Lisa - My_solo_journey_to_mom

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For one that loves to nit pick at others you really trip yourself up Thump 🤣🤣

Basically the entire thread is the issue with her missuse of the word solo.

You seem to only come to this thread to argue with other posters- maybe it's hitting too close to home for you!
My life is nothing like Lisa’s, I’m not single, only have one child who is far from newborn and we have zero family around us to to help just myself, dad and the crèche. I work full time and I couldn’t breastfeed. So to be honest we’ve damn all on common and it’s definitely not close to home for me. With my partner over a decade. I just think it’s a bit nitpicky, clearly she means solo as in single parent as she doesn’t hide the fact she lives at home or has help from her family.

Reactions: 5
Ok I have a two week old so it’s taken me a WHILE to catch up here but I’ve finally done it inbetween all the BREASTFEEDING nappy changes for the baby and the toddler feeding all four kids putting on washes keeping as up to date with laundry as possible while my husband works a full time job and I saw my mother for two hours 3 days after I had baby…. Now I’m
Not being a martyr - I knew what I was getting in to and I know that this stage is tough and I will get through it.

But oh. My. God. Who died and made this one queen and all knowing of all things newborn and bf !!!! If I hear “does that make a sense?” One more time I think I’ll crack up!!!!

And as for the pumping while babies were screaming?!?! Her mother was also clearly there so why not get her to help latch both babies on instead of that trauma while she pumped?? By the sounds of them there would’ve been no babies popping off the boob - at 6 weeks it would be much easier to bf both at the same time esp with someone like her Mam on hand to help if needs be and eventually she would master it.
No matter how much I bf any of mine I still
Wouldn’t have been able to set a time on their feeds the way she can??

There’s probably loads more points I’m missing out on because I was nodding along to everyone for the last 10 pages or so!!!!

Flabbergasted

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Ok I have a two week old so it’s taken me a WHILE to catch up here but I’ve finally done it inbetween all the BREASTFEEDING nappy changes for the baby and the toddler feeding all four kids putting on washes keeping as up to date with laundry as possible while my husband works a full time job and I saw my mother for two hours 3 days after I had baby…. Now I’m
Not being a martyr - I knew what I was getting in to and I know that this stage is tough and I will get through it.

But oh. My. God. Who died and made this one queen and all knowing of all things newborn and bf !!!! If I hear “does that make a sense?” One more time I think I’ll crack up!!!!

And as for the pumping while babies were screaming?!?! Her mother was also clearly there so why not get her to help latch both babies on instead of that trauma while she pumped?? By the sounds of them there would’ve been no babies popping off the boob - at 6 weeks it would be much easier to bf both at the same time esp with someone like her Mam on hand to help if needs be and eventually she would master it.
No matter how much I bf any of mine I still
Wouldn’t have been able to set a time on their feeds the way she can??

There’s probably loads more points I’m missing out on because I was nodding along to everyone for the last 10 pages or so!!!!

Flabbergasted

Congratulations 🥳 I hope you're enjoying your little squish and post partum is being good to you

Congratulations 🥳 I hope you're enjoying your little squish and post partum is being good to you
Thank you!! Loving this stage! And loving this time of night because i can just soak it all in with baby - during the day I have the toddler climbing all over me and baby and school is off so other kids are needing me too so night time I get to cuddle and catch up on tattle 😂😂😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Thank you!! Loving this stage! And loving this time of night because i can just soak it all in with baby - during the day I have the toddler climbing all over me and baby and school is off so other kids are needing me too so night time I get to cuddle and catch up on tattle 😂😂😂
Dead right that's exactly what newborn days are for! Mine are Irish twins. Was chaos but we still got time

Reactions: 1
It can get quite chaotic. My 20 week old has just woken up here and thinks it’s party time 🤦🏻‍♀️ It’s gonna be a lonnng night

🙈 sometimes it's easier to give in and let them have the 30 mins 🤣

You could always ask Lisa for tips hers slept through at 6 weeks?

• Haha
Reactions: 1
🙈 sometimes it's easier to give in and let them have the 30 mins 🤣

You could always ask Lisa for tips hers slept through at 6 weeks?
Oh defo! I’ll let him have his moment. He’s happy out chatting to himself 😂

oh good idea, I’ll message her. Oh no wait…she won’t reply to me cause I’m a mere mortal and I have nada collab to offer

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.