Little things in life that annoy you immensely #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People who put maps of the run they've just done on Facebook, plus a photo of their beaming face 'just smashed 5k again'. Like every single day. 🙄
Yep, complete with a screenshotted “accurate” time of 25 mins or less! When in reality, the only place they’re usian bolting it to at that speed, is the local chippy

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Middle aged women who still think they’re 25, you all know the sort, the type who live their life through their children but typically have many unresolved issues and delusions of grandeur!

If you’re 55 with bleach blonde hair using filters and denying your age..have a quiet word with yourself
I hate when young woman look down on women over 40 as if it won’t be them one day sooner than they think.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I hate when young woman look down on women over 40 as if it won’t be them one day sooner than they think.
When I’m over 40 I won’t be using dog filters and living my life through my child, that’s the only thing I look down on

Reactions: 7
Insomnia, used to be able to just nod off, lucky now if I get 4 hrs sleep

• Heart
Reactions: 7
The plantur shampoo advert that’s says it’s particularly good for women then whispers ‘espically those over 40’ fucks me off no end. Like being over 40 is a dirty secret. I’m not far off and find that so offensive and backward.
I had a 26 year old calling me Middle Aged on Facebook the other day. Like I was washed up and past it. I can guarantee at my age I’m more emotionally, mentally and financially secure with more life, practical, travel and emotional experience than that 26 year old Yet she was using it as an insult. I didn’t really get it

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The plantur shampoo advert that’s says it’s particularly good for women then whispers ‘espically those over 40’ fucks me off no end. Like being over 40 is a dirty secret. I’m not far off and find that so offensive and backward.
I had a 26 year old calling me Middle Aged on Facebook the other day. Like I was washed up and past it. I can guarantee at my age I’m more emotionally, mentally and financially secure with more life, practical, travel and emotional experience than that 26 year old Yet she was using it as an insult. I didn’t really get it
I have no desire to be in my 20s again. It’s quite an eye opener turning 40 and realising you’re invisible/a laughing stock just for being you. Don’t be mutton dressed as lamb, don’t use certain words or phrases, don’t use certain filters on social media, the list goes on. It’s misogyny and particularly sticks in the throat when it comes from a women. But this is the sad world we live in.

Reactions: 17
I really hate the term 'Female Boss/Girl Boss'.

Isn't it just the equivalent of saying you're the 'manageress'? It seems like the total opposite of what they are trying to get across. Taking feminism back 20 years. I'd rather be just the Boss, thanks đŸ€—

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I have no desire to be in my 20s again. It’s quite an eye opener turning 40 and realising you’re invisible/a laughing stock just for being you. Don’t be mutton dressed as lamb, don’t use certain words or phrases, don’t use certain filters on social media, the list goes on. It’s misogyny and particularly sticks in the throat when it comes from a women. But this is the sad world we live in.
Oh my, I have this to look forward to then.
Funnily enough this was from a woman on the #bekind high horse. I’d commented on a severely photoshopped picture, I said it’s sad that they photo shopped it so badly they’ve warped the girls dimensions (you could see the blur tool). I got ‘it’s sad that a Middle Aged woman is criticising a poor young model, women should lift each other up, not put them down, what happened to be kind’ So I said, ‘I’m not criticising the model, I’m criticising a company that has used photoshop to slim a model to unachievable proportions. It’s clearly edited’. Again, ‘You’re sad that at your age you’re commenting on young women, You’ve got zero intelligence, she just looks like that. You’re probably jealous, grow up and act your age. You’re bullying a poor young girl, get an IQ. These days we’re kind to each other’
I honestly was flabbergasted not just the fact she couldn’t see her own nastiness while claiming be kind and support women, not the mere 12 yrs difference but at the use of age as such an insult. She must have seen when I attended uni as that’s the only indication of my age too.

