Little things in life that annoy you immensely #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I get hugely annoyed when I pay for next day delivery and it doesn’t come. Or if I have a next day delivery subscription for things like ASOS/Look Fantastic and it doesn’t come the next day.
I don't mind as much with ASOS with the subscription but really annoying when I pay like 6 pound for next day and it doesn't come. Ordered something recently with next day and it didn't come so contacted the retailer for refund. They refunded the delivery fee but made it sound as if they're just being nice to appease me. You didn't provide the service I paid for, so what do you expect??!

Reactions: 13
I don't mind as much with ASOS with the subscription but really annoying when I pay like 6 pound for next day and it doesn't come. Ordered something recently with next day and it didn't come so contacted the retailer for refund. They refunded the delivery fee but made it sound as if they're just being nice to appease me. You didn't provide the service I paid for, so what do you expect??!
I had this with Dune the other week, ordered some boots on next day delivery, they didn’t come so I messaged their FB page and nicely asked for my £7 delivery fee to be refunded. The advisor did it, but was like “as a gesture or goodwill we will refund the delivery charge on this occasion” - mate duck off

Reactions: 8
Paying extra for next day delivery online and it not coming the next day 🙂👊🏻

Ha I literally just wrote this 😂 Paid extra and it hasn’t come. Doesn’t matter they’re only last min holiday clothes for Thursday 🙃🥴

Reactions: 2
I don't get why they offer next day delivery when 90% of the time it doesn't happen. Same with Parcelforce48, it's never within 48 hours.

Reactions: 3
On topic of dogs off leads…

I get it, but most dogs need to be allowed off leads and a run around. Most dogs were breed to be functional/working and ergo energetic. It’s not kind of good for them to never get exercise.

as a dog owner I get *incredibly* frustrated at other people with their dogs who don’t train them or take responsibility for them.

our dog has perfect recall, perfect. We don’t let her go up to dogs or people unless we’ve assessed their demeanour and they seem ok with it (and tbh, most people in the U.K. love dogs and fuss over her). We put her on a lead in areas where dogs have to be on leads.

it gets frustrating for us though when other dogs aren’t properly trained - there was a collie puppy who was *literally herding* my dog and causing her distress and the owner was miles away.

one owner had her dog off lead while on the phone and when she saw us approaching, demanded we put ours on a lead because hers scared easy. Lady if your dog is jittery then put it on a lead and come off your bleeding phone.

Reactions: 2
Next day delivery pisses me off too - especially when you get told to wait 48 hours for it to turn up before they’ll process it as a complaint. Sorry what?! Why do I have to wait longer than the product I’ve paid for before you’ll investigate where it is 🤣 they’re all frauds 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 5
Next day delivery pisses me off too - especially when you get told to wait 48 hours for it to turn up before they’ll process it as a complaint. Sorry what?! Why do I have to wait longer than the product I’ve paid for before you’ll investigate where it is 🤣 they’re all frauds 🤣🤣🤣
I feel vindicated for being a cheapskate and always choosing the bog standard postage 😁!

• Haha
I feel vindicated for being a cheapskate and always choosing the bog standard postage 😁!
I’m too impatient to wait 5-7 working days for anything 🙈 and don’t even get me started on the Charlotte tilbury farce 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
When eBay sellers go quiet … just claim for the lost parcel and replace or refund me ffs!

• Heart
Cold calls from mobile phone people. I had 3 yesterday and 2 today.
But I do enjoy winding them up!
I can be deaf,,.please repeat that, sorry, can you say that again…
Or when they ask if you are ok, I might tell them I have just been to the doctor and he said,,,
Once I told the caller I was having sex with my lover and didn’t have time to speak as my husband would be home soon.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
When you post something for sale on Marketplace clearly stating the price and your location, and you still get half a dozen messages asking you how much and whereabouts are you … Oh and the knob who always offers you £10 for something that’s listed at way more than that 🙄

When you post something for sale on Marketplace clearly stating the price and your location, and you still get half a dozen messages asking you how much and whereabouts are you … Oh and the knob who always offers you £10 for something that’s listed at way more than that 🙄
And collection only and they ask if you can deliver!

