Little things in life that annoy you immensely #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Women that have started to refer to items of clothing in a weird singular way:

A jumper is now a knit
Boots are a boot
High heels are now a heel

and so on....

• Haha
Reactions: 12
This has without question been mentioned before but people who eat with their mouths open. Slobber, chomp, slobber, chomp. Stop, please! Same goes for those who slurp their drinks... grinds my gears!

People who overuse the word ‘super’ is fast becoming my biggest bugbear by far. Everything atm, particularly IG influencers is ‘super this’ and ‘super that’. Now that I’ve brought it to your attention, hopefully you’ll see where I am coming from. There are many different words which could replace the word ‘super’

Reactions: 10
Uncontrollable kids. 😬
I love children, but when I go to a restaurant or the pub I just want to relax. Parents who let their kids run about, scream and make a nuisance instead of talking to them - I just can't understand.
I went to primark yesterday and the amount of screaming kids in there was awful.

I also hate parents threatening their children instead of just helping their kids deal with their strong emotions. There was a 2-3 year old in a buggy who was in a huge coat and hat, looked hot and was obviously fed up of sitting in the buggy, and the parents had bribed him with a toy. Then when he started to get upset about having to sit still after a while they threatened to and then took the toy off him because he wasn't being quiet which then led onto a complete meltdown. This queue was long 😂 I know it's frowned upon to judge parenting but there were two parents, just one of them could have let him out and followed him around.

And on that subject, parents using santa as a discipline tool. I hate those bleeping elves reporting back to santa, the santa cams, the pretend calls to santa. I also hate the naughty or nice list bullshit.

Primark has obviously triggered me.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Batteries dying in my TV remote control.

But rather than getting off my arse and replacing them in the usual fashion, I will instead just keep on shaking, pointing and clicking the RC in the vain hope I can get the last vestiges of battery juice out of it!:rolleyes:
Or the classic, take the batteries out, rub them between your hands for a few seconds, put them back in...jobs a good 'un 👍

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Uncontrollable kids. 😬
I love children, but when I go to a restaurant or the pub I just want to relax. Parents who let their kids run about, scream and make a nuisance instead of talking to them - I just can't understand.
Yes, I would rather leave and miss out on dessert than have my kids behave like that and make other people's time there a misery.
Similarly, I went to a Morrisons cafe the other week just for a quick coffee, and there was a family sat opposite me. Their child was on their tablet, so they were sitting still and quietly at least, but they had the bloody volume on the tablet turned up to the max, and it was those really annoying 'daddy finger' songs. 😩😩

A jumper is now a knit
Boots are a boot

and so on....
Same with lips. 'I'm going for a bold lip today'

People who overuse the word ‘super’ is fast becoming my biggest bugbear by far. Everything atm, particularly IG influencers is ‘super this’ and ‘super that’. Now that I’ve brought it to your attention, hopefully you’ll see where I am coming from. There are many different words which could replace the word ‘super’
I don't follow influencers but I've definitely noticed this. 'here's a super-simple recipe' etc. Makes a change from everything being 'amazing' I suppose.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8

A jumper is now a knit
Boots are a boot

and so on....
Or when they say 'look at her' or 'she is beautiful' when they're talking about a jumper.

This one really annoys me tbh. Someone I know does it with cars and I've seen an influencer do it with make up :mad:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Bras with itchy washing labels rubbing against my shoulder blades; or on this very occasion right now, between my boobs.

Have tried cutting these things off with scissors or a knife, but it leaves a very rough edge that just makes the itching even more uncomfortable (which presents all sorts of problems when you're sitting in a business meeting (pre covid) or doing a demo in front of people and you're constantly twitching, desperate for a good scratch! :rolleyes:)

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Oversharing on Facebook. Cryptic, attention-seeking status updates. Asking questions that could be answered with a simple Google search!

People calling the floor the ground, or vice versa. Influencers talking about all the pretty autumnal leaves on the floor. No. No. The 'floor' is indoors, the 'ground' is outdoors! It's not hard, people!!!

When you're in a cafe/coffee shop, people dragging the seats across the floor so they make a jarring, scraping noise.

People who decide to get half their groceries in the petrol station, so you're waiting for ages to either pay, or for them to get back to their car and let you use the pump.

People saying "mines" instead of mine.

People turning a yawn into a hum. "huh huh huh"

Emo/hipster types who never use capital letters in their online posts. They'd have to go out of their way to make sure the letters don't capitalise after full stops. They also have to go out of their way to type their silly abbreviations like "rly" to prevent it from auto-correcting. They think they're so cool and alternative.

On a similar vein, people tweeting 'funny' things that 100% never happened. Usually in all lower case, too. And when they use a made-up name with x's at the end to try and be funny, like "yeah ok susan x". There's something about it annoys me, it's almost like a superiority thing?

Overtaking a car that's been crawling along for miles, but as soon as you begin your approach, they suddenly decide to put the foot down.

