Lisa - My_solo_journey_to_mom

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d love to try to breastfeed but it’s impossible for me and her smugness is really off putting… she thinks she is a superior being because she is breastfeeding 🙄
You can be guaranteed if she really was a solo ‘mom’ she would not be breastfeeding cause she wouldn’t have the time. She has the time cause mammy does everything else

Reactions: 4
I put them in awake and they self soothe 🤣 they’re 6 weeks old. They do not know self soothe. They fall asleep because they are newborns. How will she cope when she’s got two teething babies? One waking the other..
it’s the smugness of the whole thing. My babies are breastfed and they’re sleeping through the night etc etc. I also think at 6 weeks for premature babies that are still gaining that you should still be waking them for feeds? Maybe not!
I had a premature baby last year and at that stage two public health nurses advised us to keep wakening for feeds to ensure weight gain. Was she not hoping one of them would be a certain weight when weighed last and the baby hadn't reached it so why is she letting them go hours on end at night. Lisa likes her sleep too much in my opinion and is being enabled by Mammy and Daddy from what I see. Even in pregnancy she was in her bed a lot. God love her when those two are more active or when they are up and running about.

I'm pretty sure at 6 weeks my boy was also only taking up to 3oz.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I had a premature baby last year and at that stage two public health nurses advised us to keep wakening for feeds to ensure weight gain. Was she not hoping one of them would be a certain weight when weighed last and the baby hadn't reached it so why is she letting them go hours on end at night. Lisa likes her sleep too much in my opinion and is being enabled by Mammy and Daddy from what I see. Even in pregnancy she was in her bed a lot. God love her when those two are more active or when they are up and running about.

3oz is the norm at that stage. It is also a sign of reflux, the milk is soothing the burning so they feed and feed and feed

Reactions: 8
I’d love to try to breastfeed but it’s impossible for me and her smugness is really off putting… she thinks she is a superior being because she is breastfeeding 🙄
Totally understand her smugness being off-putting. Breastfeeding isn't for everyone. I done it twice and it's great, so handy and quick even when pumping. It's free and it's good nutrition. I switched to formula after 3 months because I was touched out and I needed space to find myself both times. Thats important too. You're entire being can't be defined by motherhood. If you want to be happy and a good role model for your kids hold on to parts of yourself and enjoy them.

I'm pissed off with this one because she is a terrible and unrealistic example of a mother in the average world. She makes everything look hard.

And her breastfeed babies aren't breastfeed they are EP babies (exclusively pump). Much easier to overfeed and pacify. You won't have them cluster feeding and chewing your nips all night. Feck off hun xoxo

3oz is the norm at that stage. It is also a sign of reflux, the milk is soothing the burning so they feed and feed and feed
100%!! My first baby was like this and I thought he was hungry I didn’t know any better! Peaked at 6 weeks and he was viscous!! He had a milk allergy. I hope she gets the baby checked. Just for peace of mind if nothing else. 😳

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Dear love her if she thinks she has parenthood cracked because she can pump some milk....a very rude awakening incoming 🤭

Reactions: 2
Dear love her if she thinks she has parenthood cracked because she can pump some milk....a very rude awakening incoming 🤭
Wait till the girls start hitting and kicking her, slamming doors and turfing things across the room in a rage. That’s the fun part. The baby stage is so so easy. Although my 5 year old still doesn’t sleep and I know that’s not normal however it’s still not a walk in the park

Reactions: 3
Wait till the girls start hitting and kicking her, slamming doors and turfing things across the room in a rage. That’s the fun part. The baby stage is so so easy. Although my 5 year old still doesn’t sleep and I know that’s not normal however it’s still not a walk in the park
Babies don't move, they are where you left them and safe.
Toddlers fall and wreck the place , school kids have fall outs with friends and teenagers....I'm saying nothing!!

Babies don't move, they are where you left them and safe.
Toddlers fall and wreck the place , school kids have fall outs with friends and teenagers....I'm saying nothing!!
Aleach stage has it's challenges but anyone that thinks the newborn stage is the hardest is sadly mistaken. It's a breeze compared to the rest 🤣 and see when they start talking back and giving you cheek 🤯

• Heart
Aleach stage has it's challenges but anyone that thinks the newborn stage is the hardest is sadly mistaken. It's a breeze compared to the rest 🤣 and see when they start talking back and giving you cheek 🤯
It’s the constant ‘no’ for me. That’s the hard part. Battle to get out the door for school etc etc. With the baby he’s just into the buggy and away we go. Worse thing that can happen is he will cry but the baby stage is defo the easiest

So if she puts them down at 9pm and they wake at 5.30 am is 8.5 hours an awful long time to go with I presume no napoy change because she would be afraid she would wake them

I wonder does she realise if she’s going ‘all night’ (8 hours) without pumping her supply will be affected?? I had to pump for 5 weeks as my baby was still in hospital and it was so important to pump every 3 hours even through the night!

They are chunking up nicely. They won't be little for long if they are taking 5oz already. My first at 6 weeks was only taking 1-1.5oz each feed 🤦‍♀️
Is 5oz not a collosal amount for such small babies?

Like mine was full term and loved her bottles she was a chunk but couldn't drink more than 3oz until she was about 4.5/5 months old! 😳

She also would sleep in her crib all night if I let her (but the phn said to wake her for a bottle) until that good old 4 month sleep regression hit. 🙃👍🏻

• Wow
Is 5oz not a collosal amount for such small babies?

Like mine was full term and loved her bottles she was a chunk but couldn't drink more than 3oz until she was about 4.5/5 months old! 😳

She also would sleep in her crib all night if I let her (but the phn said to wake her for a bottle) until that good old 4 month sleep regression hit. 🙃👍🏻
I think it’s a huge amount especially for babies who were premature. And she said that’s every 3 hours so that’s a huge volume per day

My PHN always said to wake my baby at night for feeds and she was full term. And like someone mentioned above isn’t that an awful long time for babies so small with no nappy change and no feed.

Reactions: 1
She is overfeeding them.

At their age a guideline for feeding is 2.5 x their present weight in a 24 hour period. One of the babies is touching 8lbs so her feeds shouod amount to 20oz give or take a couple. She is giving them approx 28/30oz. The other baby is nearly a lb smaller so should be on less again. No wonder one of them is constantly grunting.

Definitely overfeeding them. Small babies do much better with little and often. Their tummies and digestive track are not mature for large quantities.
If you look at breastfeed babies they feed every couple of hours and take their fill over a full 24 hours. That's natural for them. But she seems to be prioritising schedule. Which some people favor.
I personally prefer to let babies eat intuitively to prevent overeating especially later in life. I decided that as an obese Mum I don't want my kids to develop an overeating problem like me. Lisa hasn't considered that yet. She wants to sleep...

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.