Little things in life that annoy you immensely #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When you are in a shop and the person in front of you has a total of £8.46 and they declare "oh I'll give you the 46p." And what follows is an archological dig into purses/wallets/pockets and of those of the person they are with to make it up. Extra annoyance points if they discover they don't have enough change in the end.

Similar to those who have to have six thousand scratch cards and lottery tickets checked in the corner shop.... And then mess about buying more. "I'll have a number 3.... A number 8.... A number 6.... 8 lucky dips.... A thunder ball.... A euromillions" ahhhhhhh!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
When the tv remote control goes missing and only a thorough tidy up of the living room will unearth it. So annoying. I'm currently in this situation & cannot watch anything so going to bed to read Tattle.
You can download an app for your phone

When you write an essay of a comment on tattle but decide to not post it (forget to or the moments passed)... Manually trying to delete that bastard only works when you're writing a new comment.

I wish tattle had a 'discard comment' button.

Or maybe I'm just missing something?!
Click, select all, delete all

That they have stopped putting the plastic lids on yoghurt

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
OAPs doddering around the extremely busy supermarket on Saturdays and Sundays. Why don't you go during the week when we're all at work and it's quiet! 😩

Also people visiting the supermarket like it's a family day out with two parents and their five feral sprogs blocking the whole section you need to get to. The kids are always doing gymnastics or karate or some tit while their mum's comparing beans. 🥴

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Threads on here that talk about the same things over and over, the subject will finally change then someone will bring up old stories and everyone will discuss it all over again making the same comments and jokes 😴

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Also people visiting the supermarket like it's a family day out with two parents and their five feral sprogs blocking the whole section you need to get to. The kids are always doing gymnastics or karate or some tit while their mum's comparing beans. 🥴
This drives me mad, why does it need to be a family outing?! Aldi is busy enough as it is without you blocking the whole bleeping aisle and your kids are giving me a headache

• Haha
Reactions: 14
When the phone rings but you're too busy to answer it. It stops ringing when you've finished what you're doing and go to answer it.

Reactions: 4
The Saturday Asda shop was always the highlight of my week as a kid. We got a 25-30 min car ride and didn't go anywhere other then school. I liked seeing the new magazines and looking at the books.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
When you're in the bank (if you're lucky enough to have a local branch) and the person in front of you in a huge queue gets to the only cashier and says, 'I'd like to pay in some coins,' proceeding to haul twenty little plastic bags of 2ps and 10ps onto the counter. Several minutes later they're all done and the cashier asks if there's anything else. And you hear those dreaded words: 'I wonder if while I'm here I could set up a new standing order...'
PS 👆 this was me in the bank last week. So basically I'm annoying myself... 😩😳😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
When you're in the bank (if you're lucky enough to have a local branch) and the person in front of you in a huge queue gets to the only cashier and says, 'I'd like to pay in some coins,' proceeding to haul twenty little plastic bags of 2ps and 10ps onto the counter. Several minutes later they're all done and the cashier asks if there's anything else. And you hear those dreaded words: 'I wonder if while I'm here I could set up a new standing order...'
PS 👆 this was me in the bank last week. So basically I'm annoying myself... 😩😳😂
every time i have to pop to the bank on my lunch hour to pay in Christmas or birthday money its a 3 mile queue of pensioners doing this, having a chat! Im in a hurry ffs!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
every time i have to pop to the bank on my lunch hour to pay in Christmas or birthday money its a 3 mile queue of pensioners doing this, having a chat! Im in a hurry ffs!!!
There won't be any branches when you're a pensioner. Waitrose is similar for having older shoppers pootling around.

Reactions: 1
When you are in a shop and the person in front of you has a total of £8.46 and they declare "oh I'll give you the 46p." And what follows is an archological dig into purses/wallets/pockets and of those of the person they are with to make it up. Extra annoyance points if they discover they don't have enough change in the end.

Similar to those who have to have six thousand scratch cards and lottery tickets checked in the corner shop.... And then mess about buying more. "I'll have a number 3.... A number 8.... A number 6.... 8 lucky dips.... A thunder ball.... A euromillions" ahhhhhhh!!!!
I do part time work in a shop and we have one guy who pays £2.45 in 5ps - we always thought he saved up his change to buy his pint of milk and paper every day. Turns out he gets £ coins changed into 5ps at the Post Office specially to pay us. Every day, £2.45 counted into my hand. Aarrgghh.

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
When people on tiktok start their videos with “hi, if you don’t know me my names x”. Why would I know you? You’ve got 9 followers love

• Haha
Reactions: 8
When your phone drops from 20% battery to zero in a matter of seconds.

When you plug the dead phone in and it decides it actually still had 16% battery after all, it just fancied a rest.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
When you're on a relatively empty bus and a group or family get on and sit on separate seats in front and to the side of/behind you, surrounding you, then shout their inane bleeping conversation over your head.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
My partner shaves his beard in the downstairs mirror and always ‘forgets’ to sweep the hairs up off of the floor afterwards 😑🙃

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
The supermarket ... people dawdling along then coming to a sudden halt; people who decide to have a reunion in the aisles while everyone is trying to get around them; store workers filling the shelves during the busiest times of the day (and blocking up the aisle with their oversized trolleys) ... ugh

Reactions: 11
Parking.

Specifically the hole I just encountered at B&Q, who arrived after me, reverse parked so his rear bumper was practically touching my front bumper, then stood waiting, angrily tapping his foot, because he'd not left enough room to load his massive planks of wood into the boot of his car.

Also, people who park next to me but the opposite way around. It puts their wing mirror right next to my rear door where I'm trying to get my kid out without bashing anything with the door.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Yobbos/scallies/neighborhood pests (not sure what you call them but antisocial pains) roaring up & down the roads on mini motorcycles. Without helmets. And you can't say anything as your car wing mirrors will be ripped off or even worse. Depressing.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.