Lisa - My_Solo_Journey_To_Mom #4 Do the girls constantly nap, or is Lisa full of it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Of course your mother will be a wealth of advise
I had a few pots as well but this one makeing a song and dance about them.
Only sconced through her video is it a collab.
Honestly she annoys me, She’s not the first one to wean her child and won’t be the last. Maybe she should take other people’s advice and her sister and mothers instead of going by a baby book. The good old fashioned way of weaning as my mother says never done her or us any harm.

I found ice cubes trays great. Just freeze & pop into a freezer bag. A single cube portion was great for the first week & Great for mixing different flavours after first tastes is over with. Once I got to a stage of needing 4-5 I started making little dinners instead.
The clevamama do a range and that’s what I use and find them great. They all slot into the freezer

She’s actually delusional.
A) her babies are not ready to be weaned.

B)despite what she says about not passing on a poor relationship with food, that is exactly what she will do. She’s exactly the type to shovel purées in and get angry when they aren’t taking the amount it says on the side of a bloody box.

serioysly who is this mummy cooks onesaying the first 3-5 days one ounce of purée 🙄
I also saw purées still recommended to 9 months. Madness.
research is there that if you delay finger foods and tastes after 9 months, baby is much more likely to develop picky eating habits and only prefer safe foods and reluctant to try new.

C) if you want your childrens diet to be good put away the Pepsi and coke. Seriously have some water like an adult. Babies are monkey see monkey do.

Reactions: 8
Baffled by all the shite required... I gave mine basically everything we ate ourselves. They just picked up the food and ate it if they wanted it and sometimes they just messed about with it, no big deal. Wouldn't know where to start with purees and couldn't be arsed

Jesus she’s such an old bat…
“Don’t come at me with your weaning tips”
Like a simple thanks for all the advice in my inbox but I’m going to try my own way first would have been nice, from actual real life experienced mothers who took time out to write her a message of advice….but sure enough if one of them offered to send something for free she’d gladly accept!

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Baffled by all the shite required... I gave mine basically everything we ate ourselves. They just picked up the food and ate it if they wanted it and sometimes they just messed about with it, no big deal. Wouldn't know where to start with purees and couldn't be arsed
Exactly this. I reckon Lisa won’t be able for mess and try control the whole experience scuff will land her in a very tricky situation when they get older. It’s not ALL about how much they eat. Interacting /seeing/touching/smelling the food is arguably more important.

Reactions: 3
I call bulshit on not being able to afford a saline plus humidifier.. she probably spent as much as it would’ve cost on that box of weaning tit that she would’ve got in dealz for €10 and would’ve got recipes and the rest of the information online for free.. also wasn’t it “Mickey money” or whatever the other cark twin mom calls it only a week or 2 ago why didn’t she buy it then because this isn’t the first time she’s mentioned it! Plus if she can’t afford little extras now what hope does she have when the girls get bigger, at the age they are now is the least expensive time of a child’s life!

Reactions: 10
I call bulshit on not being able to afford a saline plus humidifier.. she probably spent as much as it would’ve cost on that box of weaning tit that she would’ve got in dealz for €10 and would’ve got recipes and the rest of the information online for free.. also wasn’t it “Mickey money” or whatever the other cark twin mom calls it only a week or 2 ago why didn’t she buy it then because this isn’t the first time she’s mentioned it! Plus if she can’t afford little extras now what hope does she have when the girls get bigger, at the age they are now is the least expensive time of a child’s life!
Mickey money plus maternity benefit/pay, no mortgage, small/no rent, doesn’t go out, no major shopping sprees. Hinting for a freebie maybe? And yes it’s a bit worrying if she is talking about finances already, the older they get the more expensive they will be.

Reactions: 6
I don’t get how she can’t afford a saline plus when she has no rent, bills, mortgage, food shop. I’d say she buys nothing and de mudder buys it all. Doubt she contributes towards anything. And yeah she would have got €420 like 2 weeks ago. My kids are doing swimming lessons that’s 120 each for 8 weeks and my little fella plays gaa and football, so expensive to buy all the gear. Then friends parties and presents etc. But that’s what you have to do as a parent. Make sure your kids have what they need.

Why can’t she just wean them like we all did 🙈 my kids ate what we ate i didn’t buy any books 🤣

I’m glad to see she has maintained the nails as good as the 12 week blow dry😅

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Mickey money plus maternity benefit/pay, no mortgage, small/no rent, doesn’t go out, no major shopping sprees. Hinting for a freebie maybe? And yes it’s a bit worrying if she is talking about finances already, the older they get the more expensive they will be.
Isn't she going to a wedding soon too and wants all done for it so where is the money for that coming from.

Shes begging hard for the saline plus anyway.....i just cant with this one, shes such a slob, lying off drinking pints of pepsi🙄 shes concious of what shes going to feed the twins, while shes getting bigger by the minute.... guarantee she will be feeding them crap, and the book wont be used at all, her snide remarks about how Ayda will eat everything, alluding to her being overweight already🤯 good god, shes a bleeping dope (lipsmack, lipsmack, if that makes sense🙄)

Reactions: 9
Not sure why she bothered with the thermal bag and the flask she doesn't go outside the door.......and then going on as if the storm was ruining her Friday plans, you can still nap and lounge around in dirty clothes with a storm outside Lisa

• Haha
Reactions: 13
"I find", "I found'...it drives me insane when she says this! Parenting guru Lisa has the last word, she can't afford a salin plus just after showing a box of shite she doesn't actually NEED for weaning! I'd count the salin plus as more important personally but clearly she's going to hold out and try get it for free! It's not that she can't afford it, it's that she refuses to spend the €160 on it! Here Lisa, I've 2, one in each of the bedrooms my kids sleep in. Guess what, I went without to get them so that my kids would sleep easier. That's what us "moms" do!

Reactions: 11
She’s totally reading here! as for this storm, she has the hot water in flasks like others on here suggested during the last storm

Reactions: 1
Mummy cooks is crap for weaning. Giving portion sizes for weaning babies. Bloody outrageous.

Babies eat to appetite. Some have barely 1-2 spoons.

Best advice from pediatric dieticians is to start on bitter greens whether pureed or baby led.
Baby rice is a waste of time. Giving fruit will make them want everything sweet.

If she cared about feeding them properly and breaking a generational problem she would have consulted a dietician not a brand that wants to sell sell sell.

Dont come at me with weaning advice. How bloody rude!
I can't listen to ger stories anymore. She is painful

Reactions: 13
Her attempt at a half arse apology is laughable. Maybe people are giving you advice Julie because you clearly need it so maybe take other mothers advice who actually know what they are doing instead of going by a stupid baby book.let’s see how long she lasts actually weaning them because she won’t even feed them a bottle never mind give them the spoon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.