Little things in life that annoy you immensely #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Continuing the supermarket theme, people who are surgically attached to their trolleys.

If someone has dumped their trolley in front of the cheese and wandered off, I can shove the trolley out of the way to get to what I want. If they're clinging on to it for dear life and I've said excuse me 6 times and they've still not moved, then I'm stuck waiting.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
My supermarket one is dithering.

i hate dithering at the best of times but get your tit and get out. Why are you dithering up and down aisles?

Reactions: 6
Also on the shopping theme, people who are at a self checkout and then decide they forgot a few bits so leave their shopping at the checkout to go and do some more shopping. You're holding everyone up. If you forgot something pay for what you have at the self checkout and go around again. Other people shouldn't be delayed because you are forgetful.

Also people who stake their place in a queue and yet clearly aren't ready to check out / see a cashier. I was in the post office the other day and someone was still wrapping up a package and writing the address on the box. I went in front of them and they said "I was in the queue you're pushing in." No I'm not, you're not even ready with your stuff yet.

Also on the shopping theme, people who are at a self checkout and then decide they forgot a few bits so leave their shopping at the checkout to go and do some more shopping. You're holding everyone up. If you forgot something pay for what you have at the self checkout and go around again. Other people shouldn't be delayed because you are forgetful.
Or when they’re told the amount and it’s a shock. Like they haven’t got their purse/card out, or they’ve remembered a loyalty card or voucher. You had time in the queue to organise this mate, why are you now fumbling about and holding everyone up?!?

Reactions: 7
Or when they’re told the amount and it’s a shock. Like they haven’t got their purse/card out, or they’ve remembered a loyalty card or voucher. You had time in the queue to organise this mate, why are you now fumbling about and holding everyone up?!?
I’m always (it seems that way) behind someone who wants a refund, cue the cashier not knowing how to refund, buzz for manager, manager seems to take a bleeping eternity to arrive, where they coming from? Home?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Yes like how do people not realise they have to pay for the things they've been shopping for. It's like when people get on a cash only bus and spend ages fishing around in their purse for the right change.

The influencers mirror poses when they stand like they’ve broken one of their legs, like really bent and leaning back. What is that all about.

Reactions: 5
For me, in supermarkets, its entire families going through the checkout together. I can knid of understand this with small children. But not when it's families of flaming adults. One person take the shopping and the rest of you get out the way!!!

And don't get me started when you've got a group of pals going to one check out but all paying for stuff separately. And usually they've got the stuff in one basket and the staff member is tearing their hair out trying to work out who's buying what. This is most prevalent in Primark!!!

Reactions: 4
I do the same! I figure the more time I keep them on the phone the less time they have to harass other people.

I sometimes play dumb and constantly ask them to repeat themselves, or troll them or just give them ridiculous information. I used to always tell them my name was Mrs Banana Hammock and it sometimes took a while for them to realise. One scam caller was trying to get details of my phone payment plan:

them: hello miss 02 would like to offer a deal to customers… what phone do you currently have?
Me: a Nokia 3310
Then: and how much are you paying for that per month?
me: oh about £200
Them: well 02 would like to offer you a brand new iPhone for half that price per month
Me: oh that’s great but does it have snake though?
Then: pardon me ma’am?
Me: the game? Snake? It’s where you pretend to be a snake and eat a little bit and get bigger but it gets harder and harder to move
Them: *hangs up*
Playing dumb is great fun if you have time to waste. I had a scammer trying to convince me my laptop had a virus. I said in an innocent but shocked sounding voice ‘Oh no that sounds serious. Is there a risk I could catch it?’ He thought he’d got a right Wally on and was telling me it was deadly serious and how he could fix it remotely. I let him talk me through letting him access my computer, repeatedly keying in the wrong details of course and pretending to be flustered and upset. Eventually when I was bored of stringing him along I said ‘You must think I fell off a Christmas tree. Quit scamming folk and go get a proper job!’ He hung up 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.