I fully support #bekind but it’s brandished at any kind of criticism, even valid. It shouldn’t mean people can’t say anything that’s not completely positive lest we end up totally unable to accept a different opinion.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Instagram/editorial makeup trends that look ridiculous irl. Very heavy countouring all around the face, very intense highlights, too perfect eyebrows, overinflated lips, you name it...

Reactions: 11
I don’t even want to write it. But people who write draws instead of drawers. It gives me all kind of rage.
And the worst? Chester draws đŸ˜©

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Oversharing baby photos. The baby is 5 days old and I've counted 30 posts so far on the dad's instagram. The mum is private and then the overly cringy dad is sharing everything.

I know I've wrote the oversharing thing before but this person is really annoying me

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I don’t even want to write it. But people who write draws instead of drawers. It gives me all kind of rage.
Omg I hate this too. I saw a sign in mamas and papas till once that said something like ‘returns draw’ it really does make me shudder.

Reactions: 3
I'm in Berlin for work for the next few months (essential travel so not flouting corona rules) and today I took a trip to visit the memorial of the Jews that died in the holocaust. So tell me why there are people posing for bleeping selfies with it??? Like why would you want a picture of yourself smiling next to something like that?! I can only assume these people are ignorant cause it's not as if you wouldn't have awareness of the loss and tradegy behind it. Thankfully at the homosexual and roma memorials people were a lot more respectful! Baffles me.
I don't get this either. I can only assume that they ARE ignorant and it's some kind of weird virtue signalling. Like when people visit the concentration camp sites and talk about how upsetting it was for THEM as opposed to reflecting on the reality of what happened.

Reactions: 5
^ Exactly, and the ones who climb onto the monuments or take photos with weird acrobatic poses between the slabs piss me off the most. Not everything is "insta goals".

Reactions: 4
When we visited Auschwitz in 2018 there was a couple on the same 'tour' and they kept taking selfies of them kissing, it really pissed me off. There was also someone else climbing on things he shouldn't have been to get shots for the gram. I was honestly sickened at how ignorant and disgusting some people are. Its also like the people that tag themselves at these places on social media? I'm only in my 20s so it's not like I'm an older person looking down on the young ones as it's literally people my age!

Yes!! It's so much worse when it's in a shop too!! It's bloody drawers!!!!!!!

Maybe a bit pedantic to some but it really boils my blood when I see "but yet" being used together. Even writing it myself gave me a little rage.

• Angry
Reactions: 8
People who try to skip the queue!! It makes my blood boil. Often if there's a long line and I see a pregnant lady or an elderly person etc I'll tell them to ahead of me, that's just good manners.. but people purposely trying to skip.. NO.

When I was working in retail I used to notice it all the time, particularly around Xmas where we were super busy. I'd always refuse to serve them and make them go to the back of the line.

Reactions: 14
People who try to skip the queue!! It makes my blood boil. Often if there's a long line and I see a pregnant lady or an elderly person etc I'll tell them to ahead of me, that's just good manners.. but people purposely trying to skip.. NO.

When I was working in retail I used to notice it all the time, particularly around Xmas where we were super busy. I'd always refuse to serve them and make them go to the back of the line.
Especially during COVID when they pretend they don’t know how the que in aisle system works, as if you’re just stood there for the good of your health

• Haha
Reactions: 9
When we visited Auschwitz in 2018 there was a couple on the same 'tour' and they kept taking selfies of them kissing, it really pissed me off. There was also someone else climbing on things he shouldn't have been to get shots for the gram. I was honestly sickened at how ignorant and disgusting some people are. Its also like the people that tag themselves at these places on social media? I'm only in my 20s so it's not like I'm an older person looking down on the young ones as it's literally people my age!

Excuse me here but what the ever loving duck???? First of all that is just disgustingly disrespectful but aside from that just why?? What is romantic or coupley about auschwitz? You're not walking around paris or italy, you're walking around a literal concentration camp?

I am also in my twenties and it pisses me off to no end. I'm the same as you this isn't like a "oh the younger generation" thing... It is my generation!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.