Lisa - My_solo_journey_to_mom

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But why implant 2 embryos then? Bit silly

Also that she chose to be ‘solo’ and purposely implanted two embryos knowing damn well it could lead to twins and claims she is doing it all alone. Couldn’t be further from the truth
You don’t implant embryos, you transfer them. What happens after they are transferred is in the hands of the gods and they are not guaranteed to stick by any means but it gives you better odds of something sticking if you transfer 2.

Reactions: 7
But why implant 2 embryos then? Bit silly
Totally agree. Clinic was ridiculous to transfer two for her.
One would have been more than enough.
IVF clinics in Ireland have alot to answer for. I'm usually not an advocate of travelling for medical care but clinics in Poland/Greece seem far more responsible/advanced

Reactions: 5
You don’t implant embryos, you transfer them. What happens after they are transferred is in the hands of the gods and they are not guaranteed to stick by any means but it gives you better odds of something sticking if you transfer 2.
Okay well terminology aside, not sure why that matters, it could also result in twins…which it did

Reactions: 1
Okay well terminology aside, not sure why that matters, it could also result in twins…which it did
It’s not just terminology though they are two different things and only one of them is controllable. You said why implant 2, I responded that by transferring (not implanting, cos that’s not possible) 2 the odds of ending up pregnant are better. That’s usually why 2 might be transferred over 1.

Reactions: 4
It’s not just terminology though they are two different things and only one of them is controllable. You said why implant 2, I responded that by transferring (not implanting, cos that’s not possible) 2 the odds of ending up pregnant are better. That’s usually why 2 might be transferred over 1.
Yes I understand that and that’s fine but I responded but also saying that TRANSFERRING 2 could result in twins.

• Wow
Yes I understand that and that’s fine but I responded but also saying that TRANSFERRING 2 could result in twins.
Sorry is that a question? I responded to your original question of why 2. Usually 2 = greater chance of pregnancy than 1. I assume that’s the reason here too that they transferred 2. It’s hardly for the extra childrens allowance like.

Reactions: 2
I think your nit picking now. No one knows the correct terminology unless they’ve been through it. If Lisa had of used her page for educational purposes we might be more aware

• Angry
Reactions: 9
You're right. Transferring two embryos only moderately increases chances of pregnancy but it greatly increases risk of multiples.

Good practice from a clinic for a woman as young as Lisa would be to transfer just one embryo and avoid the risk of multiples!

Sorry is that a question? I responded to your original question of why 2. Usually 2 = greater chance of pregnancy than 1. I assume that’s the reason here too that they transferred 2. It’s hardly for the extra childrens allowance like.
Ok you don’t need to repeat yourself!
Also, allowance payments don’t come into it.
other posters were making a point that she’s hardly ‘solo’ and couldn’t have been ignorant to the fact that she could end up pregnant with twins. She transferred two - okay to increase her chances but that also increased her chances of multiples and there was no way she was going to parent multiples ‘solo’ and we have seen that

I think your nit picking now. No one knows the correct terminology unless they’ve been through it. If Lisa had of used her page for educational purposes we might be more aware
I honestly don’t know why the terminology is so important. This isn’t a medical thread 😂

Reactions: 3
Ok you don’t need to repeat yourself!
Also, allowance payments don’t come into it.
other posters were making a point that she’s hardly ‘solo’ and couldn’t have been ignorant to the fact that she could end up pregnant with twins. She transferred two - okay to increase her chances but that also increased her chances of multiples and there was no way she was going to parent multiples ‘solo’ and we have seen that
She would have been well informed of the odds of multiples. She always seemed delighted to be having twins. She is solo in that she is not with the babies’ father, her having family help doesn’t change that. There isn’t normally a box for that when indicating family status. Single, married, living with me ma. In terms of family status she is a single parent.

She would have been well informed of the odds of multiples. She always seemed delighted to be having twins. She is solo in that she is not with the babies’ father, her having family help doesn’t change that. There isn’t normally a box for that when indicating family status. Single, married, living with me ma. In terms of family status she is a single parent.
Single does not mean solo 🤷‍♀️

Her family status is ‘single’ yes but she has branded herself on on IG as the solo mom. Setting unrealistic expectations for other solo ‘moms’ who might really be doing it alone and looking to her - super ‘mom’ and feeling pretty damn lousy about themselves. It’s been mentioned here before, she is not relatable. Great she has help, I’m delighted for her. But don’t then come on and claim you are a ‘solo’ mother because her parents are essentially playing the role a father would have, or doing more as it seems

Well that is clearly how she is interpreting the word cos that’s her Instagram handle 🤷🏼‍♀️
For one that loves to nit pick at others you really trip yourself up Thump 🤣🤣

Basically the entire thread is the issue with her missuse of the word solo.

You seem to only come to this thread to argue with other posters- maybe it's hitting too close to home for you!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
For one that loves to nit pick at others you really trip yourself up Thump 🤣🤣

Basically the entire thread is the issue with her missuse of the word solo.

You seem to only come to this thread to argue with other posters- maybe it's hitting too close to home for you!
Funny - I thought same same myself 🤣

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Anyway...! I wonder will she mention the 6 week checkup. Must of had a hectic day after it. Probably monstor shits that required calling in the army.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.