Boy-racers who put in bulbs that are far too bright.

Having to be the one to move on a footpath. Like when a group of people are all walking along in a row and it's me who has to move to let them past. Sometimes (not now of course) I don't move, I tense my shoulders and brace myself for a bump should they not move. Yep, I'm petty.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Emo/hipster types who never use capital letters in their online posts. They'd have to go out of their way to make sure the letters don't capitalise after full stops. They also have to go out of their way to type their silly abbreviations like "rly" to prevent it from auto-correcting. They think they're so cool and alternative.
iT's BeTtEr ThAn DoInG iT LiKe ThIs ThOuGh :) Seriously that took so long to type! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I won't bore you with the many many reasons why I loathe 10. I mean the privacy and data-mining aspects would fill a few A4 pages of venting, along with bog-standard QA testing prior to rollout is also quite lamentable.

All I will say is when you see some major updates ready to be downloaded/installed, I would suggest you put it on pause for a couple of weeks just in case. Plus to do backups of any critical files, documents prior to installation.

Apart from that W10 is just great:rolleyes:
How do we stop the update from happening? Is there a way you can stop it? Mine updates when I shut it down and it won't let me not to it

Reactions: 2
When women have babies and change their social media to things like “Tylersmummy” or put that in their description.

No, sorry but no. You do not need to give up your identity as a woman, as a person, because you’ve had a kid.

You can still be Cheryl. And Tyler’s mum. It’s okay. 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I went to primark yesterday and the amount of screaming kids in there was awful.

I also hate parents threatening their children instead of just helping their kids deal with their strong emotions. There was a 2-3 year old in a buggy who was in a huge coat and hat, looked hot and was obviously fed up of sitting in the buggy, and the parents had bribed him with a toy. Then when he started to get upset about having to sit still after a while they threatened to and then took the toy off him because he wasn't being quiet which then led onto a complete meltdown. This queue was long 😂 I know it's frowned upon to judge parenting but there were two parents, just one of them could have let him out and followed him around.

And on that subject, parents using santa as a discipline tool. I hate those bleeping elves reporting back to santa, the santa cams, the pretend calls to santa. I also hate the naughty or nice list bullshit.

Primark has obviously triggered me.
This always baffles me mainly because what happens when they're too old for Santa? like I stopped believing in Santa when I was 4! What do you use for discipline then? Cause you can't bribe with santa after they don't believe?!

When women have babies and change their social media to things like “Tylersmummy” or put that in their description.

No, sorry but no. You do not need to give up your identity as a woman, as a person, because you’ve had a kid.

hate this but also hate anyone who does a mini bio on their social media eg:

Wife to John 💍, mummy to 3 gorgeous kids 👦 Tom, dick and harry and 2 dogs 🐶 betsy and wetsy 🤢🤢🤢

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
How do we stop the update from happening? Is there a way you can stop it? Mine updates when I shut it down and it won't let me not to it
If you do the following. Click:-

START
SETTINGS
UPDATE & SECURITY
WINDOWS UPDATE

you should now have a screen similar to the one below. And in this instance the latest major update (20H2) is ready to be installed on my test virtual machine.

However, I want to pause the installation, so click the "pause updates for 7 days"

The screen will then say "Update Paused". Updates will resume on 10/11/2020

If you click "pause updates for 7 days" for a second time, the updates won't install until the 17th.

Click it a 3rd time and it will pause until the 24th, a 4th time the 1st December, and one final time to the 8th December (and that's as far as you can pause the update for)

During that time you can always override the pause by simply clicking "Resume Updates", and this will cause the machine to be updated more or less straight away.

win10.jpg

Reactions: 1

I am so glad you said this. I feel exactly the same.

Reminds me of the time I had a go on the Tombola website cos they were offering a free fiver during lockdown. You can see the names of the players in each 'room' and every single one was something like 'Tylersmummy' 'proudnan' 'mummyof4amazingkids' 'mum2lily-eve'. It left me wondering...do I just not love my kids enough? 🤔😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
hate this but also hate anyone who does a mini bio on their social media eg:

Wife to John 💍, mummy to 3 gorgeous kids 👦 Tom, dick and harry and 2 dogs 🐶 betsy and wetsy 🤢🤢🤢
Yes. Bonus points for when they have "God first" or "Psalm 1:10" in there.

(no hate to anyone who's religious btw. I just don't really understand putting a reference to a Pslam or passage in there though. Just put the quote in there?)

Reactions: 3
Kids that are allowed to run around in restaurants!
And come to think of it, why can't kids walk in supermarkets? Why do they always feel the need to run up and down the aisles 😠

Reactions: 4
Santa/Father Christmas and the sheer lengths some parents go to to build this massive great lie.

Elf on the shelf, paying to see multiple crappy Santas in shopping centres etc.., visits to lapland/'UK lapland', labelling every single present as being from Santa, etc...

I do the Santa thing for my kids but I don't see the point in building it all up to such a huge extent.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.