Little things in life that annoy you immensely #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My husband does my absolute head in when he’s been sitting about for ages doing naff all then I say we’re going out somewhere and somehow he decides that’s the time go to and sit on the toilet??! Are you having a laugh???
God, I thought it was only mine that did this! Drives me nuts too

• Haha
Reactions: 8
People that post pictures of themselves in a bikini saying things on the lines of "take me back..." with a holiday background, or "Wish it was still summer" Shut up you narcissistic prick and admit that you're just collecting likes and comments about your body. I will admit there is a bit of jealously on my part as I'm a fat witch lol but the point still stands.

Same when people take a selfie of themselves all dolled up, knowing full well they are looking pretty decent but trying to distract with a non related caption like "bored" "I love my bed" or some such bullshit when we all know that you're just wanting to post a good pic of yourself. Just bleeping own it for gods sake.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
DAMART!

My Mother uses Damart and a few days ago she tried to pay the bill but she was told she had to use the automated system to do this.
In the past Mother would pay over the phone dealing with a human but Damart no longer allow this. The bill has been paid now, I paid
using the automated system, my Mother is 89 years old and has problems with the buttons on phones. Also Mother was really pissed
off with this and even after 20 years with Damart she has told them she will no longer use them.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
It really winds me up when people have a rant and then say rant over.. Like, I think I get its over when you stop talking /put a full stop 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Another gripe online... when people overuse the word lol for things that aren't funny in the slightest. Do they know it means Laugh Out Loud?

"Watching a movie, Lol" WTF is so funny about that?
"Fish and Chips for dinner tonight! Lol" Again, side splitting stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
When a paving flag cracks on a pavement and the council replace it with tarmac 😤

Reactions: 1
DAMART!

My Mother uses Damart and a few days ago she tried to pay the bill but she was told she had to use the automated system to do this.
In the past Mother would pay over the phone dealing with a human but Damart no longer allow this. The bill has been paid now, I paid
using the automated system, my Mother is 89 years old and has problems with the buttons on phones. Also Mother was really pissed
off with this and even after 20 years with Damart she has told them she will no longer use them.
I am 34 and I hate automated systems too. I work in a call center so I deal with angry customers who can't get along with automated systems and I do feel for them. Especially those who are elderly like your mum or those who have issues with their speech such as a stammer or they have had a stroke, what are they meant to do?

Reactions: 4
I am 34 and I hate automated systems too. I work in a call center so I deal with angry customers who can't get along with automated systems and I do feel for them. Especially those who are elderly like your mum or those who have issues with their speech such as a stammer or they have had a stroke, what are they meant to do?
Thankfully I'm on hand to do these tasks but if my Mother lived alone she would be in real trouble and would have to depend on a neighbour which isn't really what Mother would like, plus there is the issue of trust. Mother has a credit card which I'm now paying off myself, thanks mainly to the fact I have online banking and I can do this sort of thing.

Reactions: 2
Hope I don’t offend anyone with this one but I’m in Scotland and because our school holidays are earlier than down south (end of June until mid August) I hate how UK wide companies and influencers trying to flog stuff just ignore that fact and cater completely to the English school hols. Even just an acknowledgement of it esp from English influencers who have a UK wide following would be nice. Absolutely not having a go at English people in general here by the way. It’s just annoying and makes Scotland feel kinda invisible. I’ve unfollowed so many companies and influencers for this.

Another one while I’m here is when people say they don’t have an accent. Like their accent was the first one ever invented and everyone else is different. It’s so arrogant. Every single person on the planet has an accent. There is no ‘default’ accent.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Hope I don’t offend anyone with this one but I’m in Scotland and because our school holidays are earlier than down south (end of June until mid August) I hate how UK wide companies and influencers trying to flog stuff just ignore that fact and cater completely to the English school hols. Even just an acknowledgement of it esp from English influencers who have a UK wide following would be nice. Absolutely not having a go at English people in general here by the way. It’s just annoying and makes Scotland feel kinda invisible. I’ve unfollowed so many companies and influencers for this.
Oh yes!! This has always annoyed me!

