the deep attachment we've formed. 🐸☕

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Couples posting pictures on SM over Christmas / New Year. I say this as someone who is over the whole dating/couple/romance things but it’s so jarring - just enjoy your time together & get off your phones. No one gives a tit about your matching couple pyjamas. Seriously.
I’m lucky as my friends I have on social media hardly ever post anything and wouldn’t dream of doing that sort of shite in the first place! My single friend text on Xmas night she was fed up along all the loved up photos, engagement photos etc. And I said it’s all smoke and mirrors, all my friends are happy and in loving relationships and don’t need the validation from the outside world by posting pictures like that. I know I wouldn’t be!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.