Lisa - My_solo_journey_to_mom

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s not maternal at all. She should of stuck to being the judgy aunt cause that’s the only vibe I’m getting off her.

Lisa you are missing out on such a beautiful bond. Them wee chats at 2am and falling asleep trying to wind them is all part off it
...and being glad they didn't end up on the floor🤣
It's wild at the time but i have lovely memories of the middle of the night and just the 2 or 3 of us awake

Why does the lump need so much sleep, she moves from bed to sofa and i doubt does much in between.

I feel sorry for them because i can't imagine her doing any play at home or even outdoors to parks etc

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I'd be concerned as to why they aren't wakening in the night or am I missing something? I know she is throwing the milk* into them and that has some sort of an affect but still?

*BREASTMILK

Reactions: 1
I'd be concerned as to why they aren't wakening in the night or am I missing something? I know she is throwing the milk* into them and that has some sort of an affect but still?

*BREASTMILK
I think they are waking in the night but she is just pacifying them. She thinks that by giving them the 6 and then sleeping through to another 6oz that’s ok. Little and often Lisa…little and often. Every 2-3 hours for a 7 weeker and that includes nights even if that doesn’t suit you

One of my babies spent 3 weeks in the special care unit they came home sleeping from 12 to 6am. It was the routine the hospital had her in and I kept it up.

Not sure I've ever heard of such small babies sleeping from 9pm to 5/6am.

I have one small who is obsessed with her routine since about 10 weeks. Bed at 7 or the child turns into an antichrist.

Nothing to do with being in a NICU. Wish she would shut up about this like its a badge of honor. Not like they were sub 30 weekers who battled through weeks in NICU the way she talks you'd think it was the case.

Nothing to do with being strict. Nothing to do with you being so fabulous Lisa (interpret as cold and lacking maternal instinct)

My 10 month old still wakes in the night for a bottle. Honestly my favourite time. The world is peaceful and its just the two of us. Sometimes my almost 2yo still wakes for a sup and a cuddle- I love it.
Lisa is missing out and so are her kids. Nothing to brag about at all.

Talks about her bloody spectra in the same way she talks about those babies 🙄

I'm betting they will be getting milupa 💩 by valentines day (growth spurt/sleep regression she will interpret as them being ready for food).

• Heart
I have one small who is obsessed with her routine since about 10 weeks. Bed at 7 or the child turns into an antichrist.

Nothing to do with being in a NICU. Wish she would shut up about this like its a badge of honor. Not like they were sub 30 weekers who battled through weeks in NICU the way she talks you'd think it was the case.

Nothing to do with being strict. Nothing to do with you being so fabulous Lisa (interpret as cold and lacking maternal instinct)

My 10 month old still wakes in the night for a bottle. Honestly my favourite time. The world is peaceful and its just the two of us. Sometimes my almost 2yo still wakes for a sup and a cuddle- I love it.
Lisa is missing out and so are her kids. Nothing to brag about at all.

Talks about her bloody spectra in the same way she talks about those babies 🙄

I'm betting they will be getting milupa 💩 by valentines day (growth spurt/sleep regression she will interpret as them being ready for food).
If she doesn’t get ahead of herself with the pumping she won’t be able to keep up with the demand when they hit a spurt.

Reactions: 2
Also we had two PHNs both advised us when dropping night feeds to go on the 7/11/3 am/pm
First feed to drop is 3am when they are getting volume. That's not that long ago.
Anyone else get that advise?

If she doesn’t get ahead of herself with the pumping she won’t be able to keep up with the demand when they hit a spurt.
I wont even get started on the pumping. Her settings are way off. She just has the udders pulled of herself as is!

• Haha
Also we had two PHNs both advised us when dropping night feeds to go on the 7/11/3 am/pm
First feed to drop is 3am when they are getting volume. That's not that long ago.
Anyone else get that advise?

I wont even get started on the pumping. Her settings are way off. She just has the udders pulled of herself as is!
Ahhahaha that really made me laugh. She honestly if putting me off breastfeeding. Hahaha another thing what’s up with the night dresses. I get it for the hospital for pushing and that but went back to pjs 🤣

I wonder what assessments she had before having treatment, did they offer counselling or anything?

Ahhahaha that really made me laugh. She honestly if putting me off breastfeeding. Hahaha another thing what’s up with the night dresses. I get it for the hospital for pushing and that but went back to pjs 🤣
Don't let her put you off. Breastfeeding is lovely. She isn't Breastfeeding she is exclusively pumping and she makes it look soooo much harder than it actually is.
We’re out for a walk
Must be reading this all the time

She is definitely reading here all the time.

Some advice for Lisa
1. Find a baby group and bring them
2. Find a class and take a twin on each alternating week- you obviously have childcare get to know your babies
3. Stop trying to prove us wrong and just be a mother instead of a milk parlour. It's not only about food.

Smug face on her as she tells us all she's going for a walk. She'll probably let Auntie Peg mind them while she goes for a nap.

Don't let her put you off. Breastfeeding is lovely. She isn't Breastfeeding she is exclusively pumping and she makes it look soooo much harder than it actually is.

Some advice for Lisa
2. Find a class and take a twin on each alternating week- you obviously have childcare get to know your babies
3. Stop trying to prove us wrong and just be a mother instead of a milk parlour. It's not only about food.
Great advice. Honestly she could learn so much from here. Women talking from experience. Personal and private experience. Worth a hell of a lot more than a few views and likes on Instagram.

Some advice for Lisa
And stop having your pump on the highest setting, does you no good and doesn't produce more milk nor replicate a latched baby

Oh defo reading here. We’re out for fresh air now. Say she’s not one bit happy about that

I dont understand how she finds leaving the house so hard, she has help. I manage to leave the house at 8am with my girls every morning to do the school run for my eldest. That's the one thing that's good to be strict about Lisa is making sure you get out

The hardest bit is chipping that granny nightie off and leaving her darling pump behind. The babies are so small that they need very little for a walk up the road l, food and nappies in a bag and away you go

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.