Little things in life that annoy you immensely #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Making the bed just destroys my soul. My mattress is quite heavy so can't properly lift it when putting on the bottom sheet but see when it pings off when I'm putting the opposite side on, it sends me into a right rage 😫😂
Seriously, changing the bed is my all-time most hated job. I get all hot and bothered and cross and it takes forever! Haaaate it!!!!!!!

Other poster recommended deep sheets - they're great, mine are from amazon:

I also have these things which I use for both my fitted fleecy mattress protector undersheet thingy and my fitted sheet (clip to both). Love my "sheet bras" 😂

I also have these things so there's no pinging off and no wrinkling of my sheets. Love my "sheet braces" 😂😂

Obviously this does add to the performance of changing the sheets somewhat, but it's worth it so they stay on without wrinkling or popping off at the corners.

Reactions: 3
Making the bed just destroys my soul. My mattress is quite heavy so can't properly lift it when putting on the bottom sheet but see when it pings off when I'm putting the opposite side on, it sends me into a right rage 😫😂
have you heard of the bed made EZ mattress lifter? haven’t tried it myself but it has good reviews. I struggle through changing my sheets but could benefit from help as well, hmmm

Ok bear with me because this is hard to explain. You know when you nudge something slightly and the butterfly effect causes absolute chaos? Eg earlier knocked the loo roll off its holder, it then rolled across the floor until half the paper was unravelled. Or putting some plastic bottles down to take outside to recycle. And one isn't quite straight and they all gradually knock each other over 1 by 1. 😒 Aaargh annoys me so much.
I just lost a brand new toothbrush head this way and I’m fuming!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 1
Seriously, changing the bed is my all-time most hated job. I get all hot and bothered and cross and it takes forever! Haaaate it!!!!!!!

Other poster recommended deep sheets - they're great, mine are from amazon:

I also have these things which I use for both my fitted fleecy mattress protector undersheet thingy and my fitted sheet (clip to both). Love my "sheet bras" 😂

I also have these things so there's no pinging off and no wrinkling of my sheets. Love my "sheet braces" 😂😂

Obviously this does add to the performance of changing the sheets somewhat, but it's worth it so they stay on without wrinkling or popping off at the corners.
Stuff that, I just buy bigger sheets now. I've given up on trying to force double size fitted sheets over my mattress, I just buy king size now, give them a boil wash to shrink them a bit, tuck any excess over & that's that.
Fitted sheets are so annoying!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
People who stand too close to you at a checkout. Whyyyy
And when you nudge forward a bit - to put space between you - they follow!

Today, I was picking up a few items and let a woman - who looked to be in a rush and stressed - go in front of me as I had more items and wasn't in a huge rush. She was very thankful and appreciative; all good. Just as I was about to empty the contents of my trolley onto the belt, a pompous-looking man rushed ahead of me - muttering something which I didn't hear - and took my place! I gave him a look, to which he turned around and asked what my issue was - I'd already let someone else in! Some people ... if he had asked nicely, I probably would've let him in too, but just his whole attitude ... bleugh. Then in the carpark a lovely man offered to take my trolley ... so that restored my faith in humankind.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
People who stand too close to you at a checkout. Whyyyy
I was at a crossing yesterday where there's plenty of room and someone stood too close to me. Also sometimes get cyclists cycling way too close to me. Great when it's always the side where my hearing isn't great and neither is my vision. (obviously people don't know this; but still, give me space!)

Reactions: 2
When you’re really good at online stalking investigations and you find out something interesting but you can’t share it with your friends because then you’ll have to confess how you found it and they would know the full extent of your psychotic tendencies.

Hypothetical situation, obviously…

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
The pop ups that come up on here every time I turn a page. I’m using an iPad and have my pop up blocker turned on!

any ideas how to get rid please? Fed up on accidentally clicking them and going off on a tangent

• Heart
Reactions: 8
People who say can I get instead of could I have, every time I hear it I silently seethe

Reactions: 5
When you’re really good at online stalking investigations and you find out something interesting but you can’t share it with your friends because then you’ll have to confess how you found it and they would know the full extent of your psychotic tendencies.

Oh god, this actually happened to me once 🤦‍♀️ It was a friendship-ending discovery too, properly illegal and immoral behaviour. I was glad I found out.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Just gone into the bathroom minus glasses. Brushing your teeth with hair creme is foul and immensely annoying 🤢😠

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Stuff that, I just buy bigger sheets now. I've given up on trying to force double size fitted sheets over my mattress, I just buy king size now, give them a boil wash to shrink them a bit, tuck any excess over & that's that.
Fitted sheets are so annoying!
But deep doubles are cheaper than king sized

Reactions: 2
Contestants trying to buy time when they've buzzed in on Tipping Point by saying, "is iiiiit...?", or, "I know this one, it's...".

• Haha
Reactions: 1

I thought I was good but one of my mates is next level online investigator 😂 I casually mentioned the first name and occupation of someone (long story) and she found out pretty much EVERYTHING from
Facebook. She scares me a bit 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.