Little things in life that annoy you immensely #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In an emergency, you can download a TV remote app for the phone. I was amazed at this, it does work (with a wifi-connected TV, anyway). Didn’t change the actual remote, with a broken button, for ages! - but a physical remote is still better than the app.
I've just discovered the roku remote app 😮
I am endlessly annoyed when the remote is missing and everyone 'searches' for it within 10 inches of their vicinity i.e. not getting off their arses!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I've just discovered the roku remote app 😮
I am endlessly annoyed when the remote is missing and everyone 'searches' for it within 10 inches of their vicinity i.e. not getting off their arses!
Is the TV ad for this the one that randomly sounds like it says 'duck you/off' in the middle. It doesn't actually say that but it does sound like it if you're only half listening.

Reactions: 1
Is the TV ad for this the one that randomly sounds like it says 'duck you/off' in the middle. It doesn't actually say that but it does sound like it if you're only half listening.
The gif? I don't know! It just roughly showed where I am with regards to technology !

The gif? I don't know! It just roughly showed where I am with regards to technology !
No, not the gif. Sorry! I didn't explain it very well. I'm sure there is an advert on TV at the moment that is for Roku that sounds like it swears in the middle. I'm not 100% sure it's for Roku though. I've seen it three times in the last couple of days but I probably won't see it again for ages now. It might be on the channel five app not the actual TV.

• Wow
When the tv remote control goes missing and only a thorough tidy up of the living room will unearth it. So annoying. I'm currently in this situation & cannot watch anything so going to bed to read Tattle.
Why are tv remotes always black? Why don't they make them in bright colours so that they're harder to lose? We have a black sofa, and 3 black remotes. We can never find them, especially if we're watching a film with the lights down!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Why are tv remotes always black? Why don't they make them in bright colours so that they're harder to lose? We have a black sofa, and 3 black remotes. We can never find them, especially if we're watching a film with the lights down!
I buy glow-in-the-dark covers for mine. I also have velcro on the back of them and stick them to the headboard. I only watch TV for an hour or so before bed though.

Reactions: 6
It is a Roku ad! I thought I was the only one who heard this! The ad says something involving "4k now" and it absolutely sounds like "bleeping hell" and catches my attention every time 😂.

The fire stick ones are tiny too, genuinely considering gluing mine to a big bit of wood so I don't lose the fucker 20 times a day.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Samsung have done some update overnight and the symbol for text messages has changed. It's horrible and makes my eyes feel like I have double vision when I look at it. There was nothing wrong with the old one!

Reactions: 4
People choosing the most exotic and unreliable shipping courier.

And, new discovery of today: Badly fitting makeup displays at the drugstore. I wanted to get a compact powder put all were stuck so weirdly that even after two minutes of fiddling I couldn’t manage to extract one ( and have ruined my poor cuticle). Chose to not buy anything after that, so their loss.

People choosing the most exotic and unreliable shipping courier.

And, new discovery of today: Badly fitting makeup displays at the drugstore. I wanted to get a compact powder put all were stuck so weirdly that even after two minutes of fiddling I couldn’t manage to extract one ( and have ruined my poor cuticle). Chose to not buy anything after that, so their loss.
That drives me nuts, so many times I’ve struggled to get cosmetics out of the display!

Trying to unwrap a mascara winds me up as well.

Abandoned basket emails, looking at you Ocado and Cult Beauty 😒

Reactions: 6
When on a plane, booked the aisle seat, and there’s someone in the middle seat who won’t move to the empty window seat. Why?! Why?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Blokes who wont cry, then when they finally lose the battle against this weird macho "must not cry" its more dramatic than if you had just cried!!!
Im talking huffing, puffing, arms up in the air. All sorts of nonsense. Toxic masculinity at its best. Just have a bloody cry its fine!

Blokes who wont cry, then when they finally lose the battle against this weird macho "must not cry" its more dramatic than if you had just cried!!!
Im talking huffing, puffing, arms up in the air. All sorts of nonsense. Toxic masculinity at its best. Just have a bloody cry its fine!
absolutely! It starts so young. I was at the playground with my daughter, and a toddler boy fell over and had a bit of a cry. His dad looked absolutely horrified and was shouting “Don’t cry! Don’t cry!” Let the poor lad have a whinge, FFS! I’m sure a lot of men think letting their boys cry means they’ll turn out gay, as if that’s a bad thing.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
absolutely! It starts so young. I was at the playground with my daughter, and a toddler boy fell over and had a bit of a cry. His dad looked absolutely horrified and was shouting “Don’t cry! Don’t cry!” Let the poor lad have a whinge, FFS! I’m sure a lot of men think letting their boys cry means they’ll turn out gay, as if that’s a bad thing.
I also see dads begging their kids not to cry and i think it's about not knowing what to do, as much as anything else.
They might as well be saying "Don't be hurt! I don't know what to do, I don't want to look incompetent! " or "Don't be sad! I don't know how to comfort you, don't make me look bad!" or "Don't be frustrated, I don't know how to cope with that either, let's not get found out!"....

• Heart
Its awful! Fair enough when kids cry for no reason, parent them, find out why they are crying but its the attitude of boys dont cry. Then they become these emotionally unavailable men.

I also see dads begging their kids not to cry and i think it's about not knowing what to do, as much as anything else.
They might as well be saying "Don't be hurt! I don't know what to do, I don't want to look incompetent! " or "Don't be sad! I don't know how to comfort you, don't make me look bad!" or "Don't be frustrated, I don't know how to cope with that either, let's not get found out!"....
I get when a kids screaming the place down its embarrassing but usually they do it because they want something, if they hurt themselves comfort them! That's what makes you look like a good parent!

When you get a spot right on the boundary between your lip and skin, why do they hurt so much

Reactions: 11
Am i meant to be be able to remember my password? Some of the website seem like no.

And yes I do understand why some have the requirements they do

Reactions: 3
Am i meant to be be able to remember my password? Some of the website seem like no.

And yes I do understand why some have the requirements they do
You can do autosave but then it seems a bit pointless having a password in the first place doing that. I do think the trend of having to make passwords insanely complicated backfires a bit. Like you have to put in a certain number of numbers, symbols, caps and no caps etc. It just leads to you either forgetting it or having to write them all down, which isn't very secure

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.