Little things in life that annoy you immensely #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wish I could be this chill at the checkout. I panic so much about making people wait that I don't know how to shove my goods into the bag fast enough lol
I think its all down to preparation. Usually when you're waiting you get everything ready - ie, purse, cards, bags etc. So that when you get served you're on top of things.

But for some, they just leave it till the very last minute, and that's when it all goes pear-shaped

Reactions: 2
Marks and Spencer for constantly changing their clothing products or the product code numbers to find them.
(And as far as I've found so far, every other clothes retailer seems to suffer the same problem).

I guess it is to do with the way fashion lines are ordered in from their suppliers seasonally, or new supply contracts negotiated every couple of months, and that causes their product code to change.

But there are certain products like day-to-day trousers, or pants or socks, (i.e. non-fashion clothes, just staples) that I just want to re-order at regular intervals because I know they fit. But go on their website and put in the product code (from a photo of the label or a previous order) and it'll come up, so I know I got the right code, but all greyed out and "not available". Every. Single. Time.

They can do what they like with their seasonal fashionable one-off ranges. But until they (and similar companies) finally figure out that in the days of online ordering they need to have some staples ranges that stay constant for years and offer reliable "reorder this exact same item", and while you're there re-buying your staples you might well pick up some more seasonal fashion too - they will never ever be successful online.

Maybe it's just a man thing and that's why M&S etc don't get it? I'm not talking about Steve Jobs or Simon Cowell levels of obsession with only ever being seen in the exact same turtleneck or shirt. But I can't be the only person that has core clothes that I just want to be much the same for wearing around the house or going to the supermarket, and keep the varying fashion choices for going to the office or the pub?

On public transport when there’s like 2 bench style seats facing each other and someone comes and sits opposite you. I don’t mind sitting diagonal to each other but now we’re sat opposite each other knees practically touching for no reason!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
First day of work in Lockdown 2.0 and Macdonalds can go duck themselves, they have made the toilets unavailable.:mad::mad:
I have an update on this, I sent a message to Macdonalds and they have replied, they ask for the locations and time so I'm gathering the information with help with the Google Timeline.

This is random and someone may have already posted but I HATE trends.. any sort of trends..

- why do influencers say 'but we move' if something hasn't gone their way?
- what is with those hideously long acrylic nails?
- 'poki bowls' why is it cool to take a pic and post it of your 'poki bowl' ?
- instagram posing when they're crouched on the floor with one extended leg ?
- influencers and their 'oat milk' ?
- TikTok ?
- instagram stories were they rotate their heads, pout, grit their teeth and roll their eyes without moving their head.. to rap music?

and that doesn't even touch the surface.

Why does everybody want to be the same 😂 🤡 🐑

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I have an update on this, I sent a message to Macdonalds and they have replied, they ask for the locations and time so I'm gathering the information with help with the Google Timeline.
Well that was a waste of time, they just confirmed they have closed all toilets in all outlets during Lockdown, I told them they were idiots and not helpful to Key Workers.

• Haha
In other news - Seems that the Russian president is trying to introduce a bill that offers all former presidents complete immunity from criminal prosecution not only during their term in office but also in their entire lifetimes.

This means all forms of bribery, mass murders, fraud etc etc by former and existing presidents, will not face criminal scrutiny.

All that is required is for both the Upper and Lower Houses of parliament to pass the bill and it becomes law. But of course being Russia it's not a question of "if" but "when" :mad:

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
My instagram has done some stupid update and now all I get are sponsored pages or bleeping non stop influencer pages as suggestions.
If I wanted to see their crappy posts I would have followed them!!!

I scrolled for 20 seconds and only one post was from a page i followed! 😡

anyone else have this?

My instagram has done some stupid update and now all I get are sponsored pages or bleeping non stop influencer pages as suggestions.
If I wanted to see their crappy posts I would have followed them!!!

I scrolled for 20 seconds and only one post was from a page i followed! 😡

anyone else have this?
Nope, I only use IG for gathering information for this forum.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Your boss reading you the riot act when you ring in sick. 🤐
Look pal, i am not well, i have been chained to the toilet all friggin night not knowing which end to put on it first. I can't even venture downstairs in fear of being too far from the bathroom never mind to work so i am staying home until the v&d have ceased and inhave been v&d free for 48 hours as per nhs guidance.

Im not sick today but this is what i said the last time I rang in sick 😅
When they put the emotional guilts on you. I was once of with an horrific uti when pregnant, caused by my work not providing us with enough staff so we could have breaks or even go to the toilet in over 12 hours. I had to call them every day from Monday to say I was still ill and every day I'd get "oh no, we only have 4 on the sat night". I ended up going back early because I couldn't take the guilt 😞

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Have always wanted to know why we persist with Roman numerals either on clock faces or denoting Popes, or the monarchy (Henry VIII, for example). They're sometimes also used at the end of TV credits denoting the year when the programme was made

It's not that I can't work out what they mean in decimal, but why bother at all? What is wrong with Henry 8th anyway?

The Zara website! Emaciated, strung-out looking model with a gormless facial expression and “deconstructed” pose and the jacket they’re supposedly trying to advertise tied around her waist. Rinse and repeat for every other item of clothing on that hellsite

• Heart
Reactions: 20
The Zara website! Emaciated, strung-out looking model with a gormless facial expression and “deconstructed” pose and the jacket they’re supposedly trying to advertise tied around her waist. Rinse and repeat for every other item of clothing on that hellsite
That is exactly what stops me buying anything from there

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The whole thing is so confusing and doesn't load properly on my phone worst format ever

I left a Facebook group for something which used to be a really good programme for learning to have a healthier relationship with food and your body but has now been taken over by "Health At Every Size" types that insist there's no such thing as a dangerously unhealthy weight, and that if you're overweight it is impossible to lose weight long term. A lot of people have posted that they tried "intuitive eating", put on a lot of weight (when they were already very overweight to start with) and were now worried / uncomfortable, but were told that this was natural and normal and their bodies "wanted" to be this weight. Someone who said that she wasn't happy her doctor had referred her to a scheme to manage her weight during pregnancy was advised not to go, even though being overweight during pregnancy does carry potentially serious risks for the mother and baby. I don't doubt the group has helped some people but I couldn't go along with it any more

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Price stickers all over items that come off in tiny bits (or not at all) and leave a right mess. So annoying when it’s a gift for someone. Or they put the sticker over the description of the item and it’s always info you need before deciding whether to buy it. Do stores do this on purpose? The worst is when it rips the paper underneath and you’re giving it to someone for a gift. Just looks totally tit!

Reactions: 14
Price stickers all over items that come off in tiny bits (or not at all) and leave a right mess. So annoying when it’s a gift for someone. Or they put the sticker over the description of the item and it’s always info you need before deciding whether to buy it. Do stores do this on purpose? The worst is when it rips the paper underneath and you’re giving it to someone for a gift. Just looks totally tit!
Sometimes they put it over the expiry date.

YES! although I discovered last week that WD40 removes the residue. My WD40 is so old it has a picture of Handy Andy from Changing Rooms on the side.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Flat pack furniture and more specifically, pictorial instructions.

I suppose I can understand the need to keep costs and wastage down when it comes to multilingual instructions, and just keeping it relatively simple by using pictures. But there are times when some are quite vague and subject to constant checking and rechecking. And even then there's no guarantee I'm using the right screws, dowels or whatever to fit a certain hole.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.