Little things in life that annoy you immensely #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People who ring the doorbell and bang on the door at the same time, especially when you’re not expecting anyone - it’s unnecessarily loud and aggressive for those of us who live on the edge (of their nerves).
There is nothing worse than this. Also when people hammer the door like 'THUD THUD THUD'. What's wrong with doing a little 'tap... tap tap... tap... tap tap'. Makes me jump out of my skin!!

Reactions: 6
When someone on the motorway is doing about 50mph in the left lane (for no reason). bleeping hell you’re going to cause an accident

Reactions: 8
When I can’t use the washing machine or dryer because adult child still has stuff sitting in them both for the last 3 days.

Reactions: 1
Air bnbs..

I swear they used to be a slightly cheaper/quirkier alternative to hotels?

now it’s like they are even more expensive and with a long list of demands: empty the bin, strip the bedsheets, wash every cup, make sure the dishwasher is emptied etc.

I don’t mind tidying up after myself within reason but I don’t want to be doing housework when I’m on holiday? Especially when I’m paying an extortionate cleaning fee?!
Yes it's a joke. I stayed in an expensive lodge a few months ago and the instructions were ridiculous, stripping the bedsheets and taking bins out? If I'm expected to do that then why is the check out at 9am and check in at 4pm? What do they actually have left to do that would take 7 hours

Yes it's a joke. I stayed in an expensive lodge a few months ago and the instructions were ridiculous, stripping the bedsheets and taking bins out? If I'm expected to do that then why is the check out at 9am and check in at 4pm? What do they actually have left to do that would take 7 hours
and on the topic of air bnbs…

I have been to *so* many where the water/heating doesn’t work. Usually for Hen dos. Really large buildings that cater for ~10 adults but the hot water never works.

there’s no way they aren’t aware it’s an issue. My theory is they turn it off or limit it on purpose because they are always so laissez faire about fixing it, as if not being to shower for a long weekend on holiday is no biggy, or not having heating on a chilly night is no big deal.

Reactions: 3
2 adults plus kids going food shopping. Do some families think of it as a good afternoon out?
One adult stay home with the kids and the other go to the supermarket. Easier for everyone and you aren't blocking the aisles

• Heart
Reactions: 18
2 adults plus kids going food shopping. Do some families think of it as a good afternoon out?
One adult stay home with the kids and the other go to the supermarket. Easier for everyone and you aren't blocking the aisles
during lockdowns it infuriated me to see two adults with their kids, Leisurely doing a food shop while there were queues outside of people waiting in the cold and rain.

Reactions: 9
This annoys me so much, why does it need to be a family outing when one adult can stay home and make it easier for everyone? Move you’re blocking the aisle and your kid’s pissing me off 😂

Reactions: 13
C
When my kid was small, my husband would drop me off at the supermarket on the way to our son's swimming lesson on Saturday mornings. By the time the lesson was over, I'd done all of the shopping and was waiting to be picked up to go home. Who wants to drag a whiny kid (and husband) around the shops? I only learned to drive so that I could go shopping alone! 🤣

Reactions: 10
This annoys me so much, why does it need to be a family outing when one adult can stay home and make it easier for everyone? Move you’re blocking the aisle and your kid’s pissing me off 😂
When mine were babies/toddlers a trip to the supermarket on my own was like a flipping spa day! I wouldn’t take them unless I really had to. Now I go when they’re at school, and avoid weekends at all costs, but if I did have to go I wouldn’t make it a family outing! All they do is moan and want me to buy things I didn’t want to buy. I get popping in for a few bits if you’re out anyway (altho one adult and the kids would prob wait in the car if it was my family) but a special outing of everyone, for the full weekly shop? Nope.

People do just seem to be getting more and more inconsiderate if you ask me. Not worrying if they’re blocking aisles or whatever. Seems like A lot of people only worry about themselves these days and don’t care what effect they may have on others around them.

Reactions: 9
When mine were babies/toddlers a trip to the supermarket on my own was like a flipping spa day! I wouldn’t take them unless I really had to. Now I go when they’re at school, and avoid weekends at all costs, but if I did have to go I wouldn’t make it a family outing! All they do is moan and want me to buy things I didn’t want to buy. I get popping in for a few bits if you’re out anyway (altho one adult and the kids would prob wait in the car if it was my family) but a special outing of everyone, for the full weekly shop? Nope.

