Lisa - My_Solo_Journey_To_Mom #4 Do the girls constantly nap, or is Lisa full of it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Opening myself up for tattle backlash here but …

lisas bio - ‘single mom by choice’.
I don’t know why that really grinds my gears so much. Is she stating she’s better than moms who maybe didn’t chose to be single? I can’t put my fingers on the reason but it erks me

• Haha
Reactions: 14

I don’t know why that really grinds my gears so much. Is she stating she’s better than moms who maybe didn’t chose to be single? I can’t put my fingers on the reason but it erks me
I just don’t get it. I’m a single mum not by choice well I guess it’s better to be alone than with a deadbeat but whatever but I don’t have it in my bio. It don’t define me. I just find it and her strange.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

By choice but who’s choice 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3

great point.

I saw someone refer to Sandra Oh the actress (Christina yang/killing eve) lately as ‘childless by choice’ and she corrected them and said ‘ I’m child free by choice, I’m not less anything’ and I loved it ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Lisa is blind to most real struggles of a solo parent, she’s an immature and silly woman. Hope the insta things works out for her because I’d hate to think of her in the hospital caring for me or a loved one. She’s probably seeing could she get a milky mate for the patients in the hospital..
Absolutely.
She has shown time & time again she has no hygiene standards. She is bone idle. She is a cold fish who doesn’t show her own babies any kindness. Can’t think of anyone less suited to working in healthcare. Bet her work colleagues have some stories to tell.

Its a stupid description, because its not really a "choice"...... she dosnt have a partner, so how is she choosing it really? Its not like there seems to be a queue of fellas outside, shes not choosing to be single, i suppose she chose to be a "mom"..... i think shes looking for an award being "a single mom, like that Julie idiot, to be honest, so much about this woman annoys me anyway, so just add it to the list🤣

Reactions: 8
She cleared 9oz because she has never learned hunger ques because you always stuffed them and feed them lying flat or with milky mates.... so ya I'm telling you she wasn't ready for a spoon ya big oaf 🤦‍♀️

How much milk a baby drinks isn't actually a sign of readiness either. You bloody fool.
Plus as far as I'm concerned milk, be it breast or formula is to be the baby's main source of calories and nutrients for the first year? This one is a top class dose. A stupid 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Reactions: 4
By choice but who’s choice 🤣

Every man on the planet probably.

Definitely no backlash on here! 🤣

It annoys most of us cause she preaches that she’s doing it all alone when she actually has more help than those of us with partners (who are working during the week!) And it’s an insult to those that are single and on their own all day everyday.
Most 30+ year olds don’t have mammys help 24/7.

She finally acknowledged de mudder last night on stories though!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Plus as far as I'm concerned milk, be it breast or formula is to be the baby's main source of calories and nutrients for the first year? This one is a top class dose. A stupid 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Yep. Their iron stores start to deplete after 26 weeks. That's why it's the latest stage for weaning.
So they need some food then. And they are little sponges so they learn.

In our house food before 8 months was sensory (touch, feel, smell) and after that they learned to eat on their hunger ques until they were full. By 11 months they had dropped milk out of the day (bedtime bottle only).

I'm overweight my entire life. Done a couple of courses with a registered dietician to get the correct information because I want to break a generational problem.

Lisa's children have no hope. At this early stage I can already see food issues, size complexes and lazy ways creeping up on them.

Those kids are already at a disadvantage because their upbringing will be so far from typical. Being not 'normal' as a kid is hard. They don't have a dad. They live with their Nan. Lots of things not normal and won't be for them.
You think she'd make every effort to give them the best. But from the start she didn't. And she's proving it again with her weaning approach.

Reactions: 13
Re-mortgage? You don’t have a mortgage Lisa? You wouldn’t know what one was if it hit you in the face. Ask your mudder

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Food before one is just for fun. It’s about getting used to colours, textures, flavours & feeling it too, mess is good, it shows a baby is exploring these new foods. It’s not about filling them up, as you said, the bulk of their nutrition should be coming from their milk.

Reactions: 7
Lisa knows full well the girls were too young to be weaned. Which is why she didn’t mention it till now . There will be no mentioning either for the next few weeks of their corrected age either.

Reactions: 6
Shes only trying to antagonize people now so she can pull the troll card.
I can just hear her saying "i started solids at 12 weeks and it didn't do me any harm" hate to break it to you but it did!

Reactions: 8

it's an Instagram identity - there's a lot of smbc (solo mums by choice) doing insta these days, there's a community there for her to get followers and attention. There are issues that smbc would be interested in discussing and supporting each other with, logistic stuff like planning child care for possible emergencies, etc and the unique legal stuff around getting passports and birth registration. Same as people raising kids with each after relationships have ended would be looking for info around visitation and support payments, it's a different type of parenting.

while technically a solo mum Lisa has more live in support than the majority of people I know who are rearing children in couples. Is she ever even alone in the house without them?!?

she also got to do radio interviews and bits of press off the back of being a solo mum bravely going alone to try and conceive her dream baby - that's attention that other women ttc don't get and it's definitely given her an unrealistic expectation of continued attention and freebies.

Its a stupid description, because its not really a "choice"...... she dosnt have a partner, so how is she choosing it really? Its not like there seems to be a queue of fellas outside, shes not choosing to be single, i suppose she chose to be a "mom"..... i think shes looking for an award being "a single mom, like that Julie idiot, to be honest, so much about this woman annoys me anyway, so just add it to the list🤣
To be honest these kind of comments are of the dark ages and suggest that a woman doesn’t have any say on whether she is single of not. You can chose to be single regardless of whether a man (or woman) would “have you” or not. I’m not single before the comments come that it’s close to the bone for me, but I can see why sometimes you wouldn’t be bothered putting up with them. I know plenty happily single woman living happy lives. Doesn’t mean they’ll be single for ever but no reason you always have to be in a relationship if it doesn’t suit you. There’s a story in the media today of a young woman murdered in Pakistan because she rejected a marriage proposal. Be thankful we live in a society where we have the choice. Being in a relationship isn’t the be all and end all.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.