Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

VIP Member
Always takes about 3 attempts to plug a usb into my phone or tablet due to its asymmetric shape

Wish everything was Thunderbolt 3 or USB-C, because they fit regardless of orientation
As I was saying a few days ago, why manufactures are dragging their heels with USB C?
It's not easy trying to plug a power bank to my MP3 player in the fucking dark.

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
Been sat on the Aldi website for the last half an hour waiting to get a switch from their Black Friday sale. Been refreshing the page manically for the past 5 minutes waiting for it to go live. When it finally does I click on the switch and it’s already sold out. How is that even possible? I was literally on the page the whole time waiting.

I could cry. First our pre Xmas surprise Disneyland trip gets cancelled and now I can’t even get a hold of the one thing my kids wanted for Christmas.

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
When people advertise an item of clothing or footwear on Facebook marketplace but don’t put the size. Then you get loads of people commenting what size hun? Feckin does my box in.
Or sometimes when they do quote size, you have to be damned sure its UK size and not US or EU

VIP Member
Do you know what’s really getting on my tits? These constant stories in the media online saying ‘Mum transforms her cubbyhole into a princess palace with sticky back plastic and a mop from B&M’ etc. It’s called DIY and it’s been around for decades! Am I alone in this?
You really should stop reading the Daily Mail. 🤗

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
heh heh my birthday is actually Christmas Day itself

I've had a childhood and lifetime filled with disappointments
- one party/cake/celebration a year when most people get two. and having to wait a whole year for it to be party time again
- joint presents meant to cover both occasions
- basically nobody giving a shit about my birthday as they're all too busy with Christmas :rolleyes:
- even on occasion had properly printed "Happy Birthday At Christmas" cards. Why do they even exist :mad:
- people who see the date forever gleefully commenting on it like they're the first to notice it. "oooh! your birthday is Christmas Day! Do you get double presents?!!?". Was in the optician today and she did it.
- every year a reminder from my Grandma (well she's dead now so she can't say it any more) "you spoiled your Mum's Christmas Dinner you know!" yeah sorry about that.

On the upside though, I've never ever been to work (or even school) on my birthday. Not many people can say that!
My daughters birthday is during the Christmas days. We've always been strict about keeping the two events separate, but I did get to eat my Christmas dinner so I can't blame her for that 😂 she loves her festive birthday.

Lowri Turner is annoying me today. I need to switch off Jeremy Vine.

Forfoxsake

Been sat on the Aldi website for the last half an hour waiting to get a switch from their Black Friday sale. Been refreshing the page manically for the past 5 minutes waiting for it to go live. When it finally does I click on the switch and it’s already sold out. How is that even possible? I was literally on the page the whole time waiting.

I could cry. First our pre Xmas surprise Disneyland trip gets cancelled and now I can’t even get a hold of the one thing my kids wanted for Christmas.
Have you signed up to Aldi's emails? They usually put Specialbuys on pre-sale say on the Tuesday for the Specialbuys that are due to go live on the Sunday for example. So I there's anything you particularly want, its worth having a look early.

Even then some stuff is often already sold out and you wonder how, but it's aways worth looking early rather than trying to get something on the dot of midnight on the day it's supposed to go on sale, as the stock.has likely dwindled down already due to the pre sale.

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
inky fingers from holding/reading newspapers

trying to find the sell-by/use-by date on a jar (it will sometimes say on the side "See side of lid" or "see base of jar". You do so but its either been rubbed off, smudged, or someone has whacked a price sticker all over it)
Newspapers? What on earth are newspapers? ;)

VIP Member
Now that most shops and other retailers near me insist on paying by card only, I am finding it quite hard to find loose change for things like tickets at carparks, or the rare trip to the launderette, or for the local farmer who only accepts change when buying eggs, milk and spuds.

The nearest bank is 30 miles away, the nearest cash-machine is at the local village shop, but is either out of order, empty, or only handles £20s. And even then the shop itself won't accept notes.

I might, therefore, have to trek to the bank and hope they will offer me some loose cash - although I will check online before doing so.

Another step nearer to a cashless society, except when it doesn't work :confused:
Isn't there a supermarket. main or "local" that have self service tills that take cash nearby? I get my loose change this way, I need loose
change for the rare occasion for public toilets and the tyre pump.

VIP Member
Buggered up my Kindle Fire 8inch, fucking system update went very wrong, bloody thing was hanging on boot screen for over an hour.

I had to do a factory reset, now resetting the kindle, one snag, MX player is no longer compatible with this or my older kindles.

Now I have to try and be a little sneaky and work out a way to install it.

When every first letter of every word is a capital and the rest lower case, it's often because they've typed their entire post in full capitals, and the forum or platform or app that they're on has converted it down in case for them. But it's a quick and dirty conversion, not clever or sophisticated enough to know which letters to leave as caps so it just leaves every first letter in caps. It's an "anti-shouting" measure. Not sure if the Tattle forum does it, a lot of others do.
I have literally just had this problem filling in a form for work. I've tried messing with everything relevant in the settings but it just reverts back, even after I've corrected it. It's taken up so much of my time and has irritated me immensely. So much so that I'm going to apologise for the issue when I email the form back, purely so the recipient doesn't think I'm an idiot who writes all my documents like this!

birdiefly246

VIP Member
I went to primark yesterday and the amount of screaming kids in there was awful.

I also hate parents threatening their children instead of just helping their kids deal with their strong emotions. There was a 2-3 year old in a buggy who was in a huge coat and hat, looked hot and was obviously fed up of sitting in the buggy, and the parents had bribed him with a toy. Then when he started to get upset about having to sit still after a while they threatened to and then took the toy off him because he wasn't being quiet which then led onto a complete meltdown. This queue was long 😂 I know it's frowned upon to judge parenting but there were two parents, just one of them could have let him out and followed him around.

And on that subject, parents using santa as a discipline tool. I hate those fucking elves reporting back to santa, the santa cams, the pretend calls to santa. I also hate the naughty or nice list bullshit.

Primark has obviously triggered me.
This always baffles me mainly because what happens when they're too old for Santa? like I stopped believing in Santa when I was 4! What do you use for discipline then? Cause you can't bribe with santa after they don't believe?!

VIP Member
My shed is still leaking, not as bad as before, good news is I know where the leak is. All I need is a length of wood, couple of screws, brackets and some wood glue.

VIP Member
Door knockers (pauses for the inevitable giggling from the cheap seats at the back :ROFLMAO: )

Yes, I have a knocker, and it does my head in why delivery people have to bang on it so hard and so repetitively, when there's a perfectly good doorbell right next to it!
Assuming the doorbell actually works! On many properties I can't always hear the doorbell ring, especially if the house has been converted to flats, even if the doorbell lights up there is no guarantee the bell works. I will wait for an answer, I do allow plenty of time, then I use the knocker but I
don't do it very hard.

You will be surprised how many properties don't have a doorbell at all.

petitspois

VIP Member
Now that hits a nail of mine well and truly on the head!

When I email out, my full name is in my signature in bold. And yet my replies usually consist of my first name being abbreviated to just "Zee" or "Zoe", even though I never invited them to do that, especially in formal emails.

Likewise, my surname - although difficult to spell given its Dutch origins - is still in my bloody signature! :rolleyes:
I have the same problem but with people pronouncing my first name. It's really unusual and the amount of people that say it wrong then continue to do so even when they know different astounds me.

VIP Member
I bought this really cool Power Bank a short while ago, today I was going to write a review on Amazon but the item is no longer on Amazon.
Turns out the Power Bank doesn't even appear on the manufacturers website either, this also means I can't get another one if I want to.