It really winds me up when people have a rant and then say rant over.. Like, I think I get its over when you stop talking /put a full stop 😂
Adding on when people do a statement sentence and end it with rant over. For example:

"He's pissing me off. Rant over". 🤦🏻‍♀️

Facebook ’challenges’.

‘I accept the challenge to post 10 pics that show what being a Mum means/10 pics of my garden/a photo without make up’

no you don’t, you just want to show off.

Reactions: 23
Facebook ’challenges’.

‘I accept the challenge to post 10 pics that show what being a Mum means/10 pics of my garden/a photo without make up’

Or tag 10 cool mums you know, and they tag those that you see screaming at their precious Harvey at the school gate every sodding morning.

And people that go on and on and on every birthday how they can't cope with how old their child is getting (3 years old) and we have the whole birth montage plus the last three years worth of birthday pictures. Kids grow, that's what they do. I'm so hypocritical as I have done this in the past but then had a word with myself

Reactions: 13
Trying to rip my Deep Space Nine dvd's to the computer, sadly some of the discs have decayed due to DVD ROT.
I've managed to salvage a couple of episodes from the damaged discs but it will mean I have will not have the
complete season. (season 7) The same has happened with a few dvd's from all seasons of DS9.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Facebook ’challenges’.

There was one doing its rounds a couple years ago which was to do with mental health and it was saying things like my fridge is stocked, wine ready to go, kettle boiling come to me for a chat. It then said i want ten of my friends to share this to show that they can be reached in a crisis......oh duck the duck off 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
There was one doing its rounds a couple years ago which was to do with mental health and it was saying things like my fridge is stocked, wine ready to go, kettle boiling come to me for a chat. It then said i want ten of my friends to share this to show that they can be reached in a crisis......oh duck the duck off 🤣🤣
I found the people that posted those were the fuckers who totally ignored me when I suffered horrendously from post natal mental health

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Talking about Facebook, a while ago when Facebook games and team games like Mobwars were popular, I had a fuckwit message me saying I had been rude during the game to one of her mob members, and if I didn't apologize thru Facebook and thru the game she and her mob would keep on killing me thru the game and would spam my page.

I told her to get a life and do her worst, as it's only a game as far as I a concerned.

I hate morons like this.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I found the people that posted those were the fuckers who totally ignored me when I suffered horrendously from post natal mental health
My old friends from school would always post for mental health awareness day etc with quotes and hearts and whatever, yet whenever I bring up my mental health and that I was at one point suicidal (had to be rushed into therapy as a teen) they all give each other awkward looks, act like I'm loopy and change the subject.

If the topic makes you a bit uncomfortable ok but don't be posting about how anyone can come and talk to you about it, when clearly they can't.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

This boiled my piss because none of them would open their bleeping doors if you needed them. Half of them don't have a clue about mental health and just want to show off.

Every single one of those "challenge/copy and paste/shares" statuses should be banned.

When I get one saying "let's see how far we can share...blah blah" I can guarantee it'll stop with me.

Reactions: 14
Trying to rip my Deep Space Nine dvd's to the computer, sadly some of the discs have decayed due to DVD ROT.
I've managed to salvage a couple of episodes from the damaged discs but it will mean I have will not have the
complete season. (season 7) The same has happened with a few dvd's from all seasons of DS9.
DVD rot is a thing? Damn.

On Facebook challenges. The worst ones to me are the ones involving exercise “I’m going to do 50 pull ups for 30 days to raise awareness for [insert charity/cause here]”.

It’s always a certain type of people who do the exercise ones. Just seems like an excuse to show off. Who even watches these challenge videos anyway? They are a total snooze fest of narcissism.

Reactions: 3
DVD rot is a thing? Damn.
Yep, however in my case of the DS9 problems it was down to badly made dvd's which is why some went tits up.
I've ended up having to re buy just to be able to copy them to the computer, may sound a little OCD but I would
like the entire collection instead oh an incomplete collection.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.