People do just seem to be getting more and more inconsiderate if you ask me. Not worrying if they’re blocking aisles or whatever. Seems like A lot of people only worry about themselves these days and don’t care what effect they may have on others around them.
I know kids can’t always be left at home, my dad often worked nights so I’d be dragged round the aisles with my mum but I got a bollocking if I acted up or got in anyone’s way. When both parents are there though I really see no need for it. The kids don’t want to be there and other shoppers don’t really want them there either to be frank, one of them should just stay home with the kids. The parent that does the shopping will be able to get round the supermarket quicker without being pestered for chocolate bars 😂

It seems to be treated as a family day out by some, for sure.
And as has been said, during lockdowns, that was especially annoying.

BIB - this, absolutely! Three times today in a shopping centre, three different women parked up a trolley where I was about to walk as though I didn't exist. No fear of waiting the second or two to allow me to pass by.

In another case, a woman looked at me with the sourest puss imaginable, as I had the cheek to be in an aisle in a small shop and she had to wait two seconds for me to bow and scrape (not really 😁) out of her way.

I did encounter nice people too though! 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 3
People who ring the doorbell and bang on the door at the same time, especially when you’re not expecting anyone - it’s unnecessarily loud and aggressive for those of us who live on the edge (of their nerves).
I do that all the time, you'd be amazed how many doorbells don't work.

I do that all the time, you'd be amazed how many doorbells don't work.
Do you not ring the doorbell, wait to see if someone comes to the door and then knock or do you do both simultaneously?

I tend to do the former. As you say, you don’t know if the doorbell is working or not as it’s not all the time you can hear the bell whilst you’re stood outside but I still give the person a chance to come to the door before I then knock

Reactions: 1
Do you not ring the doorbell, wait to see if someone comes to the door and then knock or do you do both simultaneously?

I tend to do the former. As you say, you don’t know if the doorbell is working or not as it’s not all the time you can hear the bell whilst you’re stood outside but I still give the person a chance to come to the door before I then knock
I ring the bell and if I don't hear it myself I bang on the door (postie, I'm not waiting around too long)

Reactions: 2
There was a thread on mumsnet years ago about whole familes going to the supermarket together. The reason people that do it gave were mainly, the couple don't trust each other to do the shopping. But they could still go seperatly. Some people said only one person could drive and they couldn't be trusted to do the shop.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Scooters on the school run. It is too busy for a kid to be scooting along bashing into your ankles or stopping dead in front of you so you almost trip over them!
Even worse when they get the scooters out of the car and let them scoot the one straight path to school 🥲

• Heart
Reactions: 5
There was a thread on mumsnet years ago about whole familes going to the supermarket together. The reason people that do it gave were mainly, the couple don't trust each other to do the shopping. But they could still go seperatly. Some people said only one person could drive and they couldn't be trusted to do the shop.
good Lord. It’s a food shop, not rocket science

Scooters on the school run. It is too busy for a kid to be scooting along bashing into your ankles or stopping dead in front of you so you almost trip over them!
Even worse when they get the scooters out of the car and let them scoot the one straight path to school 🥲
I live pretty close to a few schools and this sort of behaviour is complained about a *lot* on local groups.

i literally avoid running errands around this time because of;
• Entitled parents taking up the path while chatting with friends/ pushing through with their prams
• feral kids taking over with their scooters whilst mum/dad is half a mile away
• parents parking and blocking drive ways/parking halfway up the curb and blocking the footpath

the headmistress of the school has had to issue a few public pleas and respond to numerous complaints but the behaviour persists. It’s honestly wild.

Reactions: 4
This has never bothered me, until yesterday, all the way round aldi, GRACEY-MAE BRING ME THE TROLLEY, ALFIE …. ALFIE …. ALFIE, ALFIE WILL YOU JUST LEAVE THINGS ALONE, RIGHT THIS SAYS WE NEED 3 BANANAS CAN YOU FIND THE BANANAS? …. 😬 JUST MOVE FFS!!!!
Like why would you put yourself through that? I get if your a single parent, but home delivery all the way or there’s or even click and collect at aldi.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.