Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LinaLamont

I’ve seen it mentioned that Perrie and Alex are a PR couple. Nothing would surprise me with celebrities or footballers but I’m not sure what she’d get out of it?

Reactions: 2

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Did she say she was just leaving Little Mix or the spotlight as a whole? Because if it’s the former she’s still going to carry on posting on her Instagram. I do wonder what she’s going to do next.

Readread

VIP Member
I like them.

Jesy barely did any of the promotional stuff for The Search either. Wonder what's wrong with her.

x_bethanyy

I don't think she comes across as rude or uninterested, I think she's just not a preppy, over-the-top type person. I wouldn't go out there waving at people and blowing kisses to fans, that's just not who I am and I think it seems kinda cheesy and lame. But I understand when you have younger fans (or fans in general) it's part of the job. I think that part of the pressure she felt, not just about her physical appearance, but everyone wanted her to be a bubbly chatty type of person, and if you're not like that it can be exhausting to try to fake.

Sunflower91

VIP Member
I recall a passage from Jimmy Savile's autobiography, talking about those who make it big in showbiz: 'the new arrival thinks that tomorrow will be the same as today. Fashions change, there is much fiddling, and if they aren't good at business, he, she or they are plucked clean as a Christmas turkey and flung on the scrapheap.'

He wrote that back in 1974. It's still relevant today. For all his crimes, Savile was a man who understood his industry.
100% agree with both of these. When these girls auditioned for X factor and were brought together they were young and probably naive. The music industry and celebrity stardom isn’t just red carpets, award shows and doing the things you enjoy doing and being recognised. You sign yourself up for a marathon of being critiqued, pulled apart and being asked to adapt and change and the direction you’re told to go in isn’t necessarily going to be one you even want to pursue. But say no and you’re replaceable, be problematic then someone will fill your shoes- because there’s always someone waiting in the wings for their chance.

Boohoo.com

Did a bit of digging on twitter and that was originally added to her bio as just "teamjesy.com" today and now obviously it is an email instead.

Also noticed that none the girls have liked the post by Jesy or the post on the Little Mix account. Now I understand them not posting about her leaving but them not liking either post is a little sus unless they all happened to have a very early night. That coupled with the "teamjesy.com" thing is making me think some of you could be right and there has been a falling out.
Regarding this, I imagine that the girls were told by management to not like her announcement or comment. They also haven't posted ANYTHING on stories or posts. This is probably just to keep it professional. But honestly who knows what has gone on behind the scenes because I am disappointed that the announcement to the girls was so wordy and non persona

megx

Chatty Member
this was on my youtube homepage so I thought I'd give it a watch and the video and comments made me feel so sad for Jesy :(

• Sad

Mumma to Teddy

Itv should have used a phycologist and determined Jessy was not suitable for fame. Poor girl but it seems more like self harm if she's determined to trawl the net to find negative comments.

AnnaLee

They clearly have they do kids magazine interviews, gone on shows aimed at children to promote their music, so they have done exactly that 😂
Have they done this recently? I wouldn’t follow kids shows/magazines so I wouldn’t be that familiar with them. I think at the start they definitely tried to appeal to the younger market but I think they’ve tried to change over the past 2-3 years. A lot of their songs are about sex and they’ve worn skimpy costumes for the past few years which seems to be a new direction for them compared to their earlier stuff.

Emmy44

VIP Member
Will be interesting to see if we feel any off vibes from the girls tonight, whether they seem sad or pissed off

LaraQ

VIP Member
I think Zayn absolutely broke her heart, so Perrie was probably fine with having a PR relationship after that,rather than risk heartbreak again.Alex probably wanted to combat the gay rumors,so this relationship suits them both I guess.

KINGAA

VIP Member
I just watched her documentary Odd One Out. Only going by appearances, it would seem Jade was the most understanding of the other girls.

I wonder how long they’ll last as a trio, as they say, three’s a crowd. Two of them will surely be that little bit closer.
I think Jesy and Perrie were really close and Leigh-Anne and Jade are close, they usually write together! Honestly, I can’t see them doing more than one more album they’ll all start doing solo projects

Greatbutton

Chatty Member
I don’t think they write at all tbh. I think after the split with zayn they were marketed as the girls who sing about break ups/ dickhead boys/feminists. They are heavily lmarketed towards teenage girls. That’s their USP. Now I think since they left sycoethey are trying to appeal to an older audience and be more mature. They are nearing their 30’s so the dumped teenage girl songs aren’t ringing true so they are doing the search to look more talented vocalists if you see what I mean. And they are very talented singers. But they need to find their own genre and stick to it. It’s all a big random with them
They definitely do, Jade and Leigh-Anne mainly. If they were going to fake writing they would just stick all their names on. Jade and Leigh-Anne both went to LA last year for a few months to write.

It's funny you say that because most people's criticism of them is that all their songs sound the same and they never develop.
I have to say, I don't really get your point. The boys who won the search aren't better singers than them and the show was mainly to promo the album until Corona happened and wrecked the plan. Their album is set to debut at 1 or 2 with 50k sales. Their tour is sold out(although I would guess it will be postponed.
I also would add most people who are fans of them have grown up with them, I am 26 for example.

It’s a great album but the first half is MUCH stronger than the second half. ‘Happiness’ is quickly becoming one of my top 5 little mix songs and is literally in my head pretty much 24/7! The sales for both LM and Kylie are insane this week so congrats to them both. I think they’re both close to 50k and the #3 is on 5k!
Funny I much prefer the 2nd half, I'm not a big fan of Holiday and Break up song so I think they let it down.

Last edited:

Greatbutton

Chatty Member
I know and this show has bits which are 100% lipsynced not even just backing track - The ballads are the only thing they’ve sang the majority of.
We will agree to disagree. I know there are wee bits they lipsync. For example Jade when she opens Wasabi but as I say, I still believe it is well over 90% live. I'm sure someone will make a MR removed videos for it like they do for most Little Mix performances and settle the debate.

Reactions: 1