Reactions: 6
Cold calls from mobile phone people. I had 3 yesterday and 2 today.
But I do enjoy winding them up!
I can be deaf,,.please repeat that, sorry, can you say that again…
Or when they ask if you are ok, I might tell them I have just been to the doctor and he said,,,
Once I told the caller I was having sex with my lover and didn’t have time to speak as my husband would be home soon.
I like to engage them (and especially the obvious scam callers) in conversation then say ‘oh just hold on a moment, there is someone at the door’ put the phone to the side and wait to see how long it is before they hang up. 17 minutes is my record! I figure while they are tied up with me they aren’t bugging anyone else.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
My new response to out of control dogs harassing my perfectly behaved spaniel while owner looks on gormlessly from 3 miles away or doesn't look up from their phone is as follows;

Get between weird dog and mine.
Put my dogs lead on it.
Carry on my dog walk with weird dog on lead and under control.
Enjoy watching how bleeping fast the owner can run after their dog now.
Return dog to owner and act like a good Samaritan.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
There’s two ATM’s in my town that are always busy, they are outside the bank embedded in the wall. They’re in the town centre on the Main Street, so it’s busy. There are two large signs above each ATM instructing people to queue along the wall rather than vertically across the bleeping main shopping street in town.

Do people ever queue along the wall? No.

Reactions: 9
I like to engage them (and especially the obvious scam callers) in conversation then say ‘oh just hold on a moment, there is someone at the door’ put the phone to the side and wait to see how long it is before they hang up. 17 minutes is my record! I figure while they are tied up with me they aren’t bugging anyone else.
I do the same! I figure the more time I keep them on the phone the less time they have to harass other people.

I sometimes play dumb and constantly ask them to repeat themselves, or troll them or just give them ridiculous information. I used to always tell them my name was Mrs Banana Hammock and it sometimes took a while for them to realise. One scam caller was trying to get details of my phone payment plan:

them: hello miss 02 would like to offer a deal to customers… what phone do you currently have?
Me: a Nokia 3310
Then: and how much are you paying for that per month?
me: oh about £200
Them: well 02 would like to offer you a brand new iPhone for half that price per month
Me: oh that’s great but does it have snake though?
Then: pardon me ma’am?
Me: the game? Snake? It’s where you pretend to be a snake and eat a little bit and get bigger but it gets harder and harder to move
Them: *hangs up*

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I do the same! I figure the more time I keep them on the phone the less time they have to harass other people.

I sometimes play dumb and constantly ask them to repeat themselves, or troll them or just give them ridiculous information. I used to always tell them my name was Mrs Banana Hammock and it sometimes took a while for them to realise. One scam caller was trying to get details of my phone payment plan:

them: hello miss 02 would like to offer a deal to customers… what phone do you currently have?
Me: a Nokia 3310
Then: and how much are you paying for that per month?
me: oh about £200
Them: well 02 would like to offer you a brand new iPhone for half that price per month
Me: oh that’s great but does it have snake though?
Then: pardon me ma’am?
Me: the game? Snake? It’s where you pretend to be a snake and eat a little bit and get bigger but it gets harder and harder to move
Them: *hangs up*
That's brilliant. I'm now looking forward to a scam call so I can use this 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Air bnbs..

I swear they used to be a slightly cheaper/quirkier alternative to hotels?

now it’s like they are even more expensive and with a long list of demands: empty the bin, strip the bedsheets, wash every cup, make sure the dishwasher is emptied etc.

I don’t mind tidying up after myself within reason but I don’t want to be doing housework when I’m on holiday? Especially when I’m paying an extortionate cleaning fee?!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
People who ring the doorbell and bang on the door at the same time, especially when you’re not expecting anyone - it’s unnecessarily loud and aggressive for those of us who live on the edge (of their nerves).

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.